PDA

View Full Version : 2011 450r

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

exrider12
08-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I just dont get why everyones calling TPR out on his predictions. He sounds credible and seems to have an abundance of knowledge.

Ok so if he's wrong he's wrong. No big deal. But if he's right then we have a reliable source of information in th future.

jkiserracing
08-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
There is only one part of your comment that is incorrect and that was me changing my tune.

I have always made the statement that Honda has completed the 450r

TPR

I understand what your saying....and keep in mind, just as I said before....I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong by all means.

I basically just have a hard time believing that this quad ever exists at the moment. Possibly a prototype on paper maybe but not a real one.

The reason I said your tune changed as this whole discussion went along was because you seemed to be very confident at the beginning and about halfway through, that energy seemed to turn in a whole different direction.
Now, I'm not talking about what Hondas plans are on this or their gameplan on that...or current supply depletion. I'm not talking about 10 years back when they dissapeared off the planet (as far as sport quads go) or current economy situation on the industry as a whole or anything that has come up on this thread.

I'm just talking about the predictions made on this 2011 450R. From when you first started talking about it till now. It just came across (to me) as if it were about to be (mid summer as you stated) to hit the showroom floors. And now............not so much. It just seems to be a different tune. Thats all.

I simply don't think it exists except in the minds of some (mine included) and/or on paper. And of course thats only my opinion.

croat1
08-20-2010, 11:24 AM
somewhat deja vu my friends. sure the economy f'd it up this time. what happebed last time???? in 1989????too young to remember????the elimination of the best quad ever built...the 250R. while other manufacturers continued to produce new model bikes
goes and hides. off topic here but how did suzuki still sell the quadracer until 1992 and yamaha the banshee until what 2006?

fast forward from 1989 to 1999. honda releases the revolutionary 400ex. basically a 10 year old design as in frame (almost a 250r copy ecxept round tube) and basically a 15 year old design motor (atc350x). with inferior brakes compared to the 1989 trx250R.

don't get me wrong...i am a honda die hard. garage full of 250r's
and a newly aquired 2008 trx450er (new).

new 2008's in northeast ohio are going for 6000 otd (5000 base plus tax title and fees). not sure where all these guys are buying bikes (hondas or any brand) for 4-5000.

MtnEX
08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Right... it's just that honda is/was a bit worse off in this respect...

When I first started shopping 450's any TRX made was around to be had.

A year later, still plenty 2006 and up models.

Now another year later, still new models available back to the 2006 model year.

That's 4 year old brand new stock.

bananas
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda is pull the same thing with their Wave runners.. The dealers are not sure if Honda going to make more or not. Sea Doo and Yamaha dealers are tell everyone that Honda is sitting back on thier A-- and leaving them out to die..

sparks 450
08-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by croat1
somewhat deja vu my friends. sure the economy f'd it up this time. what happebed last time???? in 1989????too young to remember????the elimination of the best quad ever built...the 250R. while other manufacturers continued to produce new model bikes
goes and hides. off topic here but how did suzuki still sell the quadracer until 1992 and yamaha the banshee until what 2006?

fast forward from 1989 to 1999. honda releases the revolutionary 400ex. basically a 10 year old design as in frame (almost a 250r copy ecxept round tube) and basically a 15 year old design motor (atc350x). with inferior brakes compared to the 1989 trx250R.

don't get me wrong...i am a honda die hard. garage full of 250r's
and a newly aquired 2008 trx450er (new).

new 2008's in northeast ohio are going for 6000 otd (5000 base plus tax title and fees). not sure where all these guys are buying bikes (hondas or any brand) for 4-5000. honda pulled out in 1989 because they got their you no what sued over the three wheeler. If you all remember honda first showed the 2004 trx 450r in september of 2003 and the quad didnt hit the show room floor until jan. of 2004. when the economy gets better they will release it.

DnB_racing
08-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sparks 450
honda pulled out in 1989 because they got their you no what sued over the three wheeler. If you all remember honda first showed the 2004 trx 450r in september of 2003 and the quad didnt hit the show room floor until jan. of 2004. when the economy gets better they will release it. I own the golden gate bridge!! Ill sell it to ya real cheap!

RosquistRacer39
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
If Honda is waiting for the economy to get better, then be prepared for a long wait.

You guys forget that hondas main focus is not the sport quad market. With Yamaha, Can-Am etc, where is there money coming from? Powersports. That is why you see them updating models much more than Honda. I think Honda could care less about the sport quad, because if they are sitting on 4 year old inventory, I would consider that a failure as far as a business model is concerned. They will put there R&D where they are making money and right now it doesn't seem that with the 450r.

MtnEX
08-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by RosquistRacer39
If Honda is waiting for the economy to get better, then be prepared for a long wait.

You guys forget that hondas main focus is not the sport quad market. With Yamaha, Can-Am etc, where is there money coming from? Powersports. That is why you see them updating models much more than Honda. I think Honda could care less about the sport quad, because if they are sitting on 4 year old inventory, I would consider that a failure as far as a business model is concerned. They will put there R&D where they are making money and right now it doesn't seem that with the 450r.

Very good post... that's my view on it from another verbal perspective...

These guys don't even realize I wouldn't even say anything... but only do because I think it's such a shame.

It's a shame, but then Honda can get by OK doing this... as they have so far.

And this shame is half Honda's fault and half the fault of the Honda loyalists.

The TRX450's could be so much farther ahead than it is. But it's not because in general Honda has not had to do this with any model really...

And this has kinda sort bit them in the *** this time around when people are thinking harder about the money they are spending.

What has been working didn't work with the TRX450 basically.

So they are at a spot now where they have to deplete leftover stock... and then they either have to cut production numbers seriously or leave the model "dropped"...... or they have to seriously update it and produce a limited quantity.

desratt
08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
i wouldn't call it failure... it is actually good management..
they try to run a high volume of quads through production in a minimum amount of time.. a factory that can run 3 years worth of quads through the production in a matter of months is a well built and tuned assembly line.
and most companies used to just have huge blow out sales to get rid of the left overs.. honda dropped prices on left overs some but not like they used to.. they are holding onto their "stock" just like you would do in the stock market..
when they run out they may not deem it worth the money to retool the assembly line so you may or may not see a new quad. personnaly I would bet on efi and that is it. and it won't be at a certain time of year(sept) like we usually see new honda products.. there will just be a normal periodic meeting of directors where they say ok inventory is depleted and give the green light to go ahead.

desratt
08-22-2010, 11:37 AM
honda didn't "pull out" of the 3 wheeler market. congress told them all they can sell inventory but are not to make anymore.
and they made the 250r in to the 90's

MtnEX
08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
For them to only add EFI would not shock me.

But I think if that is all they do, the result will be an epic fail...

That's not a change that is going to steal back lost riders, nor is it going to be a selling point for new 450 riders.

Plus, most of the current Honda guys don't want EFI... so it's not likely to motivate many to run to the dealership to buy the newest model.

I just don't see a TRX450EFI selling any better than what they already have to be honest.

I think it's gotta look different and actually be different.

MtnEX
08-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by desratt
honda didn't "pull out" of the 3 wheeler market. congress told them all they can sell inventory but are not to make anymore.
and they made the 250r in to the 90's

Right, but as far as I know they were never told they couldn't produce the TRX250R... But they stopped production after at the 1989 model year.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Feature_Articles/images/Honda_ATV_Ketchup.gif

curryd
08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
i wouldn't call it failure... it is actually good management..
they try to run a high volume of quads through production in a minimum amount of time.. a factory that can run 3 years worth of quads through the production in a matter of months is a well built and tuned assembly line.
and most companies used to just have huge blow out sales to get rid of the left overs.. honda dropped prices on left overs some but not like they used to.. they are holding onto their "stock" just like you would do in the stock market..
when they run out they may not deem it worth the money to retool the assembly line so you may or may not see a new quad. personnaly I would bet on efi and that is it. and it won't be at a certain time of year(sept) like we usually see new honda products.. there will just be a normal periodic meeting of directors where they say ok inventory is depleted and give the green light to go ahead.

Good management? Not really. The reason why they have a surplus because the economy dropped and everyone has one already. No need in buying the new model year, just rebuild what you got and make it your own. No matter what they come out with when they do it, it won't be to your personal liking. You will modify just like the 04 and up models. They are good platforms to work off of. I have a 04 and wouldn't upgrade for a newer model.

DEVINF450R
08-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by curryd
Good management? Not really. The reason why they have a surplus because the economy dropped and everyone has one already. No need in buying the new model year, just rebuild what you got and make it your own. No matter what they come out with when they do it, it won't be to your personal liking. You will modify just like the 04 and up models. They are good platforms to work off of. I have a 04 and wouldn't upgrade for a newer model.

I dont know how many ppl i heard say this about their YFZ and they are now the proud new owner of a YFZR. but I think Yamaha really dropped the ball with that. IMO Honda will do a little better IF they actually release it. I have NO DOUBTS that TPR is right about the new model... I just am not sure if they will ever release it.
and at every harescramble and mx race I have been to (esp nationals) Honda is the prevailing brand. Thats why they dont need a factory team. racers are gonna buy it and use it reguardless. as for the recreational riders, i dont see them running out and buying a new model honda unless they have the $$ to spare and have to have the newest thing out

desratt
08-23-2010, 07:38 PM
yea they are sitting on their stock and retaining the price. instead on dropping the price (making less money off it). and then needing to start up production again.(which costs money too).

I believe they are exercising good management.

also don't think the next quad is finalized... they can adapt and change at this point in time.. they wouldn't lock in until they are needing to start production. because at that time they have to make contracts with parts suppliers such as a carb company for either a carb or throttlebody and which size. or the shock company or d.i.d. ect.

RosquistRacer39
08-23-2010, 08:59 PM
yea they are sitting on their stock and retaining the price. instead on dropping the price (making less money off it). and then needing to start up production again.(which costs money too).

I believe they are exercising good management.

also don't think the next quad is finalized... they can adapt and change at this point in time.. they wouldn't lock in until they are needing to start production. because at that time they have to make contracts with parts suppliers such as a carb company for either a carb or throttlebody and which size. or the shock company or d.i.d. ect.

I don't know how great that strategy is because right now you can pick up used very clean 450r's for under 3500. You could pick up 2 used bikes for the price of a new one, and what incentive is there in paying full price for a new one that actually is a model year from 09? Is there something special, a sticker perhaps? And if I were looking for a 450r, I would not buy an 06 or up. I would be looking for an 04-05, a much better bike IMO and they can be had for even less. If Honda keeps them at full price the stock will sit there for quite some time, all the while being outsold by other manufactures. Very good business sense there, what is the saying "Step over dollars to pick up dimes":D

DEVINF450R
08-24-2010, 07:08 AM
IDK about the 04-05 being a better bike... I have an full national 05 and an 08 and my 08 has even less mods motor-wise and the motor and gearing are better IMO. I DO have 04-05 spindles and a-arms on the 08 b/c the newer ones do push in corners alot more

desratt
08-24-2010, 11:30 AM
the 04,05vs 06 and up fight will go on for ever..

yea my 06's mildly built smoke my 04 fully built ,especially on the track.

I could only get an 06 for 5500 last time I tried.. if they are falling fastly then maybe they are getting closer to a release..
they probably didn't build as many 09's too

DEVINF450R
08-25-2010, 09:46 AM
the 04,05vs 06 and up fight will go on for ever..

yea my 06's mildly built smoke my 04 fully built ,especially on the track.

I could only get an 06 for 5500 last time I tried.. if they are falling fastly then maybe they are getting closer to a release..
they probably didn't build as many 09's too

GOOD POINT

Kilroy
08-31-2010, 02:16 PM
When is the dealer show this year for the 2011 models?

MR4Engine202
08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
i like my 06 way better than my 04....gotta love that magic button lol

4reeds
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Feb 20. 2011

hrc450er
09-15-2010, 09:58 AM
any news yet seems like its going to be a no show

Ruf Racing
09-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by hrc450er
any news yet seems like its going to be a no show

They are in a shipping container, heading to America!!!!!!!! lol!:D

400excracer
09-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by MR4Engine202
i like my 06 way better than my 04....gotta love that magic button lol After having my 06 w/ e-start for 3 years I liked it so well that I sold it and bought a 400EX. That was the worst starting 4 wheeler I ever owned. To think, I waited till thye came out with e-start to buy a 450R. Very disappointed.

DEVINF450R
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
kick start all the way... batteries= problems

Dave400ex
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
kick start all the way... batteries= problems

I agree for racing, but the fact is they must have the Electric start to appeal to the average riders which will be the majority of the sales and not racers.

atv223
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Holy Crap! I have been out of the ATV scene for nearly 5 years (shortly after my daughter was born she's almost 6 now) She's starting to ride her 1998 LT50 and I am getting our other quads running after sitting for 4 years.

I just read the entire 53 pages of this thread because I started dreaming of a new "race" quad and would love to buy a Honda.

I went through a range of emotions reading this thread from start to finish after being so disconnected for so many years. Needless to say, I was disappointed where it ended.

Looks like I have a LOT to catch up on in the world of ATVs.

As an old timer who was in the thick of it during the end of the ATV glory days of the 1980s, this isn't 1989 all over. There were huge lawsuits, of which Honda took the biggest brunt. While the CPSC didn't force them to stop making the 250R, after bleeding so much money in law suites, I am sure the management and share holders didn't want to hear about a performance quad for a decade, probably took a change in management to get Honda ever back in the sport ATV game.

This time, it's purely economics, plain and simple. There was a crushing blow to the economy so what TPR is saying makes complete sense.

I believe that they likely have a new model ready to go. The only thing I would speculate is that if they decide that the market for 450 sport quads is dead, they'll never bring this to market. But again, all economics, if there is a market we'll get the new model in due time.

I remember reading an interview with Marty Heart, he said back in the mid 80s, he tested a 2 Stroke 500cc ATC with IRS, said it could run with dirt bikes on an MX track. Obviously that never saw light of day, but if that made it to a testing phase, I believe what TPR is saying about a new 450R ready to go.

Go spend spend spend and get the economy going and think long and hard who you vote for in future elections!

mc_racer
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by atv223
think long and hard who you vote for in future elections!

I did, but "None of the Above" wasn't an option.:D

Grizz660
09-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by mc_racer

Chuck norris 2012 lol

One_Bad_400
09-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Grizz660
Chuck norris 2012 lol

there is NO DOUBT in my mind if he ran he would win!

Ruf Racing
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by mc_racer

^^ Agreed ^^ To replace one liar for another. How's that change for a better America, working for everyone? :ermm:

4reeds
09-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Its working great.I went from having a great paying job to being unemployed.Now I just need some one to share the wealth with me.haha

400excracer
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Dont vote for any incumbent! If we do that eventually we wont have any career politicions that are in the good old boy network.

tach13
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
lets stick to the topic guys, you know how the economy sucks and we'll never see a new updated honda 450.;)

Ichoptop
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
We will, just not anytime this year. I'm thinking (hoping) next spring.

4reeds
09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by tach13
lets stick to the topic guys, you know how the economy sucks and we'll never see a new updated honda 450.;)
I'm betting when they finally do release a new 450r a new 400 will be right behind it. Im thinking next year also.

DnB_racing
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by tach13
lets stick to the topic guys, you know how the economy sucks and we'll never see a new updated honda 450.;) that's what im saying but nobody wants to believe it.

THE 450 IS GONE!!!!!!

what is the reason that Honda even would want to build a performance orientated ATV? there isn't any market for them. if you race then you have to modify it to the point that it isn't even Honda anymore. there is no money in race or high performance atvs and Honda is OUT of the game! your next high performance ATV will be from a aftermarket company... not a factory!

tach13
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I think there could And will be one from Honda but I think it's better for us that they just put out a great base model that everyone can mod to your specific needs.

Miguel1994
09-23-2010, 05:27 AM
The 450R isn't gone!!!!

don't talk about something you don't know.

i know that there was a project to build it an TPR said it was already built and ready to hit the market, but that i do not know.

But, there will be a new 450R a new and greater quad base model.

Not a race ready, a simple base model with an improved motor and stuff that is needed.

DnB_racing
09-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Miguel1994

don't talk about something you don't know.

this is what your doing!!!! just because one of your buddies told you that they have one ready to go....

doesn't mean its going to happen ..and Im willing to bet my quad against yours!!at the end of 2113 there will still be no performance orientated 450r from Honda

I STAND BY MY STATEMENT THE 450R IS GONE AND BURIED!!!!

DnB_racing
09-23-2010, 06:07 AM
The 450R isn't gone!!!!

Not a race ready, a simple base model with an improved motor and stuff that is needed. if not race ready then its not an R
so what if they come out with a glorified 250ex in a 450cc its not going to be anything to mod for racing!!!! let me rephrase what I said

THE R 450R is DEAD!!!!

sorry but the atv race scene isn't making Honda any money!!!and there not supporting it
all they care about is making money and they are doing that with there utility line!!!!

Miguel........
did you know that there is a "project" to colonize the moon!!!
Maybe I should start packing my bags.......

Baileygunns
09-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing

Miguel........
did you know that there is a "project" to colonize the moon!!!
Maybe I should start packing my bags.......

LOL... They scrapped that too!! The shuttle program has 2 more missions before retirement and there is no vehicle to continue the space program at this point! LOL...

Miguel1994
09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
We will see...

Dave400ex
09-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I doubt the 450r is dead.

Also the R in my opinion does not mean race ready. The 250r and 450r are a long ways away from race ready from the factory.

Sjorge450R
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
hahaha the 450r....dead? Thats funny. Look at all the people who leave honda and then come back. The grass isnt greener on the other side. Just wait. Once their is an updated model, all you haters will be all over it.

DnB_racing
09-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I doubt the 450r is dead.

Also the R in my opinion does not mean race ready. The 250r and 450r are a long ways away from race ready from the factory. so what is the R supposed to stand for???? its not recreation!! it stands for "Race" as weak as it is, thats what it stands for!!!

Honda is claiming that R is there race oriented atv... Im well aware that its far from race ready, and that's my point why should they make a "R"when we have to change 80% to race it?

and Im saying that Honda will not produce a "R" series for a long time, they haven't been selling
they might come out with a 450ex for trail riding but no more "R"

and anyone that would like to post a friendly wager just let me know!!!! im saying by the end of 2013 no "R"

Im not a hater I love Honda but Im being realistic
Im saying that they will come out with something called a (450exr)

Black Sheep
09-23-2010, 09:58 PM

Honda is claiming that R is there race oriented atv... Im well aware that its far from race ready, and that's my point why should they make a "R"when we have to change 80% to race it?

Because your defintion of "race" ready is different than Honda's

Honda builds you a "Race" oriented ATV of which the customer can then set up for thier particular type of racing. Remember these are All Terrain Vehicles with the emphasis on "All". Your idea of a perfect "race" machine may be much different than others.

It's really a brilliant approach from the inventors of the ATV. Make a base model that has a broad appeal and is reliable. That is why 20 years later you still see the 250R in demand and the quadracer's and tecate's are seldom heard from.

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
Because your defintion of "race" ready is different than Honda's

Honda builds you a "Race" oriented ATV of which the customer can then set up for thier particular type of racing. Remember these are All Terrain Vehicles with the emphasis on "All". Your idea of a perfect "race" machine may be much different than others.

It's really a brilliant approach from the inventors of the ATV. Make a base model that has a broad appeal and is reliable. That is why 20 years later you still see the 250R in demand and the quadracer's and tecate's are seldom heard from. I know very well that it is a platform for many different types of racing!!!! AND IT STILL IS HONDA'S LOWEST SELLING LINE!!

hrc450er
09-24-2010, 06:10 AM
i would say the kawi is the lowest selling now. ive seen dealerships still have the same kawis form 08 when they came out

Black Sheep
09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I know very well that it is a platform for many different types of racing!!!! AND IT STILL IS HONDA'S LOWEST SELLING LINE!!

That may be but, your argument was that it was not "race" ready.

if not race ready then its not an R

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
That may be but, your argument was that it was not "race" ready. sorry if you missed my point.....Im not arguing about anything!!and I really dont care if its race ready or not!!

im saying that Honda isn't going to put a production quad out that is called "R' meaning Race

Im saying no quad to modify to make race ready!!for at least 3 years,and possibly longer.... not one that's already in the works!! that one is scraped..

IM SAYING HONDA IS DONE WITH THE R SERIES!!!!!!!!!!

Miguel1994
09-24-2010, 12:26 PM
In your point of vew there was never a R model.
Just stop, you don't know sh#$%!

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
In your point of vew there was never a R model.
Just stop, you don't know sh#$%! again you miss my point!!yes there are 2 "R" series 1986-1989and 2004 -2009 they have R but its GONE!!!! for YEARS to come!!!! sorry if this hurts your feelings but NO MORE R

Miguel1994
09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Ok, and again I say: "WE WILL SEE!!"

Black Sheep
09-24-2010, 12:37 PM
sorry if you missed my point.....

I really don't know your point i guess :rolleyes:

I only quoted what you said...

Originally posted by DnB_racing .... Honda is claiming that R is there race oriented atv... Im well aware that its far from race ready, and that's my point why should they make a "R"when we have to change 80% to race it?
[/B]

It seems to me your "point" was Honda should not call any ATV an "R" unless it was "race" ready.

But who knows what your really trying to say :huh

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
How hard is to figure out im saying Honda is done making the R series! is that plain enough to understand!!!lol

Im saying thats there isnt a market for it to racers.... when we change things anyway.. so if we arnt buying them then no one is

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
and Im so sure the R series is done Ill make anyone a deal!!!

if they come out with a R before 2013 then I will post the most embarrassing pic of me.....and if they dont produce an R you post an embarrassing pic.....

any one brave enough!!!!

Black Sheep
09-24-2010, 12:53 PM
How hard is to figure out im saying Honda is done making the R series! is that plain enough to understand!!!lol

possibly but, that is not what you originally said. You original statement said Honda should not call it an "R" unless it is race ready out the door. That is what i was commenting on. All i did was inform of Honda's idea of what the "R" in the model designation stood for.

I could go through and quote you and show how your statements contridict one another but I could relly care less at this point.

Honda will come out with a new "R" when they are ready, untill then all the internet *****in will not change a thing. If you don't like it then do something about it.

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Im doing something..... Im excepting the fact that I have to use the platforms that's out there. and Im changing them to do what I need, I could care less if Honda comes out with another R series for another 20 years I made due with the 250s for years and Im fine with using the 450 for another 20.. Im just stunned by the amount of people that need a new R, make due with what we got cause it wont get better, only worse.. just like the 450 really isn't any better then the 250...
Im not expecting something better then the 450! history has shown me different!!
Black sheep I never said anything that they shouldnt call it race ready if it isnt ready out the door!!!
I said why should they SELL it when we change it anyways, there isnt a market for it!!

Black Sheep
09-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Black sheep I never said anything that they shouldnt call it race ready if it isnt ready out the door!!!

:huh :confused:

if not race ready then its not an R

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 01:47 PM
are you really that naive im not saying that the 450r or the 250r isnt an R
and as weak of a race ready quad it is, we wont even see something that ready for years!!

DnB_racing
09-24-2010, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DnB_racing
[B]if not race ready then its not an R so what if they come out with a glorified 250ex in a 450cc its not going to be anything to mod for racing!!!

THAT WAS THE WHOLE QUOTE!!!!!!!

MtnEX
09-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Like I said in earlier posts...

I think Honda is out also...

I think they abandoned the 450 market...

And I think the things that lead to this started several years ago.

Honda again failed to strive to be competitive and ended up producing too many of a unit that didn't move the numbers they were expecting.

And so they have became tasked with how to move this stock... and how to sell the powers that be on an idea of spending a lot of money developing and producing an updated version.

Kind of hard to sell an idea to spend money on an upgraded version when the current version is not selling...

So they gotta move what they have... and if they want to stay in the 450 market... make big cuts to the production volume... or try to upgrade it into a seller.

I'd say it is a whole lot easier to arrive at the decision to drop the model from the lineup.

Miguel1994
09-25-2010, 04:38 AM
DNB racing I accept your challenge, and then the new "R" will humiliate you with and embarassing photo.

Ruf Racing
09-25-2010, 12:07 PM
DNB the new "R" will humiliate you with and embarassing photo.

:huh :ermm:

Miguel1994
09-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Is the R comes out (it will) he will have to post an embarassing photo of him.

DnB_racing
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Is the R comes out (it will) he will have to post an embarrassing photo of him. all right!!!Miguel if its not out by 2013, then you have to post a pic for the forum to see

how about the looser has to dress up in girls underwear and post pic in the forum!!!

January 1 2013 you will be posting pic
is it a deal Miguel??

anyone else that thinks im wrong now is your chance!!!

speak up!!!

tach13
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
no offense guys but I don't want to see either if you guys in girls underware. Maybe post a pic of your girlfriends in there underware would be fair to the rest of us.

DnB_racing
09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
I wont be putting any pics up me!!!! cause Im going to win !

and im open to other ideas for the bet

Miguel1994
09-26-2010, 03:38 AM
all right!!!Miguel if its not out by 2013, then you have to post a pic for the forum to see

how about the looser has to dress up in girls underwear and post pic in the forum!!!

January 1 2013 you will be posting pic
is it a deal Miguel??

anyone else that thinks im wrong now is your chance!!!

speak up!!!

:D Lets do it. But if you seen a picture of a 2013 TRX450R i´n 2012 I win, don't I?

DnB_racing
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes if the trx 450r model IS produced before 1/1/13 you win!!
if the trx450r model in NOT produced before 1/1/13 I win!!!

OK!! this will be entertaining

Black Sheep
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes if the trx 450r model IS produced before 1/1/13 you win!!
if the trx450r model in NOT produced before 1/1/13 I win!!!

I wonder, do you consider the TRX 450ER an "R" model or does that only apply to the TRX 450R?

Baileygunns
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM

There is NOTHING entertaining about men in Womens underwear... Unless of course you're... a little... http://www.tampabayridindirty.com/forum/images/smilies/gay.gif

DnB_racing
09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
an "er" will be acceptable
and pretty funny Bailey!! I tried to think of something that would be more embarrassing,, but that was about the worst thing I could think of!!
I know I dont want to loose!!!
do you have any better Ideas?

DEVINF450R
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Hurry up and post DnB, 666 posts lol

I think it should be a female of importance that has to get posted up... either a wife or daughter. Whichever one falls into the age 18-35 category :macho

DnB_racing
09-27-2010, 02:56 PM
post # 667 wheew I didnt even notice thanks

you wouldn't want a pic of my ex, they hang like a prune in a tube sock!!

DEVINF450R
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
post # 667 wheew I didnt even notice thanks

you wouldn't want a pic of my ex, they hang like a prune in a tube sock!!

SHHHH BUT THATS WHEN YOU FIND A GOOD ONE ONLINE AND POST IT AS YOUR OWN :devil:

4reeds
09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Hurry up and post DnB, 666 posts lol

I think it should be a female of importance that has to get posted up... either a wife or daughter. Whichever one falls into the age 18-35 category :macho

I understand the wife pic but wanting someone to post their daughter,thats just wrong.lol

Baileygunns
09-28-2010, 05:29 AM
They're ALL someone's daughter...

Scro
09-28-2010, 06:28 AM
This thread is way out of line. Either it gets back on topic, or it will have to be cleaned up.

lasher45
09-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Any news on whats what with this quad TPR? There hasn't been any recent info from you. Can you clear things up on what will be included? Ex. widened, EFI...?

Ruf Racing
09-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by lasher45
Any news on whats what with this quad TPR? There hasn't been any recent info from you. Can you clear things up on what will be included? Ex. widened, EFI...?

Go back and read 30 pages, it has been talked to death!:ermm:

lasher45
09-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I know it's been talked about, I've read all 59 pages of this post. I just want to know if TPR has any further information on what's happening with this "legend"

ThePhantomRider
09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Well if it's not obvious, it is still on hold, still too many old units littering dealer lots and in crates at the distribution centers. You want the new 450? Then the old ones need to be sold. For that to happen, the economy will need to start to truly rebound.

Then you'll get your EFI, alloy frame, similar width, improved handling, vastly improved suspension with a much better linkage and killer looks.

But sadly, it's a wait and see game. Pay attention to the other MFG's, you'll not see much change in their models either.

TPR

mxdubbs
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
So do you think we will see it next year?

wild250rman
09-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by mxdubbs
So do you think we will see it next year?
TPR is an atv expert not a fortune teller. Our fine government cant even tell us when the economy will up swing. thanks for the update TPR tension is building!:)

kono993
09-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
Well if it's not obvious, it is still on hold, still too many old units littering dealer lots and in crates at the distribution centers. You want the new 450? Then the old ones need to be sold. For that to happen, the economy will need to start to truly rebound.

Then you'll get your EFI, alloy frame, similar width, improved handling, vastly improved suspension with a much better linkage and killer looks.

But sadly, it's a wait and see game. Pay attention to the other MFG's, you'll not see much change in their models either.

TPR
why cant the just show us a picture of it? that will make people chill out and pump them up to buy one.

Grizz660
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by kono993
why cant the just show us a picture of it? that will make people chill out and pump them up to buy one.
Or not want to buy the old stock and they are back at square 1.

coryatver
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
If they actually come out with a new one it would actually get people into the dealer ship and maybe they would sell something even the left overs you got to do something to get people in there instead of just sitting around trying to sell a 3 model year old quad when they can get the latest and greatest hyped up yamaha or other brand. A guy around here just bought an 08 last week so there is one less left at least haha

ThePhantomRider
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Grizz660
Or not want to buy the old stock and they are back at square 1.

Exactly!

TPR

mxdubbs
10-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
If they actually come out with a new one it would actually get people into the dealer ship and maybe they would sell something even the left overs you got to do something to get people in there instead of just sitting around trying to sell a 3 model year old quad when they can get the latest and greatest hyped up yamaha or other brand. A guy around here just bought an 08 last week so there is one less left at least haha

Yeah I remember when the yfzr came out. The last 3 YFZ's got sold within 2 weeks at my local dealer. same happened 150 miles north of here.

Rich250RRacer
10-12-2010, 09:39 PM
I've heard a few things from a fairly reliable source, but those same sources could be wrong too! Guess we'll find out something soon.

hrc450er
10-13-2010, 06:56 AM
what did you hear

motofreak2772
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Ok when this new quad comes out will it be followed by rider support? If they actually do make a MX based quad it would be really cool to see them get back into the sport. Put the quad under a couple pro's, let one win the championship and watch sales grow along with the sport itself.

hondaking52
10-15-2010, 11:04 PM
so tonight at the Toronto sled/ATV show i got talking to one of the reps there. he said it should be at some dealer show in December or something. might be a prototype, he wasn't sure. but he knows its gonna be 2011 before we can buy it and there is gonna be a limited amount of them

MtnEX
10-15-2010, 11:23 PM
If it ever comes it will certainly be limited production...

They way over-produced before...

So I think they will have a short leash if it happens.

But I don't think it is going to...
I think Honda is back on the outs...

troybilt
10-16-2010, 07:17 AM
This all sound a little more positive than it did a few pages ago. Great news... I hope.

Spill the beans Rich!! :D

hotrodhonda400
10-16-2010, 08:49 AM
I got a questionaire a few weeks back asking my opinion of the colors of the 450r if I had to choose between three which were my favorite. the choices where same as offered now red white and black, they must be trying to limit the choice for the 11 model to 1 or 2 choices... It also ask all the makes and models I currently own and what other brands I would consider other than Honda...

strubby
11-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't doubt for one minute that Honda has something in the works, or even has it finalized already but simply can't release it yet. Dropped off my KFX for some service and they still have an '07 TRX450ER on the showroom floor, trying to blow it out under $5k. They didn't have it last time I was there, so dealers are still getting OLD stock from somewhere. My only fear is that they will try to compete too much with the other MFGrs, and lose the simplicity and reliability that made me love my TRX. My KFX is very tempermental campared to my old TRX...

croat1
11-07-2010, 01:16 PM
there is a dealer in northwest ohio parting out brand new bikes off of the floor.

sno-x139
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I know they have something in the works. At the MN national, I was chatting with some of my friends who are long time honda loyalies. Two people came up, they introduced themselves and said they were from the honda development department or something like that. Any way they began asking them numerous questions about things they liked most about their hondas and what they thought a new model should have.
Its clear they have something, but its not clear when it will be released. Just thought Id share that.

wild250rman
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by croat1
there is a dealer in northwest ohio parting out brand new bikes off of the floor. any details?

11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by strubby
I don't doubt for one minute that Honda has something in the works, or even has it finalized already but simply can't release it yet. Dropped off my KFX for some service and they still have an '07 TRX450ER on the showroom floor, trying to blow it out under $5k. They didn't have it last time I was there, so dealers are still getting OLD stock from somewhere. My only fear is that they will try to compete too much with the other MFGrs, and lose the simplicity and reliability that made me love my TRX. My KFX is very tempermental campared to my old TRX...

theres 08s everywhere a dealership in nj is blowing them out 4300.00 out the door with out of state licsense

TWILES
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Got mine Wednesday for $4000

Dave400ex
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
Got mine Wednesday for $4000

Where at?

airmobile101
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Where at?
http://www.abernathycycles.com/

croat1
11-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by wild250rman
any details?

honda east toledo (in maumee,ohio). they are advertising on ebay. search: trx450r oem. a guy i know (local to the dealership) also called them up to verify that they parting bikes. told me if they sell the bigger items (motor) the rest of the bike obviously goes

x450xr
11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
question: do you know if it comes built, like out the box race ready? like KTMs? or is it stock like all the other years?

x450xr
11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
question: do you know if it comes built, like out the box race ready? like KTMs? or is it stock like all the other years?

desratt
11-14-2010, 01:53 PM
my dealer just got 12 08 ers in asking 4800 each..
makes me wonder if they are now trying to blow them out because something new is coming.. or if that is just the new price.. he said his 09's are still 7600$.

Dave400ex
11-14-2010, 02:20 PM
makes me wonder if they are now trying to blow them out because something new is coming.. or if that is just the new price.. he said his 09's are still 7600$.

Abernathy's is selling them for $3,994 OTD.

desratt
11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
saw that.. anyone have any new kickers for sale???

Dave400ex
11-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I have seen a few kickers around, but they are still asking alot for any 09's. I did see a 08 kicker on Ebay a few weeks ago that went for like $4,400 which is pretty darn good.

Grizz660
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Writing my management paper on the TRX 450r situation.

yfzfelix
11-14-2010, 11:02 PM
saw that.. anyone have any new kickers for sale??? I bought a new 08 kicker at Couer D Alene Honda in Feburary, paid 5200, they had 1 in the crate and 1 on the show room floor after I bought mine and they were both kickers

desratt
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
do you have a web site for them ???

fastredrider44
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I believe Abernathy's also has a few kickers. But they're bringing a lot more than the er models. They have something like 55 ERs to sell.:eek: Started with 125 or something like that.

OutlawBill
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
spy photo of new Honda TRX450 full IRS

yfzfelix
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
do you have a web site for them ??? don't know if they have a web site but call them at 800-819-5947 or 208-765-5005, the guy I dealt with was Brandon, everyone I talked to there is super nice, Steve

yfzfelix
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
makes me wonder if they are now trying to blow them out because something new is coming.. or if that is just the new price.. he said his 09's are still 7600$. thats why I did not buy an 09, the 08 I got is the exact same machine with the same warranty as the 09 but cost me $2400 less, don't need to be a math major to figure that one out, Steve

wild250rman
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
spy photo of new Honda TRX450 full IRS looks all paw drive to. do they come in brindal color also.lol.

desratt
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
that one won't pass the new california carb standards.

mad715
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
No new 2011 TRX 450r, maybe 2012 model earliest release March of 2011, latest October 2011. If not then probably never! Still to many on show room floors.

tayyo789
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
SRA 700 needs to come out too, with a revised xr650 head on it. It would be a huge hit with the dune crowd and would give Raptors a run for their money for sure. If Honda could do both that, and the new 450, they would absolutely control the sport market IMO

desratt
11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
yep

06 Honda 450R
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
agreed

Extremerider
11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Here's a dealer in central PA 08's $3999
http://www.steveseltzerhonda.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05692713X11K23K2010J12I 34I03JPMQ2950R0&veh=53830&pov=1907712

wild250rman
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
read the fine print at the bottom you have to add set up fee destination charges and whatever else they add. usually another 6 or 7 hundred dollars.

desratt
11-23-2010, 09:52 PM
the other one says out the door. no set up or doc fee's

hrc450er
11-24-2010, 09:40 AM
i just bought an 08 kicker for 4200 out the door

yfzfelix
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
i just bought an 08 kicker for 4200 out the door thats a smoking deal, I paid a $1000 more than that for my 08 in Feburary and thought I got a deal

wild250rman
11-24-2010, 11:16 AM
i just bought an 08 kicker for 4200 out the door
where is the dealer at you bought it from?

quad2xtreme
11-25-2010, 08:49 AM
where is the dealer at you bought it from?

X2, what dealer?

triplejay30349
11-30-2010, 11:17 AM
southern honda and ritchie powersports in TN have 08 electric starts for $3975 otd!!!

hrc450er
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
i got this deal cause im pretty tight with everyone there (louisville,ky) they only made a 100 off of it. honda has no 08 kickers in the warehouse only 09's now . had to get this quad off of another dealer. honda hasnt put bonus bucks on 09's tho. but you can add a kicker to the er's for like 300 so really thats prob the way to go and have both ways to start it

atvracin74
12-01-2010, 08:51 PM
screw all you i got a 06 kicker for 2700 hardly ever rode... all the dude did was put a bunch of parts on it then look at i got a straight steal

ThumPIN_450R
12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by atvracin74
screw all you i got a 06 kicker for 2700 hardly ever rode... all the dude did was put a bunch of parts on it then look at i got a straight steal

That's the baldest I've ever seen tires get from just being looked at.

MtnEX
12-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep, that's quite a bit of riding, even on pavement.

DnB_racing
12-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by atvracin74
screw all you i got a 06 kicker for 2700 hardly ever rode... all the dude did was put a bunch of parts on it then look at i got a straight steal if its hardly ridden then why does it need a new clutch???

atvracin74
12-02-2010, 03:33 PM
it doesn't.... i just had it to loose i tightened it up on the handle bars and now it just fine... i was worried about it so i had it all checked out by my local honda the only thing wrong with it was it had been jetted to lean

atvracin74
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
That's the baldest I've ever seen tires get from just being looked at. in the picture which is was taken right before night meaning bad quality... the tires are dirty and yes they are starting to get bald but ive had the bike for close to half a year and every bit of balding was due to me taking it up and down a highway beside are land where i normaly ride

wild250rman
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
10 Honda TRX450R specificationsHonda TRX450R 2010

2010 Honda TRX450R photo
Picture credits - Honda. Click to submit more pictures.
Show big 2010 Honda TRX450R image

2010 Honda TRX450R
Discuss this bike
Rate this motorbike
This bike's rating
Write a review

Sell this motorcycle
Such bikes for sale

Tip a friend
List related bikes

Honda's profilation of this bike
The Honda TRX450R stands tall as one of the hottest, most dominant sport ATVs ever built. Just check out its nearly endless tally of race wins and championships, including three (and counting) Baja 1000 titles. The TRX450R´s secret: just a perfect balance of power, handling and reliability.

General information
Model: Honda TRX450R
Year: 2010
Category: ATV
Rating: Do you know this bike?
Click here to rate it. We miss 2 votes to show the rating.
Price as new (MSRP): US$ 7499. Prices depend on country, taxes, accessories, etc.
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 450.00 ccm (27.46 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
Compression: 12.0:1
Bore x stroke: 96.0 x 62.0 mm (3.8 x 2.4 inches)
Fuel system: Carburettor. Keihin 40mm flat slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Fuel control: SOHC
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 5-speed
Clutch: Manual
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 8.4-inch travel
Front suspension: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
Front suspension travel: 213 mm (8.4 inches)
Rear suspension: Pro-Link with single Showa shock featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping
Rear suspension travel: 236 mm (9.3 inches)
Front tyre dimensions: 22/7-10
Rear tyre dimensions: 20/10-9
Front brakes: Double disc
Front brakes diameter: 174 mm (6.9 inches)
Rear brakes: Single disc
Rear brakes diameter: 190 mm (7.5 inches)
Physical measures and capacities
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 172.8 kg (381.0 pounds)
Seat height: 833 mm (32.8 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,100 mm (43.3 inches)
Overall length: 1,862 mm (73.3 inches)
Overall width: 1,176 mm (46.3 inches)
Ground clearance: 112 mm (4.4 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,275 mm (50.2 inches)
Fuel capacity: 10.21 litres (2.70 gallons)
Other specifications
Starter: Kick
Color options: Red, White, White with Orange Flame
Comments: Model ID: TRX450R
Further information
Parts and accessories Our partner CMSNL ships low cost OEM motorcycle parts to Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, The United States and more. Or check out parts and accessories from our other partners.
Ask questions Join the 10 Honda TRX450R discussion group.
Insurance, loans, tests Check out insurance here. Search the web for dealers, loan costs, tests, customizing, etc.
Related bikes List related bikes for comparison of specs
2010 trx 450r?

DEVINF450R
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
SOUNDS LIKE THE 09

desratt
12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
yea there is no 2010

benroels
12-13-2010, 07:31 PM
2 years and 2 months for this damn thread. Stupid Honda. They never change. Hope this quad is orgasmic.

MtnEX
12-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Guys, the 2011 Buyers Guides are already out...

Stuffed full of only 2009 model Honda sport quads.

THERE WILL BE NO 2011's

I REPEAT... THERE WILL BE NO 2011's

Go start a 2012 thread now.

QuadforceDavid
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I have read a whole lot of this LOOOONG thread....

I got my first Honda ATV in 93. It was an 86 model 250r. I had that quad until 2003 when it was stolen and I was very fortunate that my insurance company paid me for it. I waited for four months, till October of 2003 to get a new 450r. Not one Honda dealer here in my area had any info or for that matter any interest in that quad.....I settled for a YFZ. I love my YFZ but will have another Honda and it seems I will have to wait some more. If the new quad is even half of how it's described in this thread, we will all be winners for sure. I don't mind waiting and will be ready with cash in hand when they do release it as will a whole lot of you. I only hope the economy gets moving soon enough to keep all the manufacturers from giving up on us.....love the info in the thread and Happy New Year to all of you!

quad9
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
the250ex is the only sport quad that is on honda's web site for 2010/2011

quad9
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
the250ex is the only sport quad that is on honda's web site for 2010/2011

RATPACK Z400
01-03-2011, 07:22 AM
I wouldn,t wait for honda ! there going to be the same motor anyway,the frame might be different but that will only keep it par with the rest. a new frame or longer a-arms/wider axle isn,t going to make this quad better racing it will be like buying a 450r with a-arms /axle hondas not going to redesign the whole thing its going to go cheap as possible,a-arm/axle big deal !maybe new plastic!

tayyo789
01-04-2011, 12:11 AM
The CRF motor has been improved greatly since the TRX came out. If Honda makes a new TRX, there is absolutely no reason they would not put that new technology into it.

DEVINF450R
01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by MtnEX
Guys, the 2011 Buyers Guides are already out...

Stuffed full of only 2009 model Honda sport quads.

THERE WILL BE NO 2011's

I REPEAT... THERE WILL BE NO 2011's

Go start a 2012 thread now.

Poor DUSTER. Im thinkin you need to mod out your Kawi Frame to accept an 06+ 450R motor :devil:

desratt
01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
or maybe a 2015 thread.

trxredrider
01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by tayyo789
The CRF motor has been improved greatly since the TRX came out. If Honda makes a new TRX, there is absolutely no reason they would not put that new technology into it.

X2... With the newer generation motor having a couple of seasons on it now Honda would be foolish not to use it in the next TRX (if there is one). If this thing does come out I honestly think that it will be an aluminum frame, the newer generation CRF engine, and EFI but I would be surprised if we see anything new in the next two years.

MtnEX
01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Poor DUSTER. Im thinkin you need to mod out your Kawi Frame to accept an 06+ 450R motor :devil:

I have wondered what might bolt up in there :devil:

quad9
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
my dealer told me today there will not be a 2011 450r. just like there was no 2010

quad9
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
my dealer told me today there will not be a 2011 450r. just like there was no 2010

quad9
01-06-2011, 09:31 PM

MtnEX
01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
What I am wondering now is if the overstock is finally getting depleted?

I see the numbers going down now, particularly on the kicker version.

I wonder if a crapload more are warehoused or if it is starting to clean up.

If so, 2012 or 2013 might be a possibility.

Hondamaster5505
01-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I love how Honda was one of the first companies to incorporate an aluminum frame onto their dirt bikes, yet one of the last to add this on to their ATV's.

All of you have been hoping for a new 450R since 2009. And now, 2011, still nothing.

It's sad to see Honda, who used to be one of the leaders in the industry, could now apparently care less about ATV's..

Ruf Racing
01-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Honda could now apparently care less about ATV's..

Not true. It's called a pracitical business model. When a company has a surplus of parts, no need to flood the market with more of the same parts. Honda is not stupid or giving up on the sport quad.

Extremerider
01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Not true. It's called a pracitical business model. When a company has a surplus of parts, no need to flood the market with more of the same parts. Honda is not stupid or giving up on the sport quad.
AGREED!

MtnEX
01-07-2011, 11:23 AM
He's not really saying because they won't release a new one.... he's saying because they have not been putting enough effort into the atv's to stay on top.

They have been comfortably running behind in the sport atv market since like 2003.

DnB_racing
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM

They have been comfortably running behind in the sport atv market since like 2003. more like 1989!!

-TheDude-
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
the only thing thats gonna push them to make a new quad is when people stop buying the ones that are out there. theres no reason to redesign a new one and spend all that money if people are still making honda the most popular quad out there. its like they say "if it aint broke dont dix it"

Hondamaster5505
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by -TheDude-
the only thing thats gonna push them to make a new quad is when people stop buying the ones that are out there. theres no reason to redesign a new one and spend all that money if people are still making honda the most popular quad out there. its like they say "if it aint broke dont dix it"

That's the thing though.. the 450R was a popular seller when it first came out. Now there is such a wide variety of highly-capable 450 ATV's out there, I wonder why the 450R's aren't selling? Maybe because consumers are more going after other brands, the brands that are actually UPDATING their product and making what the people want.

If they're holding out to sell off what's left, they're probably going to take a while. I know if I was in the market for a new 450, I wouldn't be looking at the Honda, with all the other great bikes out now.

If Honda came out with an updated 450R, I can guarantee even if sales aren't tremendous, there would be a lot more then there is now.

QuadforceDavid
01-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I know if I was in the market for a new 450, I wouldn't be looking at the Honda, with all the other great bikes out now.

If Honda came out with an updated 450R, I can guarantee even if sales aren't tremendous, there would be a lot more then there is now.

I agree 100%.

I know I would buy one...I would put a deposit on one today if I knew I could get it in three months.

-TheDude-
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
That's the thing though.. the 450R was a popular seller when it first came out. Now there is such a wide variety of highly-capable 450 ATV's out there, I wonder why the 450R's aren't selling? Maybe because consumers are more going after other brands, the brands that are actually UPDATING their product and making what the people want.

If they're holding out to sell off what's left, they're probably going to take a while. I know if I was in the market for a new 450, I wouldn't be looking at the Honda, with all the other great bikes out now.

Honda is still a force even with top pros. Take a look at the GNCC next year there are still XC1 and XC2 riders passing up deals with Yamha and Can Am to ride Hondas because the know its still the best bike. Honda has made what people want. A quad that you can beat up and always know its gonna fire up. Look at yamaha everyone thought the new fuel injection was gonna be great and it ended up being junk. most people that race those either make them carburated or have to spend 2k to make it right. Making new and i high tech parts arent always the right thing to do. Honda knows what they are doing and know what they have. Thats why all of us still ride them. Because they are a damn good quad

motochamp250
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I still don't understand the notion that the 450r is "old, outdated and can't compete"? they still seem to compete in the classes of every national I go to? Not to mention RELIABILITY and SIMPLICITY.

I , PERSONALLY, don't care for aluminum frames. 1st, what's the real point? by the time you beef the aluminum up enough to take the abuse, they are close to the same weight. Not to mention i can weld steel a lot easier. Aluminum frames are hype to me.

A carb to me is a lot easier to work on than EFI. Sure it may be better throttle response, but I'd rather have something i can work on and don't need a computer for, and efi isn't going to make someone a better rider...

Bottom line, the Honda's are simple and that's what I, and I'm sure many other racers/ rec riders, like.

JUST MY OPINION

HUNTER

edit: I'm not saying that the 450r is the best and they should never update it, but to say that it can't compete with what is out now i can't say i agree 100% with.
different strokes for different folks, just stating my opinion...

-TheDude-
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
I still don't understand the notion that the 450r is "old, outdated and can't compete"? they still seem to compete in the classes of every national I go to? Not to mention RELIABILITY and SIMPLICITY.

I , PERSONALLY, don't care for aluminum frames. 1st, what's the real point? by the time you beef the aluminum up enough to take the abuse, they are close to the same weight. Not to mention i can weld steel a lot easier. Aluminum frames are hype to me.

A carb to me is a lot easier to work on than EFI. Sure it may be better throttle response, but I'd rather have something i can work on and don't need a computer for.

Bottom line, the Honda's are simple and that's what I, and I'm sure many other racers/ rec riders, like.

JUST MY OPINION

HUNTER

edit: I'm to saying that the 450r is the best and they should never update it, but to say that it can't compete with what is out now i can't say i agree 100% with.
i agree 100%

motochamp250
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
yea, for amateur racers and rec riders, reliability and simplicity will always sell IMHO. Joe Byrd doesn't seem like he needs aluminum frames or EFI to compete with the pro class? and 450R's are all over the amateur classes... as stated earlier JMO in the end its all about the rider. These 450 machines all have the power. If you are an excellent rider, it shouldn't matter what brand is underneath you. But all brands definitely have positives and negatives.

hunter

-TheDude-
01-07-2011, 01:03 PM
yea, for amateur racers and rec riders, reliability and simplicity will always sell IMHO. Joe Byrd doesn't seem like he needs aluminum frames or EFI to compete with the pro class? and 450R's are all over the amateur classes... as stated earlier JMO in the end its all about the rider. These 450 machines all have the power. If you are an excellent rider, it shouldn't matter what brand is underneath you. But all brands definitely have positives and negatives.

hunter
Brian Wolf has 3 09 hondas hes racing in the xc1 class this year. im sure people tried to get him to ride for them, also mcclure, and Ockerman will be on hondas in the pro class

desratt
01-07-2011, 01:40 PM
extremely hard to get a factory deal right now.. with that people are going back to honda cause they know they can do good on them..

IN
july 05 I put a deposit on a 06 kicker which I finnaly got in april 06

DEVINF450R
01-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by -TheDude-
Brian Wolf has 3 09 hondas hes racing in the xc1 class this year. im sure people tried to get him to ride for them, also mcclure, and Ockerman will be on hondas in the pro class

That's good for ockerman! I really like him. He raced mx against me at Lincoln Trail MX. Truly a humble guy. And can really ride a quad. He impressed me all around.

DEVINF450R
01-09-2011, 02:28 AM
"LIKE"!!!!!!!

A carb to me is a lot easier to work on than EFI. Sure it may be better throttle response, but I'd rather have something i can work on and don't need a computer for, and efi isn't going to make someone a better rider...

JUST MY OPINION

HUNTER

edit: I'm not saying that the 450r is the best and they should never update it, but to say that it can't compete with what is out now i can't say i agree 100% with.

DEVINF450R
01-09-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry but I think some of the finest things said throughout this entire thread have been made in the last few pages.

tayyo789
01-09-2011, 03:14 AM
For all the people saying that Honda's can't compete, look at the WORCS series the last two years. Beau Baron has been dominant with a bike that is "outdated" and isn't very far from stock in comparison to his competitors.

For all the people saying that Honda doesn't update their technology enough, look at what happened with the Banshee. 20 years without improvement, and people still bought the crap out of them. People will buy what works. With all the new technologies and companies updating everything all the time, by the time each advancement is "proven" enough for people to feel comfortable buying it, its already considered "outdated".

The carb works, the steel frame works, the handling is decent, the power is easy to get. I'm sure they have something better ready to be released, but with the economy the way it is now, the kind of bike that people are going to look for, is the reliable one, that will last forever. HONDA.
When the market picks back up, they release the new one. Maybe it will be in a few years. Maybe they will have to redesign the new one completely again to keep up for when it actually does come out.

MtnEX
01-09-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm sorry but I think some of the finest things said throughout this entire thread have been made in the last few pages.

I would agree too...

But I would also agree that pieces of it remind me of the old "sour grapes" story too...

Here is my addition to the finest :D

Dustin Canipe will also be racing XC2 on 2009 Honda's.

GNCC had to change rules so people could continue to compete on all of the different brand names... else they would not have been able to ride Honda or Suzuki.

The FACT of the matter is, even a guy like me will give a privateer the advice to run a late model Honda or Yamaha.

Why? Because they are CHEAP, CHEAPER TO MAKE RACE READY, MORE SIMPLE, AND STILL COMPETITIVE.

And people are running those JUST for those reasons. Can-Am, Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris, KTM and Kawasaki are ABSOLUTELY NOT OFFERING MORE PEOPLE RIDES.

RIDERS ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT TURNING DOWN FACTORY RIDES just because Honda is better. Please!!!

People are riding late model Honda's and Yamaha's because like me... they think it is STUPID to go out and run on a new fuel injected bike as a privateer not getting paid to do so.

Bottom line is that IT COSTS TO MUCH and there is NO WORTHWHILE INCENTIVE.

You can bet your last dollar if I were trying to points race at that level I would be on a late model Honda or Yamaha. Even if I were RICH I would probably still do it in protest of not having a factory ride and nowhere on it would it say Honda or Yamaha.

When Honda does put out a new bike... yeah, sour grape the Aluminum frame... But the Honda needs frame help... it's a "Glass Joe". The frame doesn't have to be aluminum, but it does at least need to come GUSSETED. Aluminum is nice though because you don't have to worry about rust inside the tubes or anything like that.

And Honda needs to address the engine life a little... it can last longer... fix the crank bearing issues and things like that...

They also need to fix the estart issues because some want estart.

And it would not kill them to add reverse.

EFI is the one thing I think it needs least... but that is probably the one thing it will actually get.

Dave400ex
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
MtnEX - I agree with most of what you said, except the reverse idea. If they are making a race quad it doesn't need it. They do need to fix the e-start and it would be nice if they offered a kicker version of a new bike, if/when it happens. Would be nice to see a chromoly chassis like KTM. Beef up the transmission some, and I think stronger rear brakes would be awesome.

MtnEX
01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
An MX bike or something may not need reverse.

But for anything else, having it is well worth the ounces.

I can attest to the fact it was on my "Cons" list when I was trying to decide which 450 to buy... and I spent $1,000 more for reverse and an aluminum frame without batting an eye.

The key to keeping an offering out there for us from all the manufacturers is for them to build one with the features most folks are looking for. Else they can't sell enough fast enough competing with other brands that are offering what the majority want.

For me, taking it home and stripping it to the bare frame to have it sent out for gussets and powder coat was not very attractive for a way on how to start out... and not having reverse for XC wasn't too attractive either.

Just saying.

Dave400ex
01-09-2011, 11:13 AM
I see your point, but I was racing GNCC and still wouldn't want reverse so it is all preference. But then again I am working on another Honda now that is getting gusseted/powdercoated.

However as you said, and I know this very well, the quads are not going to be built for the racers. Racing makes up such a small percentage of sales it is not worth it. So they will produce what the masses will buy which is not what most people on here might want.

MtnEX
01-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Right, and trail riders don't wanna do...

Frame-offs...
Top ends...
Crank bearings...
Starter gears...

And when offered the choice they don't wanna have to get off and lift or push in lieu of a reverse gear.

This is why they are not selling... not even for $3,999... which is a lower asking price than their 400EX is still bringing.

This is exactly why the R models at dealers seem to be getting gone now, yet the ER's are everywhere.

The trail riders they were targeting with estart are walking right past them for $3,999 and paying more for a 400EX, Z400 or other 450 with reverse.

And as far as the reverse on an XC course.... I would have paid money for a picture of their faces the first time I took my KFX out for a practice, backed out of a bottleneck to a point I could get off in between the trees and cut out around them.

It comes in handy, and to me it is worth it's weight... even if the gear were made of lead.

hotrodhonda400
01-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Right, I walked right past the 450er to my 700XX because of reverse , EFI and IRS. I trail ride but still wanted somthing fast and could go backwards when i needed it to.

700xxmaniac
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
^ also all the 450's felt to small for me im 6' and i just turn 16 so im gona end up bein about 6'3'' and the xx isnt as big as most ppl think it the sise of a rappy but 1'' higher...

Miguel1994
01-09-2011, 03:00 PM
there will be a nice 2012 TRX450 but early realised in 2011 I think.

The economy isn't that bad and I think The actual 450R market is getting rid of them.

hrc450er
01-10-2011, 08:30 AM
if honda would put a better frame under it i would be happy. i'd like to see chromoly instead of aluminum. most times aluminum will just break where steel alot of times have a crack first. it gives me time to see it and fix it rather than having it break completely. also id like to fix the rear shock set up

01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MtnEX
[B]Right, and trail riders don't wanna do...

Frame-offs...
Top ends...
Crank bearings...
Starter gears...

And when offered the choice they don't wanna have to get off and lift or push in lieu of a reverse gear.

This is why they are not selling... not even for $3,999... which is a lower asking price than their 400EX is still bringing.

This is exactly why the R models at dealers seem to be getting gone now, yet the ER's are everywhere.

The trail riders they were targeting with estart are walking right past them for $3,999 and paying more for a 400EX, Z400 or other 450 with reverse.

And as far as the reverse on an XC course.... I would have paid money for a picture of their faces the first time I took my KFX out for a practice, backed out of a bottleneck to a point I could get off in between the trees and cut out around them.

i dont know where you live but the hondas are certaintly selling, and they made more er's as they did r's in 08 just thought id let you know :D

JayJohnson
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I didnt read the full 69 pages but I did call my local dealer who just happen to have their honda rep in the store when I called. The Rep said there is no 2011 450 for honda. Even if they planned a late release in 2011 it would be posted with a TBD under specs/price and what nots. Here is hoping for 2012.

Makes me sad because I am going to be buying 2 quads by the end of April I was hoping Honda would have dropped something by then.

arTuReX
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, i guess we can now start another 70 pages about the 2012! i'm ready!

Scro
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
It's the third highest number of views, and second highest number of posts in this section about something that didn't even happen. Yeah, I'd say it's time to let this one die.:p

Allison55ex'er
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I hate to say it guys but... the worlds gonna end before this thing gets released :eek:

wild250rman
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
go and buy up the left overs it may be your last chance to own a new Honda 450r.

aDviSol2y
01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Maybe they know that the world is coming to an end in 2012 and said F-it!

MtnEX
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Maybe they know that the world is coming to an end in 2012 and said F-it!

Belly laughing and trying to breathe :D

chrisrzz1012
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I too would like to see a new 450R. Maybe it will happen sooner then we think. Honda has Joe Byrd back and continency program back as well. Where is those 450's for $3999 at ? I want one of them!!! Has anyone thought of adding FI from either a 700xx or CRF 450r on one?
Also a thought and maybe question. Do you think Honda would let Joe Byrd race an 06 450R ( the good ones) this year?

ott05
01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by chrisrzz1012
I too would like to see a new 450R. Maybe it will happen sooner then we think. Honda has Joe Byrd back and continency program back as well. Where is those 450's for $3999 at ? I want one of them!!! Has anyone thought of adding FI from either a 700xx or CRF 450r on one?
Also a thought and maybe question. Do you think Honda would let Joe Byrd race an 06 450R ( the good ones) this year?

It was Joe's choice to race the 04-05's. Honda wanted him to race the newer generation quads and he basically told them to get bent. Dasa was able to get more power out of the 04-05's and there tranny's are much stronger plus they handle better. But I think Joe's stash of 04-05's is depleated so I don't think he has much choice. I think we will see alot of red on the starting line this year. If you are paying for the quad's Honda is still the most affordable option.

MtnEX
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ott05
[B I think we will see alot of red on the starting line this year. If you are paying for the quad's Honda is still the most affordable option. [/B]

Very true!

RATPACK Z400
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I think the KTM/LTR/YFZ is the least expensive to start on ! honda most expensive do to it needs a-arms/shocks. that the others already have!Thats the reason why honda needs race ready quad will be losing sales to others do to the cost of building it !Your gonna see more yellow/orange/blue ,Then red .IMO

MtnEX
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
I think the KTM/LTR/YFZ is the least expensive to start on ! honda most expensive do to it needs a-arms/shocks. that the others already have!Thats the reason why honda needs race ready quad will be losing sales to others do to the cost of building it !Your gonna see more yellow/orange/blue ,Then red .IMO

None of the manufacturers make a quad that is "race ready" to my level... and that ain't saying a lot.

So anyone at the level of over-riding stock shocks can come out cheaper with a Honda....

Lower asking price and cheaper to build to really race ready.

They are going for 4K new and can be built nicely for a cheaper overall build price at this level.

For the asking price of a KTM for example... it won't touch a Honda with the same dollar figure invested in it.

That's what we look at.

BenHonda400ex
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I would love to have any kind of 450, I think once you get your 450 up to racing specs you don't have that much difference and it's all about who wants to win.

ott05
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM

I disagree. For KTM you are either going to replace the a-arms or have them modified to get the shock mount location right and either have the shocks resprung and revalved or get aftermarket. The YFZ R/X you are going to have to buy new a-arms with a bracket to fix Yamaha's frame geometry screw up and are going to either respring and revalve the stock shocks or go aftermarket. The Suzuki you are going to have to replace the shocks and if you are a woods rider it will cost a small fortune to turn into a woods bike. Also none of these quads is as easy or cheap to maintain as a Honda.

Scro
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I disagree. For KTM you are either going to replace the a-arms or have them modified to get the shock mount location right and either have the shocks resprung and revalved or get aftermarket. The YFZ R/X you are going to have to buy new a-arms with a bracket to fix Yamaha's frame geometry screw up and are going to either respring and revalve the stock shocks or go aftermarket. The Suzuki you are going to have to replace the shocks and if you are a woods rider it will cost a small fortune to turn into a woods bike. Also none of these quads is as easy or cheap to maintain as a Honda.

Especially when you start talking about the availability of used Honda aftermarket parts. There's stuff everywhere for cheap. You can build a nice bike for less than $10,000.

RATPACK Z400
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Im talking Mx ! not GNNC ,It is cheaper IF starting off in MX on those quads than Honda ! maybe not the Ktm but the yami,suzuki are! they also like the honda are being sold new very cheap. and you could race with just shocks /minor motor work till you get good ! sure pro,s get everything changed and yes its about the same price .but for starting off in MX racing YFZ/LTR are the cheapest way to go .I know alot want to ride honda then pay more and ride one ,but bottom line the YFZ/LTR is the cheapest way to get started !

MtnEX
01-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't think you can run to the potential of any of these quads engines on stock suspension.

DEVINF450R
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Talked to Honda rep yesterday at a local dealer. he says Honda has a whole new bag of tricks for 2012! so we will buy one in oh sayyy 2013. so if the world hasnt ended as predicted, I will be getting a new 450r, converting it to a carb lol

DEVINF450R
01-24-2011, 09:04 AM

HAHA I like how you say small fortune to turn into a woods bike.... its still not gonna cost what it costs to build any MX bike. The race ready 450's help the not so fortunate racers bc they can gradually upgrade instead of having to buy it all at once.

chrisrzz1012
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
A new 450R will be coming out in 2012 or 13. But its gonna be the best one out there. Thats why Honda hired Joe Byrd back and Creamer on a Honda this year. So if you go to any Pro race checkout their machines you could be looking at the 450R sans old bodywork.

RATPACK Z400
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
The only change you might see is FI other than that the a-arms/axle/sub frame arent going to make this quad better than it is ! There,s just too much hype for little change IMO ! But we will see when ever it shows up if it ever does.

Rich250RRacer
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Im talking Mx ! not GNNC ,It is cheaper IF starting off in MX on those quads than Honda ! maybe not the Ktm but the yami,suzuki are! they also like the honda are being sold new very cheap. and you could race with just shocks /minor motor work till you get good ! sure pro,s get everything changed and yes its about the same price .but for starting off in MX racing YFZ/LTR are the cheapest way to go .I know alot want to ride honda then pay more and ride one ,but bottom line the YFZ/LTR is the cheapest way to get started !

Motocross riders think the world revolves around them. I've said it a million times before, only about two percent of the quads sold in this country are used for racing purposes. This is a FACT. So that means roughly one percent is used for MX, and one for XC, and that's not taking into account flat track and drag racing. Why would a company build a quad dedicated to one percent of the potential usage? With XC, a decent rider can ride a standard width (45"-46"), stock quad and do fairly well, at least on the local level. 48 and 49 inch wide quads are not trail friendly, and are NOT geared towards Honda's target market, which is the recreational user. That said, I don't think you'll see a MX ready Honda on the showroom floor, so all the MXer's are just going to have to get over themselves. Not everybody cares that you race motocross.

DnB_racing
02-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Motocross riders think the world revolves around them. I've said it a million times before, only about two percent of the quads sold in this country are used for racing purposes. This is a FACT. So that means roughly one percent is used for MX, and one for XC, and that's not taking into account flat track and drag racing. Why would a company build a quad dedicated to one percent of the potential usage? With XC, a decent rider can ride a standard width (45"-46"), stock quad and do fairly well, at least on the local level. 48 and 49 inch wide quads are not trail friendly, and are NOT geared towards Honda's target market, which is the recreational user. That said, I don't think you'll see a MX ready Honda on the showroom floor, so all the MXer's are just going to have to get over themselves. Not everybody cares that you race motocross. very true!!!!and thanks for making chuckle

chrisrzz1012
02-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I was at the international bike show here in town for the last couple of days. So here's what a few high ranking Honda people said. Expect a new 450 in a year or two. They also know the 700xx was a mistake ( biggest mistake IRS). These people didn't at first wanted to say things. But I told them that I knew they had new quads and the specs on them. At first they wanted to know how I knew but never told them who told me. They also know that a new 450R and/or a 400x will make them the king of the hill again. But one thing is worrying them -The economy.

desratt
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
very true. I would agree maybe 2 percent of quads are used for "sanctioned" races. what other percent are used to race their buddy around a gravel pit or up a dune? and how many people buy a quad cause it is "faster". that is the point behind rider support. " our product not only lasted the entire vegas to reno it also won".

and the honda Reps will tell you what you want to hear they want to keep a loyal fan base..

not saying it is true or not.

brewster426
02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
honda very rarely changes anything. i will be very surprised if they do some drastic. they just never do. hell they stuck with drum brakes on there utility quads for EVER. they just changed that a few years ago. i just dont see honda doing anything that much different. they never do.

LT250RMan
02-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Motocross riders think the world revolves around them. I've said it a million times before, only about two percent of the quads sold in this country are used for racing purposes. This is a FACT. So that means roughly one percent is used for MX, and one for XC, and that's not taking into account flat track and drag racing. Why would a company build a quad dedicated to one percent of the potential usage? With XC, a decent rider can ride a standard width (45"-46"), stock quad and do fairly well, at least on the local level. 48 and 49 inch wide quads are not trail friendly, and are NOT geared towards Honda's target market, which is the recreational user. That said, I don't think you'll see a MX ready Honda on the showroom floor, so all the MXer's are just going to have to get over themselves. Not everybody cares that you race motocross.

When tell us why yamaha, suzuki, ktm and polaris all have quads geared toward motocross ??

I can easily see them coming out with something new. Honda waited untill suzuki came out with the lt250r.

Rich250RRacer
02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LT250RMan
When tell us why yamaha, suzuki, ktm and polaris all have quads geared toward motocross ??

Because Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, and Polaris ARE NOT Honda. How's that?

MtnEX
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by brewster426
honda very rarely changes anything. i will be very surprised if they do some drastic. they just never do. hell they stuck with drum brakes on there utility quads for EVER. they just changed that a few years ago. i just dont see honda doing anything that much different. they never do.

That is my thoughts.

But I do think if they change anything it will be carb to EFI.... instead of improving things that need it like the frame, suspension leverage ratios, or a more reliable motor and a better fix for the estarts.... etc.

DEVINF450R
02-07-2011, 04:15 AM
That is my thoughts.

But I do think if they change anything it will be carb to EFI.... instead of improving things that need it like the frame, suspension leverage ratios, or a more reliable motor and a better fix for the estarts.... etc.

IMO, they don't come much more reliable than the 450r when it comes to motors

MtnEX
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Well yeah, it's not terrible.

I'm just saying it could use to run longer between rebuilds.

ThePhantomRider
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I was at the international bike show here in town for the last couple of days. So here's what a few high ranking Honda people said. Expect a new 450 in a year or two. They also know the 700xx was a mistake ( biggest mistake IRS). These people didn't at first wanted to say things. But I told them that I knew they had new quads and the specs on them. At first they wanted to know how I knew but never told them who told me. They also know that a new 450R and/or a 400x will make them the king of the hill again. But one thing is worrying them -The economy.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. No such thing has ever been mentioned about specs or fear of the economy by anyone here...LOL

Don't know who you talked to, but I appreciate you passing this on. Never meant to have a 700+ post thread, but the economy is the driving factor to a new release in a narrow market. That's why there has been no new updates recently for the 450r. THEY HAVE TOO MANY RIGHT NOW!!!

TPR

honda450White
02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Does it have a steering damper like the crf's do? is it set to release this year or are they still waiting?

honda450White
02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Does it have a steering damper like the crf's do? is it set to release this year or are they still waiting?

chrisrzz1012
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Alot of my news comes from "support riders" , mechanics, and people deep into Honda headquarters. Not Reps either. I do agree this shouldn't have been a 700+ forum. As for so many around is the opposite here. I had 3 dealers and friends try finding any in 4 states no luck.

honda450White
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
my honda dealer can get me one practially overnight. I dont want one but he can.

quad2xtreme
02-09-2011, 07:21 AM
dealer in NJ trying to sell 2008s on ebay for $3,600.

wild250rman
02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
dealer in NJ trying to sell 2008s on ebay for $3,600.
Read the whole add! sounds cheap till you add up all the fees.

Ruf Racing
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Read the whole add! sounds cheap till you add up all the fees.

The point being, There are lots of models, yet to be sold. ;)

wild250rman
02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
The point being, There are lots of models, yet to be sold. ;)
sorry i took it as a good deal statement not as there is a lot of 450's left. My point being sounds like a good deal till you add up all the fees and they all go for around the same price no matter where you purchase.
does any one out there have any numbers on how many was manufactured each year and how many has been sold? that would clear up a lot of how many is left issues.

quad2xtreme
02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I was just trying to show the 450r is still available...I really didn't read the details.

There is a dealership in PA selling the 2008 450er for around $3,600 OTD to non-PA residents (no taxes included).

wild250rman
02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
would love to get one definately for that price but my luck they would come out 2 weeks later with the new 450 but at the same time if i don't buy an 08 or 09 and they don't come out with a new 450 it will be a repeat of 1989 when i didn't try to get a new 250r. With money still being tight for everyone that still plays a major roll. you just can't turn around and sell one as quick as a couple years ago without a major loss. I think we are all learning the value of a dollar again.

DnB_racing
02-09-2011, 03:16 PM
if you are lucky enough to have extra cash ... try to buy a brand new in crate unassembled if possible, and put on shelf,in 20 years your grand kids collage will be paid for.. maybe...lol

Ruf Racing
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
sorry i took it as a good deal statement not as there is a lot of 450's left. My point being sounds like a good deal till you add up all the fees and they all go for around the same price no matter where you purchase.
does any one out there have any numbers on how many was manufactured each year and how many has been sold? that would clear up a lot of how many is left issues.

I understood what you meant. I was using your reply, to make my statement. It's all good. :D

wild250rman
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I understood what you meant. I was using your reply, to make my statement. It's all good. :D
cabin fever has set in. i want to ride.:ermm:

desratt
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I found 2 dealers that said 3800 out the door and you got a brand new 08. but I guess all 08 kickers are gone.

IRISH-RACER-14
02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
desratt.whats the name of those dealers?

MtnEX
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I would be tempted @ $3800 OTD, even for the ER.

hotrodhonda400
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM

700XX a mistake,:rolleyes: I don't think so.:rolleyes:

Scro
02-10-2011, 06:53 PM
For a select few, it's a good quad. For the majority of the people it's not ideal.

jkiserracing
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I would be tempted @ $3800 OTD, even for the ER.

Well here is one thats darn close!

http://www.southernhonda.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=4778342&Brand=16&Type=1508&fpg=1

chrisrzz1012
02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I again tried having dealers looking a 450R new. No luck still I tried looking at getting them from another part of the country. After adding up the fees and shipping it doesn't seem likely I'll be getting one. So I'll refresh the 426ex for this season. As for the 700xx issue Honda thought they could out sale the Raptor they didn't it hurt Honda very bad.

MtnEX
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM
No, honda didn't want to compete directly with the Raptor 700R... or they would have put a straight axle under it... PERIOD.

mad715
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Rumor and keep your fingers crossed. Possible that the new early release of 2012 450r could happen this Monday Feb 21 to dealers only! Goldwing and Sport Quads. Liked I said " Rumor"

slainwarrior
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM
that would be awesome im about to dump a ton of money into my 05 and pretty much replace everything... if this happens to be true ill deff be buying a new bike

MtnEX
02-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I hope it happens... But say it is just a RUMOR.

OzLinc
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by mad715
Rumor and keep your fingers crossed. Possible that the new early release of 2012 450r could happen this Monday Feb 21 to dealers only! Goldwing and Sport Quads. Liked I said " Rumor"

I'm on the other side of the world and heard the same thing 6 months ago........late Feb 2011 there will be an early release 2012 model.

Not long until we know for sure.

Kawasaki have already released the 2012 Brute 750 and I suspect we will see a steady stream of new models coming from Japaneese manufacturers throughout the entire year.

MtnEX
02-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Maybe it is true then... I hope so...

I just have this one big factor that makes me doubt it.... and that is the fact that many racing circuits with pros went out of their way to redraft and edit their production rules so the Pros could continue to run the later year models.

This leads me to believe that no new models will be available for race season from Honda or Suzuki riders who are defending their Pro titles respectively.

In fact I have been meaning to break out the find tooth comb and go over some of these redrafted rules to see if it is worded carefully enough to prevent some of the privateers from returning to their cheaper 2-stroke programs.

DEVINF450R
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
I doubt it on the 2 stroke thing...my guess is that Byrd and Creamer already have 2012 IF the rumor is true. as far as Nationals MX wise, the release date makes sense bc it has to be available to the public so long before it can be used as a "Production" bike

dyno
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
A local dealer was told by a rep. that Honda was making a "big"
announcement monday!
Maybe it is coming out!

IRISH-RACER-14
02-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by dyno
A local dealer was told by a rep. that Honda was making a "big"
announcement monday!
Maybe it is coming out!

i doubt it really.. i hope your right but.. its unlikely