Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !!FUEL INJECTED!! TRX450R Build

updates?

yes, interested to see how this turns out??
    trx 450r 06 mx pb1's lsr flexx
    trx 450r 08 mx pb1's lsr precision

so no update on this?

I have worked and programed plenty of FI and the more I work on them the more I LOVE MY CARBS!!! now if they want to make a FI 2 stroke then Im interested

there are already way too many restrictions from the factory on the current models I don't want any more

FI doesn't belong in the race world!!! leave it for sport and work quads...when im done building my 25 year old technology 2 stroke 363 sphinx I will gladly put it up against any new technology race quads...race quads and bikes are getting slower not faster.. but I guess if everyone is running the same new tech motors then it doesn't matter if they are slower cause everyone is going slower...let a 363 run against the 450"s instead of only allowing up to 310

and I know lap times are improving ...that has more to do with suspension designs then motor designs

2 strokes are not going away they are actually making a comeback and im sure the factory's will do everything they can prevent a fair race of cc against cc

more aftermarket companies are developing some very powerful cylinders, and once built the upkeep will be much less for a basic carbureted 2 stroke then a
    FI restricted EPA C.A.R.B.requirement motor
    the problem with the FI is its not going to be limitless a simple power commander isn't going to allow enough settings to be competitive with 25 year old technology
    and not too many will have the correct information to do real mapping the epa will be sure not to allow the average guy to bypass all the clean air guidelines

what your doing is cool but Im sure not in a hurry for it to be the standard ... look what happened to the ltr, Suzuki left the 450 open for rider improvement and got shut down because of it

your designing your system to run!!! don't expect the same possibilities from a big name company,,,
    don't take this the wrong way but I hope Honda never does what your doing... it wont be as good!

Quote Originally Posted by pickard_47 View Post
    Possibilities are unlimited with fuel injection
    id bet that's what people who bought the LTR said....it will be limited by the EPA and C.A.R.B.(California air rescores board) or not allowed to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by pickard_47 View Post
    . Possibilities are unlimited with fuel injection
    What does this mean? Unlimited power? An engine that runs on drain oil? Well, no.
    I think it was just a reactionary comment when someone asked, "why?"

Quote Originally Posted by DnB_racing View Post
    I have worked and programed plenty of FI and the more I work on them the more I LOVE MY CARBS!!! now if they want to make a FI 2 stroke then Im interested !
    DnB, I'm curious if you've worked with the fully programmable ECUs with unrestricted settings where maps are made totally from scratch or the factory ones that allow you to adjust within the parameters that the engine is expected to work within?
    FI in the sport atv world certainly needs to go through more evolution, or growing pains if you will.
    The more pioneers or experimenters the better. I was thinking of the analogy of the hot rod diesel trucks nowadays. Almost everyone and their brother has one or knows someone who does. But back in the eighties when Chevy started putting them in pickups everyone cried " junk! I'll never own one of those."
    And they were junk, to some extent, but even today the GM 6.5L diesel design of decades ago have a pretty good record after the pioneering type of guys have worked with them. But look at the diesels in the trucks today," the possibilities are unlimited. "(well,almost)
    A FI two stroke, that would be cool. But regardless of two stroke or four, the carburetors of today truly can rival any FI for the reasons WE want. Power, throttle response, ride ability, familiarity/easy to service.
    But manufacturers need to use it in order to comply with the ever tightening restrictions of the E.P.A. and C.A.R.B. Stuff like emissions during cold weather start up.
    I'd really like to hear how his project turned out.

I know its not a 450 but I snapped a couple of pictures of my 400 while it was apart the other day.

A few more

And what goes better with fuel injection?

Wish I saw something like this before. 20 dollar fuel injection.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...etors-15682450

any updates?

He's having FI problems! Sorry I had to say it. I'll stick with carb any day of the week. FI is ok for the utility quads and Harleys but thats just me. Good luck with your machine and hope it works well for you.

This is absolutely a sin.... lol...

Honda guys should rejoice in the fact the ATV hasn't been changed to EFI.

Look... EFI is nice when it works, but it is not cheap to mod an EFI bike, and it's a nightmare when something goes wrong and it isn't easy or cheap to resolve.

I mean are you reading how great this is from owners of EFI bikes that have had them a while? Nope. Current ATV/Bike EFI is pretty much 80's technology.

Lobby for an updated frame or updates to the transmission, etc.... not EFI.
    '08 Monster Kawasaki KFX450R (black)
    Too many mods

'99 Sport 400
    Out of a time capsule
    Bone stock, new condition (6/08)

'00 TRX400EX
    Already a project in progress
    Full Yoshimura Exhaust, UNI filter & jetting
    ITP Holeshot HD rears XC fronts on ITP T-9 Baja wheels
    PRM Desert Bumper, PRM full skid protection, & CDB air scoops
    T.M. Design Powerlip Chain Guide, DG Nerf Bars & Pro Armor FAT Pegs
    Duncan Graphics kit, gripper seat cover & Shock-Pros flame covers
    Pro Taper taperwall bars & Cycra Probend hand guards
    Nac's Racing number plates & headlight covers
    14/38 gearing that was on it

damn dude you're right over the mountain from me.

I wanna hear this turbo efi 400ex run!
    SHIFTx450

06 LTR450
    01 TM250
    03 XR400
    03 YZ85
    85 PW50
    01 KTM 50sx SR

Hammer Racing Powered

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast