Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Tecate 4 250

1989 Tecate 4 250

someone please help me out finding it difficult to find aftermarket parts for my recent handown of a quad, motor is strong kicks over, i just need help with spacers to widened the quad, only flaw i see in the quad, hopefully someone can send in the right direction ciao...

wrong forum
    2006 Yamaha YFZ 450* nMotion full exhaust system/ Taper oversized handlebars/ UNI air filter/ AC Racing nerfs with built in heel guards/ Lonestar Racing +2 axle/ Full Flight Racing Long Travel +2 A-Arms.

1990 Ford F150- Long travel suspension and some other goodies!

1989 Ford F150 Short n' Wide- Hot little 302 in it with a 4 speed

2004 Pontiac GT0- 5.7- port and polished ls2 heads, 2002 Zo6 intake manifold, pacesetter longtube headers, hurst short throw shifter, eaton 3.91 posi, Diablo tuner....and yes its straight piped....sorry im not cool enough to waste my money on custom mufflers or canisters, whats the point when everybody always compliments on how good it sounds right?!

Special thanks to my sponsors- Amsoil, One industries, Steel Mx optics and Dragonfire racing

wrong year, only 87 and 88
    2004 Troy Lee Design, Pure Polaris with turn down, 13/36 gearing, Rath K&N intake, Tusk Nerfs, YT12A-Bs Battery(170 CCA), Maxxis Razr 21" front & Kenda Knarly 20" rear, 05 springs front, 03 rear swing arm w/hpd spring kit, full .190 skids, longhorn big bar, trailtech clamp, jet-hot coated header.

well then 88 ups we all make some mistakes and as far as forums are concerned i though we where all kawi aficionados but obviously i am mistaken, because there are no tecate 4 forums, the ignorance of some people amuzes me lol

technicly, this would go in the "other " forum

its going to be hard to find anything for that quad, since they were only made for 2 years, there wasnt alot made for them. your best bet is you just call dura blue, i think they are the only ones who even make wheel spacers. or if you have a dealership that you have a decent relationship with, ask them to find some for you
    Planning a comeback...

I run a shop in WI. I once owned and raced the Tecate-4 at the beginning of my career! It was always a weird little machine. ATV SPORT this month has a feature article about the old T-4 with Jimmy White (an old hero), and Jimmy goes on to outline what I already knew-this machine is extremely hard to set up for competitive racing.

At his level in 1987, Jimmy White went from the front of the pack on a Quadracer to the back when he recieved his Kawasaki "factory ride". Jimmy did always like the TECATE 3 wheelers!

I guess I don't feel bad about running mid-pack in MX, TT and short track locallly as a 15-year old! The motor screamed, but she had some handling issues!

Life changed or the better when I got on board a 250R!

Back to your questions. I can get most parts (Chassis, motor, etc...) to "restore" this thing. You just have to remember what you have and what to expect out of your investment.

The TECATE-4 is something you keep in the back of your garage as a "conversation piece". My old one did just that at the local HONDA dealer in a deep, dark warehouse, and lots of conversations started with "You know, some crazy SOB actually RACED that thing!"

GOOD TIMES!

Herrmann racing offers a-arms and swingarms. An axle can be (or at least used to be) found through LSR or Dura Blue.

I can see Nacho Libre wheeling around on one down there!

thanks for the help guys, my intentions are not to spend much usdollars on this thing, i just want to improve the handling via wheel spacers, and that is it no pipe or porting just a fun recreational atv to have, as a handmedown i cannot get to picky, i already own a 89 shee, this quad will be for the wife to trash lol take care and keep on riding...

Tecate stuff

Hey you should check out The Tecate Connection
    www.tecateconnection.comwww.tecateconnection.com
    One of these should work. They have tons of stuff for Tecates even an online store. I'm sure someone there will direct you where you need to go. Oh and by the way DONT just put it in the back of you garage, they where meant to ride the tires off of them I have a 3&4 and still love to ride them. Yeah they are collectors items IMO so hang on to it. Hope you enjoy it
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

appreciate the advice will go ahead and check out tecateconnections...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast