PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRX 450R is coming!!!!! **Post all 450R information here**

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Chef
08-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
youve gotta be kidding me...honda makes oh teh s-2000....forgot that one didnt you???

they also own acura and make all acura motors...i cant even tell you how many fast cars acura makes

wake up

Like the NSX.:eek2:

RIDER11X
08-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
The blue ones are faster:blah:
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/yzf/450-8.jpg What bumper is that? Nice!!!:eek2:

Woody_YFZ
08-07-2003, 05:33 PM
The blue ones are faster:blah:
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/yzf/450-8.jpg

You just had to say something didn't you. That's funny, but I have to disagree, the white ones are definitely faster. LOL

The bumper on there is a PRM, I think.

PHIL_B54
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
It will be interesting to see how many people have heard hush hush top secret info from their brother in-law's cousin's dog babysitter's uncle who sweeps floors at Honda! :rolleyes:

i said i dont know how much is bs, hell the guy was prob. trying to get me to put a deposit down

RIDER11X
08-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
You just had to say something didn't you. That's funny, but I have to disagree, the white ones are definitely faster. LOL

The bumper on there is a PRM, I think.
Yea, I thought so too, but there is no top loop on it, looks kind of like a CT bumper in that way.:confused2

sparky450AR
08-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by sieg400ex
With all this comparison between the yz motor and the crf motor. If anyone has read the article closly it says, "Powered by an all new, purpose built engine." It could be an all new engine that Honda has been working on. Or it could be based on the crf just revamped. Who Knows.

Greg

this is what im hoping for...its logical...maybe thats why they didnt release earlier.... just a thought

RIDER11X
08-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
OMG 17 pages on a quad we have no concrete info on! lol. I think i'm not gonna check back on this post till sept 10th.

It will be interesting to see how many people have heard hush hush top secret info from their brother in-law's cousin's dog babysitter's uncle who sweeps floors at Honda! :rolleyes:

Oh yea, well my dog's bothers master, works in the mailroom at Honda's R&D lab, and he said that his brother's master said...................................... :rolleyes: :devil: :devil:

You know if I was a teacher of a creative writing class, this would apparently make a good writing assignment for some people, eh? Wow! :D

sparky450AR
08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Like the NSX.:eek2:

i was actually trying to think of that name..thanks...the rsx is badass too

zfire_28
08-07-2003, 07:34 PM
I just got word from an inside source that has tested the new 450 honda against the yfz!!!!!!

It is way faster, but does not handle as well as the white/red yfz
and is slower, and handles better than the blue.;)

sparky450AR
08-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by zfire_28
I just got word from an inside source that has tested the new 450 honda against the yfz!!!!!!

oh my god...that would be awesome...you know...like if the honda really was faster...then we could prove to those yamaha punk...i hope this rumor is true

lol

zfire_28
08-07-2003, 07:51 PM
oh my god...that would be awesome...you know...like if the honda really was faster...then we could prove to those yamaha punk...i hope this rumor is true

lol
You heard it here 1st.:confused2

And don't call me a punk!:macho

sickmojave
08-08-2003, 12:21 AM

:huh WTF :huh

CHAR250R
08-08-2003, 05:45 AM
Stopped at my local dealer today for some odds and ends and asked about the new "450F". He told me the same stuff that's already on here. Here's my opinion: as long as I have my 250R, I'll be happy with riding that, but this new Honda may find a spot in the basement next to the R. I'm with the rest of you guys, I can't wait untill the 10th of September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did sit on the new YFZ450, when no one was looking. Bars are to low for my liking. Over all, I thought it was a nice machine. It's just not a Honda.

cjpoole1
08-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
What bumper is that? Nice!!!:eek2:
Its a PRM I custom ordered
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/yzf/450-9.jpg

WOOLIN
08-08-2003, 06:32 AM

Do you know what you just said? If that's true then would all white and red ones be faster than all the blue ones.
Intelligence is a gift from God. :huh

NTPRacing#19
08-08-2003, 07:54 AM
lmao we got some really shinny apples in this bucket of fruit

Derek
08-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by WOOLIN
Do you know what you just said? If that's true then would all white and red ones be faster than all the blue ones.
Intelligence is a gift from God. :huh

Tell me you didnt know they were joking? :huh Your right...intelligence is a gift from God.

Scottie Mac
08-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
lmao we got some really shinny apples in this bucket of fruit

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

That is the funniest responce I have seen on here in a LONG time.

One good thing, this whole Honda vs. the world bs is at least helping us get past this stupid ***** rain we have been having here on the east coast. If not for some of the rediculas crap that flies all over this forum, I don't think I could bare it.......

Scott

Rastus
08-08-2003, 11:17 AM
One good thing, this whole Honda vs. the world bs is at least helping us get past this stupid ***** rain we have been having here on the east coast

Yeah I know!

It Rains/thunderstorms pretty hard about every day.

Matter of fact, it's raining right now :(

DEAL
08-08-2003, 02:31 PM
Do you guys think we're going to see the traditional Honda radials or a new design?

NTPracing22
08-08-2003, 03:56 PM
hasn't rained much up here....just been real hazy, hot, humid...rainforest weather...sometimes it rains a bit at night..thats about it

sparky450AR
08-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Do you guys think we're going to see the traditional Honda radials or a new design?

i hope they are the ohtsu's but in a 4 ply...which they wont do because they will want to claim lower weight. If they dont i hope they still go with ohtsu 2 ply but with hardened sidewalls..with hardened sidewalls tehy would be the best atv tire made....PERIOD!

Paul400ex2002
08-08-2003, 05:13 PM
for those of you saying no one has ridden or whatever this bike, you have no clue. The shop i always go to, the owner knows several honda test riders that have actually ridden this quad, but they're under such tight wraps from honda that all they will tell him is "It's really cool"

suzukiz400rider
08-08-2003, 06:22 PM
just glad to see they havent been slacking off as the yamie guys thought.

also great to see our sport get better every year

thank yamaha and honda and suzuki and kawasaki

to each his own, no bashing all quads are great and fun

know lets see some factory support racing now!:eek2:

Yee-Haw_400EX
08-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by snowpro_02
Hey guys he is right. He was showing me a picture of the Supposedly new Honda in our CADT class and I was like look at it closer and compare it to the picture of the DVX they look the same. Sorry boys the picture is a pre-sketch of the Arctic Cat DVX.

Are you in a CAD graphics class too?

ewalker302
08-08-2003, 08:25 PM
2 all you guys saying how the new honda won't measure up to the YFZ.

Why the hell are you on a honda site if you love your yamahas so much.

Everybody who can think knows that honda always steps up & always whomps the snot out of the competition.

Go to a race--it's a sea of red & it always will be.

I just think it's so funny that guys come on a honda site to talk smack about yamahas b/c im sure it gets old to type yfz kicks hondas *** over & over again on bluetraxx.

I've seen the new yfz's & yeah they run & look great. But if history repeats itself & I bet it will, they will be looking great broke down on the side of the trail while I rip by on my 400.

Show of hands here -- what honda riders here go on yamahaha sites to argue & read posts about yamahas????
Not many I'd bet.

I love the smell of Jealousy

Honda -- best site--best quads.
Not my fault just the facts.

You think Yamahas will ever be better than Hondas???
Hold your breath till you turn BLUE -- Oh yeah U already are!!
:bandit:

zfire_28
08-09-2003, 02:06 AM
can we say grumpy butt

300XFST4602
08-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by ewalker302
2 all you guys saying how the new honda won't measure up to the YFZ.

Why the hell are you on a honda site if you love your yamahas so much.

Everybody who can think knows that honda always steps up & always whomps the snot out of the competition.

Go to a race--it's a sea of red & it always will be.

I just think it's so funny that guys come on a honda site to talk smack about yamahas b/c im sure it gets old to type yfz kicks hondas *** over & over again on bluetraxx.

I've seen the new yfz's & yeah they run & look great. But if history repeats itself & I bet it will, they will be looking great broke down on the side of the trail while I rip by on my 400.

Show of hands here -- what honda riders here go on yamahaha sites to argue & read posts about yamahas????
Not many I'd bet.

I love the smell of Jealousy

Honda -- best site--best quads.
Not my fault just the facts.

You think Yamahas will ever be better than Hondas???
Hold your breath till you turn BLUE -- Oh yeah U already are!!
:bandit:

Very true

DEAL
08-09-2003, 10:25 AM
i hope they are the ohtsu's but in a 4 ply...which they wont do because they will want to claim lower weight. If they dont i hope they still go with ohtsu 2 ply but with hardened sidewalls..with hardened sidewalls tehy would be the best atv tire made....PERIOD!

they are great tires. I didn't have one flat with either my front or rears. But they wear quickly.

balla250ex
08-09-2003, 11:17 AM
All I can say is that it is about time.

bur your right- it may be to late. Yamaha might have beat us to it with a better wuad. we shall see.

phatswinn
08-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Rastus
Yeah I know!

It Rains/thunderstorms pretty hard about every day.

Matter of fact, it's raining right now :(

same here, it stopped yesterday but for the last week or so its been pouring/ thunderstorming

WANTIN AN EX
08-09-2003, 02:56 PM
i dont post up too much around i just read, cause at this point and time im still on the FOURTRAX side of honda lol, nehow all these peeps comin on a HONDA site and bashing HONDA makes no sense to me at all... the new 450 will be sweet you can bet on it, with it being marketed as the replacement to the legendary R id say that in its self is a great indication on what this baby is gonna do, hopefully by the time the release date comes ill have the cash to trade in the rancher until then ill keep hanging around lookin at yalls sweet ex's and dreaming lol... honda will produce a winner i have no doubts about that and if you do your only skeerd... lata

Punk'd
08-09-2003, 08:21 PM
hey guys im new here and i was just wondering if the 450 is really comeing or is it just another fake? :rolleyes: thanks

exracer
08-10-2003, 03:22 AM
its real
dont worry Honda isnt gunna wait around much longer and let the competion take off

D-4our
08-10-2003, 03:57 AM
ok, once again this is probably another b.s. brothers sister friends uncle scenario but i talked to somebody who "suposedly" saw the new honda and said it indeed has an aluminum frame.who knows though right, i hope its true.

DEAL
08-10-2003, 05:43 AM
The price of the yfz is gonna drop....

bone705
08-10-2003, 06:36 AM
anybody think this thing is gonna have reverse?

Plante400
08-10-2003, 09:36 AM
I highly doubt it, it is supposed to be a race quad. Probobly no reverse.

Punk'd
08-10-2003, 12:36 PM
agreed:macho

honda350r
08-10-2003, 12:55 PM
By guy400

" Let's try to keep all the 450R convos in the sticky thread otherwise we're going to have umpteen threads going all discussing the same topic. But, Honda's grandson did tell me that's it's going to have an all new aluminum-titanium alloy frame with direct-port EFI. It's also going to use a reverse cylinder much like Cannondale for tighter packaging of the motor. Electric/kick start is an option like on the Yamaha. Oh, and did I mention the IRS??"

I would like to know where I can buy some of that stuff you are smoking ! ..

Giz400ex
08-10-2003, 01:02 PM
IRS:huh I don't think so:D That would make it even a higher price tag:(

Guy400
08-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
I would like to know where I can buy some of that stuff you are smoking ! .. From Monkeyboy's personal stash.

redracer
08-10-2003, 01:51 PM
im not sure but i think that honda has just been waiting. incase u havent noticed, every quad manufacturer has just come out with a new sport quad. honda is smart to wait and find out what they have to beat. i dont think that it will be fuel injected though. and will probably cost the same as the yfz450.

Moto440
08-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Nobody has spied a pic??????????????

Tommy 17
08-10-2003, 03:21 PM
:devil:

wait till tomorrow...:devil: :macho :macho :devil:

Ralph
08-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
:devil:

wait till tomorrow...:devil: :macho :macho :devil:

WOOO WOOO:huh :devil:

Moto440
08-10-2003, 03:33 PM
hook it up!!!!

Punk'd
08-10-2003, 03:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wait till tomorrow...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ahh o wat does that mean lol

Tommy 17
08-10-2003, 03:51 PM
u had to be at rausch... u will find out tomrrow:devil:

Bretmd94
08-10-2003, 04:01 PM

If this is a joke Tommy, it is a very sick one. :macho

Tommy 17
08-10-2003, 04:05 PM
no joke;)

Ralph
08-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
If this is a joke Tommy, it is a very sick one. :macho :blah:

Punk'd
08-10-2003, 08:57 PM
this better be real or ima go crazy on u i might even have ta break out the nun chucks:mad: :macho :grr:

400exBro
08-10-2003, 11:19 PM

so....:huh what are you trying to say...

Admin
08-11-2003, 01:31 AM
New Information about the TRX450R:

The following Information was supplied to me by a very Reliable Source:

Aluminum Frame
10" of Travel Front & Rear
Removable Clutch Cover
Price slighty more than the YFZ450

jmoney45
08-11-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
New Information about the TRX450R:

The following Information was supplied to me by a very Reliable Source:

Aluminum Frame
10" of Travel Front & Rear
Removable Clutch Cover
Price slighty more than the YFZ450

ooohhh, i think i need to wipe off the keyboard. :D

Tommy 17,
where's the pic? :macho

Pahrump
08-11-2003, 03:14 AM
What about the fuel injection was that a yes or no?????

Bretmd94
08-11-2003, 03:33 AM
Its Tomorrow Tommy........:macho

wilkin250r
08-11-2003, 03:51 AM
I'm eagerly waiting the new Honda, but to tell you the truth, I'm skeptical.

Times change. The history of Honda and Yamaha isn't necessarily their future.

With the exception of slightly detuned in stock form, it looks like Yamaha didn't pull any punches with the YZF450. The motor has already been proven in the dirtbikes. Is it all to hard to fathom that maybe they finally dialed in the suspension and handling? After all, they have years of technology to look at, including Honda's. I'm sure somebody at Yamaha took a long look at the 250r and the 400EX before they designed the new frame.

Hondas are known for handling and reliability. However, it is a distict possibility that the new Honda engine, based on the CRF or not, isn't as reliable as the old Hondas of the past. I'm sure it will still handle great, you don't change a setup like that, but the engine is a different story. Also, I'm pretty sure that Honda is STILL feeling the effects of the late 80s. I'm willing to bet they don't go all out.

I just have a sinking feeling that times are changing. I hope I'm wrong...

trout
08-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Its Tomorrow Tommy........

what he said!

Ralph
08-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm eagerly waiting the new Honda, but to tell you the truth, I'm skeptical.

Times change. The history of Honda and Yamaha isn't necessarily their future.

With the exception of slightly detuned in stock form, it looks like Yamaha didn't pull any punches with the YZF450. The motor has already been proven in the dirtbikes. Is it all to hard to fathom that maybe they finally dialed in the suspension and handling? After all, they have years of technology to look at, including Honda's. I'm sure somebody at Yamaha took a long look at the 250r and the 400EX before they designed the new frame.

Hondas are known for handling and reliability. However, it is a distict possibility that the new Honda engine, based on the CRF or not, isn't as reliable as the old Hondas of the past. I'm sure it will still handle great, you don't change a setup like that, but the engine is a different story. Also, I'm pretty sure that Honda is STILL feeling the effects of the late 80s. I'm willing to bet they don't go all out.

I just have a sinking feeling that times are changing. I hope I'm wrong...

well if it is using the 450 motor then you will have to rebuild it every 6 months if your racing it. but thats why it is raceready. they didnt cut any corners,

Aluminum frame, removeable clutch cover 10 inches of suspension all around. thats more than the yfz. and there is still more to be released.

but for those people who arent a-level racers and dont want to rebuild your quad every 6 months i think this quad isnt all honda has up there sleeve. Their might be another new honda in the futere for the more casual rider.

also i would keep my eyes open for a new cannondale, suzuki/kawasaki, and maybe eaven a kawasaki 2-stroker. dont rush the yfz450 and if u will buy it wait for the next years lineup;), cause the atv industry is about to explode!

MotoX3
08-11-2003, 04:18 AM
so Tommy....does it looks like the drawing:macho ...post the pic!

Bill Fuller
08-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Show us some pictures:mad: :cuss: Pleeeeeeeze:D

CowsBitePeople
08-11-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Show us some pictures:mad: :cuss: Pleeeeeeeze:D

Tommy 17
08-11-2003, 05:44 AM
lmfao... u guyz are funny...

I DO NOT HAVE A PIC!!!!!!!!!! we were told info that u guyz already looked over... it was just posted by harlen TODAY WHICH IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

didn't u see alum frame, 450f motor, 10 inches of travel...

can't ya guyz read;)

Admin
08-11-2003, 06:14 AM
I was also told it will not be fuel injected, but have an FCR Carb. I didn't ask what size.

Again, this is from a reliable source that was able also tell me about the specs of the yfz several months before it was annouced, and they all turned out to be accurate.

But, the aluminum frame is still puzzling to me because the drawing doesn't look much like an aluminum frame.

Unless, I hear otherwise between now and Sept 10th, then I will still believe it will be an aluminum frame.

Bretmd94
08-11-2003, 06:15 AM
lmfao... u guyz are funny...

I DO NOT HAVE A PIC!!!!!!!!!! we were told info that u guyz already looked over... it was just posted by harlen TODAY WHICH IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

didn't u see alum frame, 450f motor, 10 inches of travel...

can't ya guyz read;)

weak...

MotoX3
08-11-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
weak...

Juggalo
08-11-2003, 06:43 AM
my guess is that it'll have the 40mm FCR like the dirtbike has.

Ralph
08-11-2003, 07:24 AM
the great thing is we havent eaven told yall about everything i was told. and i wont make the first move...muahahaha

Merriman
08-11-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Aluminum frame, removeable clutch cover 10 inches of suspension all around. thats more than the yfz. and there is still more to be released.

The YFZ also has a removable clutch cover made out of magnesium........just like the yzf dirt bike.;)

My question is why is everyone so concerned about an aluminum frame? Is because it is light the ONLY reason? so "what if" it still doesn't meet or beat the 350lbs. of the YFZ, with the aluminum frame? will you all be dissappointed, or still thrilled with the aluminum? Also "what if" it does crack? how many people here can weld aluminum in there own garage? Is there something about aluminum besides weight that I'm missing? I think I would be much happier with a 4130 chromoly chassis.

Anyways best of luck on this new ATV. I hope it is all that it is said to be..... :)

Scottie Mac
08-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Merriman
The YFZ also has a removable clutch cover made out of magnesium........just like the yzf dirt bike.;)

My question is why is everyone so concerned about an aluminum frame? Is because it is light the ONLY reason? so "what if" it still doesn't meet or beat the 350lbs. of the YFZ, with the aluminum frame? will you all be dissappointed, or still thrilled with the aluminum? Also "what if" it does crack? how many people here can weld aluminum in there own garage? Is there something about aluminum besides weight that I'm missing? I think I would be much happier with a 4130 chromoly chassis.

Anyways best of luck on this new ATV. I hope it is all that it is said to be..... :) 2 things you can bet on:

1) this will surely be a nice quad, just like Yamaha, I can't see them waiting this long and putting out a POS

2) some people will think it is the second coming of Jesus, while others will not like it for one reason or another. That is what is soooo nice about freedom of choice. And the fact that we actually have CHOICES now is a major plus!

I also agree about the whole aluminum frame issue. Yes it looks cool, but EVERY major aftermarket frame maker uses chromoly. The only company using alluminum is LRD and they have to use such thick walled alluminum that it ens up only being slightly lighter than a traditional steel frame. My biggest concern about the alluminum is the fact that they are sooooo hard to fix if they break. BUT, to each his own. I guess we will all find out in a month.

Scott

Fred55
08-11-2003, 08:17 AM
It will prolly be the strength of the CR frames....and when was the last time you heard of then breaking?

Guy400
08-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
It will prolly be the strength of the CR frames....and when was the last time you heard of then breaking? Never.

Cannondale has shown that aluminum frames can be done, and done with more than enough strength.

Scottie Mac
08-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Let me spell it out for you guys since you seem to be missing my point. I know that alluminum frames can be made to be reliable, my question is why use it in the first place???? The new YZF is lighter than alluminum framed cannondales. And IF (mistakes do happen) it does break, you have to know someone who specializes in alluminum welding. That is all I meant. I never said it wasn't good, I never said it couldn't work. Some people on this ng find fault in every post I guess.

Scott

Oh, and like I said before, chromoly seems just fine for Walsh, LSR, Leagers, JRD, etc.

Doibugu2
08-11-2003, 08:37 AM
How many guys are running cannondales at the GNC's? That I think is a bigger abuse of the frames. Those 70' jumps and stuff.

Most of the guys that run the GNCC, ie Jeff, don't leave the ground very far so there is not as much stress on the frame. I'm thinking. So wouldn't a lighter alum frame be better for these guys?

Bretmd94
08-11-2003, 08:46 AM
its not very hard to find someone that can weld aluminum. And I doubt that Honda would make an aluminum frame that looked like LRD's.

Cannondales are heavier because of other things. (EFI) If honda made a 450 quad that is very similar to the yzf, than it should be lighter with aluminum frame. Otherwise it would be pointless.

Does the 10" of travel mean that the shocks are 18" instead of 16"? Because just having the bike higher off the ground with standard size shocks isnt doing it for me. LT shocks and suspension would be nice stock. :rolleyes:

400exBro
08-11-2003, 09:13 AM
î want to know from the people, who "know" what it is going to be like, is it worth selling a midly moded ex to get this new 450??

BTW- i am planning on building my own crf450 in the arens frame... so if new honda is going to be the one, so i jump on it right away, or just stick to a 400ex and mod it out...(i almost think this way would be cheapier, moding the ex then getting the frame and engine..)

Tommy 17
08-11-2003, 09:17 AM
alum frames can be very ridged... most people didn't like the 1st generation alum frames on crs but now by the 3rd generation they are fine... i'm sure honda will use the CR technology in the new quad frame...

Merriman
08-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
It will prolly be the strength of the CR frames....and when was the last time you heard of then breaking?

In a Transworldmx interview with Carmichael's mechanic, he said they replace Ricky's frame every 4 races or so....(I can't remember the exact wording, but they replace it around 4 races) So no wonder he doesn't break them.....

I know none of us ride as hard as he does.....but it's just a fact.

I have heard of the CR frames breaking, though I've never seen one. Also those bikes are lighter, and better suspended which helps improve the longevity of the frame.......If honda uses aluminum, then this bike better be trick......

Fred55
08-11-2003, 09:23 AM
If they use Aluminum, it WILL be trick.

Punk'd
08-11-2003, 09:47 AM
hey is this 450 a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Tommy 17
08-11-2003, 10:07 AM
4 stroke

Fred55
08-11-2003, 10:14 AM
4 stroke

:eek: BS!!!! LOL

Castor-426ex
08-11-2003, 10:59 AM
i talked to a honda dealer in my area today about the new 450 and what he told me is this

that the 450 has been a complete quad for a while...but has been tweaked and finely tuned along the way to its debut

its mainly aimed at replacing the famous 250r...not the raptor or any other quad....he said the main reason dealers dont talk about new models or even hints from honda...is because they constantly get people hounding them about it...and also because honda changes their mind more than they make it up

when i asked him if it was aluminum framed....all i got was a "could be"

i seen the memo to them about the 450r and i also seen a color brochure about the show in vegas..but they wouldnt let me check it out...

He said honda is having some sort of a new model announcement now in cali...but i didnt know what for, like some sort of pre-show before the sept meet

I asked when he thought the 450r would be available...he said more than likely itll be a 2005 model...released for sale in nov or december

he pointed out one thing...

the reason honda doesnt produce a 2 stroke race quad is no mystery....but the technology they have for a four stroke race quad has yet to be put out for consumers...until now....

i guess we will have to see

TeamC&GRacer
08-11-2003, 12:12 PM
i was thinking, if its aluminum frame how well will it be made? Take the 400ex swingarm for example, aluminum. I know these crack all the time, would they use the same type of aluminum?

Fred55
08-11-2003, 12:20 PM
They will probably use the same stuff as on the Cr's.

Moto440
08-11-2003, 12:33 PM
I have not seen a piece of anything on any mx bike that has not or cannot be broken. MX is very hard on bikes or quads a bike is 350+ and put a 150+ rider on it and jump it 75 feet long and 20 feet high and something is bound to break eventually. CR frames happen to be very good frames...........:o

JHF219
08-11-2003, 12:51 PM
http://www.zen13494.zen.co.uk/images/postpics.gif

forum
08-11-2003, 01:55 PM
i was told it wont be an aluminium frame. but hope it is..

Dave400ex
08-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Well the aluminum frame would be trick, but for some guys if they did have problems with them fixing it would be hard. I think the 4130 chromoly would be a good setup. Either way I want to see the full spec's to know if I need to sell the 400.

joedirt
08-11-2003, 03:47 PM
ya dont weld aluminumumum dummy it haet treatyd. homoly fames breakn too. junk can only last so long. I dont car if it made out of rubber it still breakn sonnner or latttter fooooool

Moto440
08-11-2003, 03:56 PM
They already had the dealer show, so what gives?

Ralph
08-11-2003, 04:01 PM
u wont beable to weld, powdercoat, gusset this frame. it is heat treated and i was told that it would mess with it and make it realy weak, i guarantee u want need to gusset it cause honda will make this frame strong as hell since this is a strict race quad. more race than the moto. so just give it some time and u will decide wether u want to switch with to it.

joedirt
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
have u saw a cdale fame evar break. didnt tink so

Dave400ex
08-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Oh sorry I haven't read much on aluminum because it isn't used much. If it's as good as everybody is saying, then I think I will want one. Hopefully it has the nice shocks like the YFZ.
Joedirt simmer down.

Castor-426ex
08-11-2003, 05:11 PM
theres no telling what we will see in sept

but think about it...

honda for the racer is mainly a motorcycle gang....

but for the honda quads, they have been burned before building a racer...and i dont think they would just drop the crf450 motor in a chassis without toning it down a little...

i mean the crf is a high maintenance race machine
and honda will want this machine to have the stamp of reliability as its other models do...

i look for them to thicken the gears if not completely re run the tranny ratio
thicker cases and a beefier clutch system...and more than likely the most restrictive thing about it will be the exhaust system....

But Honda isnt stupid....the aftermarket will be hopping to the 450R....especially HRC......i bet youll see big gains by putting a full system and rejet the carb on it....

but like i said....i could be wrong...i hope honda doesnt just dump the crf450 motor stright off the dirtbike into the quad.....if they do i wont buy it

Yee-Haw_400EX
08-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Maybe they'll put a f'ckin turbo or supercharger on it like they did their watercraft. That'd smoke some Yamahammer! I cannot stress enough how much Yamaha SUCKS

Yee-Haw_400EX
08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
but like i said....i could be wrong...i hope honda doesnt just dump the crf450 motor stright off the dirtbike into the quad.....if they do i wont buy it

:p :p You're funny. Yeah, why would you want a motor thats TOO GOOD in it?:p :p

Castor-426ex
08-12-2003, 12:41 AM
yeah thats why id be broke from constantly rebuilding it and replacing valves....thats funny....but hey if thats your thing........:rolleyes:

Castor-426ex
08-12-2003, 12:45 AM
why dont you read around on the 450 and how people are replacing the valves twice a season, and all the other work they do to that bike...i mean yeah its a great bike but it isnt for everyone...i cant see the average trail rider, or even occasional racer forking that kind of money out....

Ralph
08-12-2003, 04:18 AM
actualy i was told that most people wont beable to get much more power out of it like they could the yfz.

NTPracing22
08-12-2003, 05:21 AM
its called R&D-honda doesn't go without it

gncc400exxx
08-12-2003, 05:56 AM
more fuel for the fire...........

I heard yesterday The 450R will be heavyer than the yfz. That I can believe because the yfz looks like they really cut back to save a few pounds, like on the swing arm skid and the wimpy looking fromt bumper. Also heard Kick start only. Not sure about that but if it's an R then maybe.

Also was told about an updated 400ex possibaly with reverse to come later.

Not sure how much of this is true, We'll all just have to wait and see.

With all of this speculation some of it has to be true.

86atc250r
08-12-2003, 06:01 AM
I have a hard time believing it will be heavier than a YFZ if it's coming kick start only...

The CRF engine is much lighter than a 400EX engine and similar in wight to a YZ450, then you remove the electronics and it becomes even lighter. The YFZ isn't "that" much lighter than a 400EX....

Either way, I imagine the weight difference will be negligible unless one side wants "bragging rights" that their bike is 5lbs lighter than the other side's....

jja125
08-12-2003, 06:43 AM
unless maybe they worked a reverse gear into the motor:confused: then i could see it being a noticable weight difference.

86atc250r
08-12-2003, 06:49 AM
If they went so far as to not include electric start, you can bet it won't include reverse either.

honda350r
08-12-2003, 07:20 AM
If it only comes with a kicker,I am buying the Yamaha for sure! I don't even care if it will smoke the YFZ !

Bretmd94
08-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
If it only comes with a kicker,I am buying the Yamaha for sure! I don't even care if it will smoke the YFZ !

pansy!

its a race quad.... I want a kicker. battery and starter = weight thats not needed.

they should have two versions. one race ready, and one for pansys. :eek:

jcv400ex
08-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
more race than the moto.

:huh :uhoh: LMGDAO!!!!!!!!

Martin Blair
08-12-2003, 08:43 AM
well i am waiting to see im not buying anythign else for the 400 i have a deal with my parents since they bought the 400 if we sell it pay it off completly then they can get me the new crf450r for christmas, probalby wont be availble till later but thats fine i can wait. But if they throw somethign slowpaly together then im sticking with the 400 but i cant see honda doing that, the will reliease it just like the 400ex with 0 problems, and 0 cheap alumium a arms and crap that breaks if you dont land perfectly right n a jump.

I would love it if it has a kick starter, save a few pounds, and with the 400ex if the battery is dead your screwed unless theres a hill.

It wouldnt surprise me since its a r if it has a kickstarter.

balla250ex
08-12-2003, 10:14 AM
I read in dirt wheels that it will be a reversed kick starter?? That sounds cool, but imagine that thing coming back - it would beat the chit out of you every kick!

Martin Blair
08-12-2003, 10:17 AM
a reverse kick starter so they dont have to cut the plastic, but if it ever does kikc bakc it would throw you off the bike easy, or break soemthing I wiegh 150-160 so i dont thibk i would ahve to much trouble kicking it over, i can kikc bashees and rs easy, just hope it doesnt backfire.

86atc250r
08-12-2003, 10:28 AM
A reversed kickstarter sounds like a forward kicker to me - especially knowing Honda's history.... Forward kickers are good :) Make sure you are wearing boots with shin protection :eek2:

JHF219
08-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
a reverse kick starter so they dont have to cut the plastic, but if it ever does kikc bakc it would throw you off the bike easy, or break soemthing I wiegh 150-160 so i dont thibk i would ahve to much trouble kicking it over, i can kikc bashees and rs easy, just hope it doesnt backfire.

Not being mean but have you ever really kick started a True HIGH PERFORMANCE four stroke? you saying you can kick start a banshee? dud i can start my shee barefooted or even with my hand !! now when i had my YZ400 there was no way in hell i was doing it barefoot or with my hand there is NO COMPARISON between the new breed of thumpers and a 2 stroke !! sorry im not trying to start anything just saying that i think you made a bad comparison !!

Martin Blair
08-12-2003, 10:42 AM
no i didnt reqll ythink a hi comp 4 stroke might b eharder, but i image it would be, im sure i can still kick it for a while, someone will probably make a eltric start for it.

Bretmd94
08-12-2003, 11:35 AM
I had a 350x with a high compression piston. It wasnt that bad to kick over. The front kick started is scary on the shins. I never wore boots so i got smacked probably 3 or 4 times. It hurts. but its worth the 10lbs for a starter and battery. If you wear boots its all good. It also keeps most young little kids that shouldnt be on quads that big from riding alone. which = less people filing lawsuits against Honda. If that makes any sense.....

Dave400ex
08-12-2003, 12:57 PM
I don't see Honda just making it a kick start. If anything they will do like Yamaha and let the owner put a kicker on if they want it.

Martin Blair
08-12-2003, 01:52 PM
yeah mostlikly i would want the kicker though, and if hrc comeout with pipes and stuff tht will be great, but i will still be buying a lrd pipe nd K&n even if hrc makes pipes engine builders are always better, and i like lrds work.

sparky450AR
08-12-2003, 01:55 PM
i know what you guys mean...its really hard to kick my friends yzf 250....it would prolly be a little easier on a quad, cuz you owuld have more leverage....but there will be a battery in the 450r....it has lights and its a 4-stroke honda...think about it.....they might offer the kickstart though

honda350r
08-12-2003, 02:51 PM
It does not need a battery to have lights!

400exbiggun
08-12-2003, 02:53 PM
i dont know if anyone said this...but those fenders look mighty close to a dvx (or what ever the hell it is called...that artic cat thinggy)
and i am guessing it wont have reverse seeing how it is a "race quad"
in that case i am still gonna get me a rap.

Martin Blair
08-12-2003, 03:14 PM
thats not a pic of the new quad thats a drawing of the new dvx, it what it could look like.

I heard it was geared towards mx, but i hope with a lrd pipe and some suspenison respring and revales it can be a XC racer because i dont like mx, I also hear a rumer from the dealer hear that it is goign to have 55hp, he never said if it was at the wheels or crank, either or thats a hell of alot.

And if its a kicker it wont have any battery, and i also heard it wont have headlights because its geared for race, but you can put some torch lights, or any handlebar lights on it i would expect.

400exbiggun
08-12-2003, 03:23 PM
guess i am not getting one...not that i could even afford it
:eek2:

Pahrump
08-12-2003, 04:13 PM
well I really want one and I know that everyone is just speculating but if there is no headlight and no electric start I will not buy one. Call me a "pansy" if you want but I have had a "high" performance 4 stroke 2003 CRF450 and its a Biiiiooootch to kick.

honda350r
08-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I think that is why Honda has taking so long on the release! They are putting a starter on it ! It will be a huge mistake if it is a kick start!

zfire_28
08-12-2003, 07:59 PM
IMO rumors from dealers are the least reliable source of info on quads that are already produced, let alone "yet to be released" machines
Examples
1. My local Sea Doo dealer claims their DS650 does 100mph right out of the box!
2. My local Polaris dealer brags that their Predator has 50+ hp stock!
3. A Yamaha dealer a couple of towns away swears that a stock Raptor does 90mph in 4th gear!
4. This same Yamaha dealer claims that a Warrior is faster than a 400ex!

For any dealers that may read this, all I can say is that a few bad apples give a bad name to you all.

Punk'd
08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
AMEN:macho

dad400ex
08-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda isn't hurrying to get a starter put on this new quad,In the engineering field of products,especially Honda,they had this quad built and ready to go for at least a year now,their just awaiting for the right time of things,(politcs)And plenty of testing,testing,and more testing...

Braff1
08-13-2003, 01:10 AM
IMO rumors from dealers are the least reliable source of info on quads that are already produced, let alone "yet to be released" machines
Examples
3. A Yamaha dealer a couple of towns away swears that a stock Raptor does 90mph in 4th gear!

For any dealers that may read this, all I can say is that a few bad apples give a bad name to you all.

Maybe they are true:
1. yes the ds 650 can do 100 mph==> going down a big dune in 5th gear wfo.
2. predator 50 hp stock ==> and I cought a fish this big
3. yo momma ha doing 90 in 4th gear==> yep, just as the rod goes flying through the lower case
4. Warrior faster than a 400 ex==> yep, they forgot to mention the warrior was in 4 th gear and the 400 was only in 2 nd gear.

Most dealers you should only believe 1/2 of what you hear and a 1/3 of what they say.

GOMER007
08-13-2003, 07:19 AM
well the preator does have 52hp at the crank but at the rear wheels might be pushing it.:ermm:

Pahrump
08-13-2003, 09:09 AM
I bet that Yamaha will increase the 439cc 04 YFZ to a 449cc bike for next year. Since the rules were changed right before release they did not have time to change it for the 04 models but for 2005 count on the 449cc in the YFZ. This would allow Yamaha to standardize all parts from the YZ450 dirt bike.

Would it not just blow everyones mind if the honda is a full 449CC's

I kinda doubt it cause it has already been in production I am sure; but who knows???????

DMH
08-13-2003, 02:04 PM
A bigger more detailed Pict. of the drawing. Found it on some Russian web site. I have no idea what they were saying about it though.

http://www.atvflorida.com/files/attachments/trx450r1.jpg

DMH
08-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Can anyone interpret this? Here's the link
http://www.imc.narod.ru/2mc2003/honda_trx450r.html

86atc250r
08-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Translation:

08 August 2003

Soon in four-stroke sport kvadrotsikla Of yamaha YFZ450 to ya-.stroke will appear competitor. Honda declared, which during September will present racing quad, equipped with the modernized motor from off-road bike CRF450R.

Model is called TRX450R. it is expected that Honda will a little decrease the volume of motor CRF so that kvadrotsikl would correspond to the limitation of racing class in 440 cu. cm.

Even if the volume of engine is lowered, quad Of Honda with the ease will be able to manufacture on the rear wheels more than 40 hp for the comparison: power CRF constructs almost 48 hp and models Of Yamaha YFZ450, the recommended price Of Honda to TRX will be the same - 6899 US dollars.

According to Yamaha, weight YFZ is only 350 pounds (158,5 kg); therefore Honda now is beaten for each gram in order to make kvadrotsikl competitive. Many details of model will be made from aluminum and magnesium.

In Yamaha, for example, from aluminum are made A- levers of front suspension, rear swingarm, subframe, oil tank and wheels. Therefore Honda has advantage in this plan: company can establish aluminum frame and win in the weight.

If the computer image, created ****yu khondoy, becomes real machine, in kvada TRX will be the sufficiently aggressive stylistics, compared with the Yamaha.

But, just as in the case with the four-stroke off-road bike Yamaha YZ250F and by its competitor CRF250R Of Honda, who only will appear, in Yamaha is great advantage in the time of advance on the market for its ATV. Honda thus far cannot name even the exemplary time, when model TRX appears in the dealers.

sparky450AR
08-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Translation:

08 August 2003

Soon in four-stroke sport kvadrotsikla Of yamaha YFZ450 to ya-.stroke will appear competitor. Honda declared, which during September will present racing quad, equipped with the modernized motor from off-road bike CRF450R.

Model is called TRX450R. it is expected that Honda will a little decrease the volume of motor CRF so that kvadrotsikl would correspond to the limitation of racing class in 440 cu. cm.

Even if the volume of engine is lowered, quad Of Honda with the ease will be able to manufacture on the rear wheels more than 40 hp for the comparison: power CRF constructs almost 48 hp and models Of Yamaha YFZ450, the recommended price Of Honda to TRX will be the same - 6899 US dollars.

According to Yamaha, weight YFZ is only 350 pounds (158,5 kg); therefore Honda now is beaten for each gram in order to make kvadrotsikl competitive. Many details of model will be made from aluminum and magnesium.

In Yamaha, for example, from aluminum are made A- levers of front suspension, rear swingarm, subframe, oil tank and wheels. Therefore Honda has advantage in this plan: company can establish aluminum frame and win in the weight.

If the computer image, created ****yu khondoy, becomes real machine, in kvada TRX will be the sufficiently aggressive stylistics, compared with the Yamaha.

But, just as in the case with the four-stroke off-road bike Yamaha YZ250F and by its competitor CRF250R Of Honda, who only will appear, in Yamaha is great advantage in the time of advance on the market for its ATV. Honda thus far cannot name even the exemplary time, when model TRX appears in the dealers.

I scanned your avatar and it crashed my computer.....:mad:

Guy400
08-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Gabe, I don't know whether to believe that you translated that or continue laughing thinking that you're BS'ing everybody because we're so eager to gather any information about this quad that we can........lmfao:D

DMH
08-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
[B]Translation:

08 August 2003

****yu khondoy,

from MotorcycleUSA.com

Yamaha and its YFZ450 4-stroke sport quad have some company on the horizon. Honda has just announced that it will debut a race-ready quad in September that features a version of the mighty mill that's in the dominating CRF450R dirt bike.

Called the TRX450R, it is expected that Honda will slightly reduce the CRF's displacement to meet the 440cc race-class limit. Even so, Honda's hottest-ever quad should easily have more than 40 horsepower driving the rear wheels since the CRF put out nearly 48 in our open-class motocross shootout. Like the Yamaha YFZ450, it is expected that the TRX will have a similar MSRP to the $6899 YFZ.

Yamaha claims the YFZ weighs in at just 350 pounds, so you can expect Honda is counting the ounces to meet or come under that figure. Extensive use of aluminum and magnesium is assured. Yamaha uses aluminum for the YFZ's front suspension's A-arms, swingarm, subframe, oil tank and wheels, so Honda might even go one better and use an aluminum frame like its two-wheeled brethren.

If the image Honda has sent us makes its way intact to the real machine, the new TRX has the aggressive style to match the Yamaha's wicked appearance. But just like Yamaha's YZ250F 4-stroke dirt bike beating Honda's yet-to-arrive CRF250R, the blue team has a huge head start at capturing the performance 4-stroke ATV market. While YFZs are being snapped up for several weeks already, there's no word yet as to when the TRX might be arriving at Honda dealers.

:D

popo
08-13-2003, 06:55 PM
I had lunch today with some old co-workers at Honda R&D in Ohio. I asked about the new quad and all I got was stare and dumb looks from everybody.

In respect to there employment, I did not push the issue any more.

Don't expect to get your hands on one until the 1st of the 04

Woody_YFZ
08-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
have u saw a cdale fame evar break. didnt tink so

Uh, yeah, actually it's quite common. Ever heard the saying "crackenfail", that's where it came from.

Woody_YFZ
08-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Examples

Amen to that. I hate it when I know more about the quads than the sales guy, which in my opinion happens way too often.

Dudefire607
08-13-2003, 07:28 PM
I don't no chit for specs but I bet you all a box of Krispy Kremes that you can pick one up with red plastics. :D

Evan
08-13-2003, 08:12 PM
*if you look close enough u can see the electric starter
*at least it has frame rake, unlike yamaha
*unlikely to be a pure race quad if it has lights(look at MX dirtbikes)
*plastic scoops on side for radiator
*cheap shocks=lower msrp(hopefully)
*no oil rezzy???
*looks like the crf oil sight glass and fill plug
*smaller fenders, still one peice seat and plastic, me like
*same traditional handlebar setup
*whats with the bumper-lets rocks etc hit radiator
*headlight plastic removable, slap a 250R style hood on easy, no cutting
*brakes better be dual piston(look funny in the pic)
*Overall looks- thumbs down, I think they could have done better, smoother lines like the 400ex, not the boxy crap like yamaha.

These are my observations, take them for what its worth.

Chef
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Evan
*if you look close enough u can see the electric starter
*at least it has frame rake, unlike yamaha
*unlikely to be a pure race quad if it has lights(look at MX dirtbikes)
*plastic scoops on side for radiator
*cheap shocks=lower msrp(hopefully)
*no oil rezzy???
*looks like the crf oil sight glass and fill plug
*smaller fenders, still one peice seat and plastic, me like
*same traditional handlebar setup
*whats with the bumper-lets rocks etc hit radiator
*headlight plastic removable, slap a 250R style hood on easy, no cutting
*brakes better be dual piston(look funny in the pic)
*Overall looks- thumbs down, I think they could have done better, smoother lines like the 400ex, not the boxy crap like yamaha.

These are my observations, take them for what its worth.

Ditto. :scary: :bandit:

Bill Fuller
08-14-2003, 02:06 AM
It's just a damn sketch,can you tell me what brand of air is in the tires.You guys kill me......Oh wait what kind of grips are those?:confused2

MOFO
08-14-2003, 02:55 AM
It's just a damn sketch,can you tell me what brand of air is in the tires.You guys kill me......Oh wait what kind of grips are those?:confused2

Ummm stock 400ex style tires and Oury grips. I think the air is from a Craftsman 5hp air compressor. But I cant be sure, the drawing makes it hard to tell.... :eek:

LMGDAO! :D

UglyMotha™
08-14-2003, 03:01 AM

ROFLMAO

Castor-426ex
08-14-2003, 03:03 AM
i can tell one thing

it has o s h i t su's on it:eek: :eek: :eek:

jcv400ex
08-14-2003, 03:04 AM
And chitty steel handlebars! :D

TheChknhwk
08-14-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Gabe, I don't know whether to believe that you translated that or continue laughing thinking that you're BS'ing everybody because we're so eager to gather any information about this quad that we can........lmfao:D

There is a translate option in internet explorer & it makes the english all doo doo f'd up like that.:blah: :D

jcv400ex
08-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
Uh, yeah, actually it's quite common. Ever heard the saying "crackenfail", that's where it came from.

Uh, no actually engine rails do not count.....the frame is nearly indistructable.......sorry.

Fast250EX
08-14-2003, 09:40 AM
I think I see orange shock rezzies. Don't whine, Honda will give us better than you would expect from them. They have lost respect more and more ever since the 400EX was out nearly a year. I don't think they will wait this long to screw up. Everyone has their opinion on plastic. Besides, I am willing to bet the plastics will be quite a bit different. Honda just released a not so fully developed pic just to show people they aren't twiddling their thumbs watch the new Yammi take all the glory.

I have been watching Honda close since late '98, when the 400EX debuted. Studying their lineup. Honda knows they have reliability to keep the financial clouds away but they forecasted a big storm coming and they know they have to get their chit together. Patience will pay off.;)

Fred55
08-14-2003, 10:12 AM
I heard the the front cab can be taken off and replaced with a 250R type hood from Honda!!!

trx450r
08-14-2003, 10:43 AM
I am just stoked over the whole idea of getting one of these. My '01 400 EX is getting ground down from trail riding, but never required even one repair in 300+ hard hours of dunes, rocks, washes, cinders, and every manner of punishment I could deal out.

I just got on my local waiting list for the TRX450R ! I am #6:D

Pahrump
08-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Well whenever it happens to come out I am in the number 1 spot on the list at a dealer here in Las Vegas so I will for sure be gettin it. I just think I may go ahead and buy the Yammy also (you know for the wife) LOL

Dave400ex
08-14-2003, 02:11 PM
I think I'm gonna wait a little bit to see how guys like them before I go put my name on a list or anything like that.

trx450r
08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
It makes good sense to wait until a new product has been tested and reviewed to buy it, but I was beyond ready to replace my EX and got very close to getting the YFZ. I am willing to take a chance on Honda's reputation; If they are serious about racing, and want to keep thier share of the quad segment, the TRX450R will be worth every penny.
Wether the "T-Rex" is at the top of the food chain or not will have to be determined later.

dhines
08-14-2003, 04:08 PM

I can tell you it's definitely a step up on your new "Crakenfail" nhehehheehehehehehehehehe hhohohohohohohohoohoho heheheheheehheheeheh. :devil: :devil: :devil: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Moto440
08-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I ride a Cannondale, and I think it is a great bike. No frame problems here, and I hit 60-70 footers all day. Also, not to start any crap, but I think it would be difficult to make a 400EX as durable and competitive with my Moto in MX...........I really like Hondas, but Some of the welds that come out of the factory on swing-arms, frames, and a-arms are sub-par. However, I can't say that about thier aluminum framed bikes..........

dhines
08-15-2003, 03:47 AM
Ahh, I'm just giving little Billy a hard time. I have actually always been a huge fan of Cannondale. No manufacturer in recent history has done more for our sport and they definitely produce amazing machines. If all the talk about them coming back in one form or another is true, I might even buy one myself.

MxDale71
08-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ab****
If you look at the picture closely it doesn't look like an aluminum twin spar frame!

Also, if you look at the pic closely, it doesn't have upper shock mounts... in fact the front suspension seems to be just a spring and no shock body at all.

It's just a drawing, and most actual productions don't turn out just like the drawings. Like the drawing of the Z400 before it was released... it showed it w/ only lower a-arms... that doesn't mean it's going to be like that, just a rough scetch.

Glad there's finally some good quads being released. I was worried that the trend would be the 650 class and everyone would be stuck w/ top heavy tanks that are only good for straight lines.

Out_Sider
08-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Im just hoping that Honda builds this thing to compete with the Gas Gas Wild 450, Cannidales, and the YFZ. I dont really care for the YFZ though, but it BETTER be better than the wild 450, and the Dales!!! WHich means ALuminum Frame, Bad *** motor, race ready suspension, EVERYTHING. I kinda think they should have one set up for GNCC and MX. That'd be sweeeeeeet!!

balla250ex
08-16-2003, 03:58 AM
Yea that would be nice. I hope it blows the YFZ out of the water - but it would be hard to do. We shall see.

AndrewRRR
08-16-2003, 11:45 AM
The only thing that would suck about an aluminum frame is I think the ASDRA (sand drag assoc.) still outlaws aluminum frames. Of course, this isn't a drag bike, but it would still be fun in the 4 stroke single cyl class.

dirtriderex
08-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Personally I don't really like the alluminum frame, because after every ride the inside of my knee is all bruised and banged up. But hey I'll take one over the YFZ

TGW_400ex
08-16-2003, 04:18 PM
What was out first the scetch of the 450R or the DVX?

NTPracing22
08-17-2003, 12:51 PM
DVX

Ralph
08-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
DVX

its the honda, dont listen to those guys. eaven harlen said its streight from honda... Its supposed to lok diff though

TGW_400ex
08-17-2003, 02:24 PM
I don't really care the 450R will toast that DVX anyways

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
2 things you can bet on:

2) some people will think it is the second coming of Jesus

ha ha ha :devil:

wilsonos
08-18-2003, 01:49 AM
IS IT SEPT. 10th YET.:D

wilsonos
08-18-2003, 01:50 AM
IS IT SEPT. 10th YET.:D

lildude
08-18-2003, 03:32 AM
i was talking to this guy at a dealership somewere around dayton ohio and he told me that he doesnt think it is just rumor and he has a friend at honda and his friend told him that he has seen them riding a new sport quad aluminum frame with the 450 motor is what he told me

trx440
08-18-2003, 04:18 AM
They were filming a commercial wth Tim Farr this weeekend at Winchester in Oregon. I was hoping that someone snapped a pix of it . Couple of guys saw it but didn't have cameras.

300XFST4602
08-18-2003, 06:40 AM
If you guys have noticed the spotlight has went off the new Yamaha 450 totally and went on the new HONDA , nice timing on hondas part. haha :macho

dhines
08-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Maybe - but from everything I've heard, the YFZ made a huge impact at Loretta's this last weekend. The pro production class was almost entirely Yamahas and aparently you couldn't turn around in the pits without bumping into one.

Fuller was there and he said that it was the first time he noticed that in nearly every moto (even at the pro level) the roar of four strokes dominated - when it used to be all 2-strokes. I think the bell is finally ringing for the 250R.

XANDADA
08-18-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by dhines
Maybe - but from everything I've heard, the YFZ made a huge impact at Loretta's this last weekend. The pro production class was almost entirely Yamahas and aparently you couldn't turn around in the pits without bumping into one.

Fuller was there and he said that it was the first time he noticed that in nearly every moto (even at the pro level) the roar of four strokes dominated - when it used to be all 2-strokes. I think the bell is finally ringing for the 250R.

What was byrd & little riding? Was Jones there with the R?

sparky450AR
08-18-2003, 09:32 AM

it might be ringin....but it should be dam proud...and its gotta son comin out that will take its title :cool:

dhines
08-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
What was byrd & little riding? Was Jones there with the R?

http://********.com/race-reports/gnc/loretta-lynn-gnc-03.htm

Ellis' "Oth" on the results was actually the ******** project YFZ 450.

ex kid
08-18-2003, 02:27 PM
listen to joedirt. he think he the smartest peice of sh** on here.

MxDale71
08-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Kind of off subject but the Tim Farr commercial thing just reminded me.

Most of the Yamaha advertisement shots of the YFZ 450 on the track were taken at one of the local tracks around here at Lake Whitney MX. I read that in a friends Dirt Wheels magazine and just thought that was pretty cool since that is one of our local tracks. It is a national level track and might be part of the AMA national series in 2005, but it's still a local track around here for us North East Texas guys.

Sorry, off topic I know but just wanted to mention that :blah: :)

08-18-2003, 03:19 PM
:cool:
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/reciept.jpg

08-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
DVX all i can say is...if the honda is anything like teh DVX...im getting my deposit back and getting yfz...i gave the DVX a very close look this weekend at MIS (michigan international speedway) because there was an arctic cat booth there....the a-arms are a u shape..with a tab welded on for the ball joint..the frame looked like the z400....i sat on it and laughed my *** off...

trx440
08-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Nacs27,

Did they even speculate on a price? The honda rep who was at the dealership told me his guess is $7200 maybe as low as $6900 he didn't know for sure. I've got 2 deposits down. One to ride and one to send to Sparks.

I have no choice but to buy this quad, otherwise I will have to change my screen-name and passwords on everything. For 05 they will probably bump it to a 450 and I'm SOL there too.

08-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Nacs27,

Did they even speculate on a price? The honda rep who was at the dealership told me his guess is $7200 maybe as low as $6900 he didn't know for sure. I've got 2 deposits down. One to ride and one to send to Sparks.

I have no choice but to buy this quad, otherwise I will have to change my screen-name and passwords on everything. For 05 they will probably bump it to a 450 and I'm SOL there too. he gave me the same estimate..he said he will call me with updates as soon as he gets back from the dealer show

Punk'd
08-19-2003, 12:32 AM
you kno wat i really hope this new 450 blows the new yammy out of the water cuzz im suck of honda gettin bashed around by other people like dirt wheels and there love for yammys and bomb's u kno i mean its b/s anyone ever notice how there always saying in shootouts its the yamaha... its the bomb.... that wins the shootout its always a yammy or bomb so HONDA KICK SOME ***!!!!!!!!!!!:grr: :mad: :macho

08-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by punk'd
you kno wat i really hope this new 450 blows the new yammy out of the water cuzz im suck of honda gettin bashed around by other people like dirt wheels and there love for yammys and bomb's u kno i mean its b/s anyone ever notice how there always saying in shootouts its the yamaha... its the bomb.... that wins the shootout its always a yammy or bomb so HONDA KICK SOME ***!!!!!!!!!!!:grr: :mad: :macho umm..whats up with your sig..i hope you dont think the 250r was the first quad out..becasue suzuki was in front of the 250r with the quad runners....

Punk'd
08-19-2003, 01:12 AM
y whould u think i was talking about a 250r?????? dude dont worry bout my sig and y did u copy wat i wrote that made no sence...

08-19-2003, 01:56 AM
y whould u think i was talking about a 250r?????? dude dont worry bout my sig and y did u copy wat i wrote that made no sence... i qupted you so everyone would know i was talking about you...you say honda=best...then under it you say now think who made the first quad....it makes it sound like you think honda made the first quad...thats the point i was trying to get across....

Punk'd
08-19-2003, 02:15 AM
sorry bout that

300XFST4602
08-19-2003, 02:58 AM
you kno wat i really hope this new 450 blows the new yammy out of the water cuzz im suck of honda gettin bashed around by other people like dirt wheels and there love for yammys and bomb's u kno i mean its b/s anyone ever notice how there always saying in shootouts its the yamaha... its the bomb.... that wins the shootout its always a yammy or bomb so HONDA KICK SOME ***!!!!!!!!!!!:grr: :mad: :macho

I agree

davham
08-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Call around to your local dealers and check out the big price dump on '04 400EX's!!!!!!!!!!!
There's a few in the ST.Louis area that wont budge off msrp but most are around $4299-$3999.
Going to be tough to sell a used one.

Pahrump
08-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Well I went to the dealer today to see about any new info:

My guy confirmed to me that it will be an alluminum frame, he has heard close to 43-48HP, 340-355lbs, maybe reverse, and a kick start option like the Yammi, price should be around 6900-7200, probably $6999 he said.

Also since I am here just outside of las vegas he is gonna see that I get into the show on the third day and maybe the second day.

The first day is for the big wigs only.

Well I guess that we will all see how it turns out and just exactly he knows

08-19-2003, 11:37 AM
That's exactally why I'm keeping my EX. It's paid off, reliable as all heck and will make a great backup quad to by new 450. Besides I may have to make at least 1-2 trips before we have new a-arms, swingarm and steering stems jigged up for it so it will probably be apart after break in trip. Then a set of +2 or +3 arms and
+2-+4 axle, TCS no-preload's ITP C series rims with Sand Skate 2's and Dune Tracker fronts....FMF Ti 4 exhaust and a set of Trail Tech X-bars...that should het me up and running. Boy all this setup on a quad we've never seen, but it should be good!:macho

joedirt
08-19-2003, 02:28 PM
honda honda that's all you hear I work at a f'n dealership I'm tired of you guys trying to figure this quad out. It will be in the same ball park as yami and the others yes it will probably out handle the yami just sit and wait cause it will be good just quit talkin about f'n stupid *****. write something that pretains to this topic I'm tired of redn BS I can't wait til school starts and all you little ones have to go to bed when the sreet lights come on

08-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
honda honda that's all you hear I work at a f'n dealership I'm tired of you guys trying to figure this quad out. It will be in the same ball park as yami and the others yes it will probably out handle the yami just sit and wait cause it will be good just quit talkin about f'n stupid *****. write something that pretains to this topic I'm tired of redn BS I can't wait til school starts and all you little ones have to go to bed when the sreet lights come on my bed time is 10 PM..thats 2 hours after the street lights come one:p

dirtriderex
08-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I go to bed at 10 too. Some nights I even go camping in the backyard. LOL Hey joe whats up your A**, you don't have to read this. Before you come on flamming us think does anyone give a donkeys A** what YOU think. Otherwise you do have a point:D

CHAR250R
08-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Honda rep told me today: lighter than the R, a little heavier than the YZF, Showa suspension, no reverse, didn't know how many gears, aluminum subframe, very similar swing arm to the 400ex, steel frame, grab bar and subframe are 1 piece. HRC will have a hop up kit consisting of a hotter cam, and a different exhaust tip. No HRC axles, a arms, pipes, etc. He said that only 2 exist. 1 is on a photo shoot, and the other one is being prepped for the September dealer show. Available in October. I asked about the XR650 motor in a quad frame. He said no. He also said it was faster than the Yammi. He's a Honda rep, what did you expect him to say? The cartoon picture Honda issued doesn't look like the actual quad. He was cool, not a snotty peckerhead like the rest of them. Dream on................

CHAR250R
08-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
:ermm: theres no actual facts available to anyone yet..not even dealers..except for the fact that it is coming out I doubt that.

Chef
08-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Is it even possible to be lighter than the R but heavier than the YFZ?:confused:

CHAR250R
08-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Is it even possible to be lighter than the R but heavier than the YFZ?:confused: The Honda rep said the YFZ was lighter than the R. I don't know about you, but my R is light. YFZ being the lightest, and the R being the heaviest. The 450 falls in between. Gotta get a dry weight to compare them. Anyone?:confused:

TheChknhwk
08-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
The Honda rep said the YFZ was lighter than the R. I don't know about you, but my R is light. YFZ being the lightest, and the R being the heaviest. The 450 falls in between. Gotta get a dry weight to compare them. Anyone?:confused:

You must be using the same scale as chef's girlfriend:confused: ;)

CHAR250R
08-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Stock 88 250R weighs 324 lbs dry. Dirtwheels says the YZF has a claimed dry weight of 350 lbs. Seems to me the R is a little lighter, but then again that's a Dirtwheels weight quote on the Yammi.:huh

CHAR250R
08-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk
You must be using the same scale as chef's girlfriend:confused: ;) Are you saying she's big? The big ladys need lovin' too ya know!:eek:

c250r
08-19-2003, 08:51 PM
All year 250r's were in the 320's for dry weight. I don't know what he could have meant by lighter than an R but heavier than the yfz. I hope it is as light as a 250r. I really don't want anything too much heavier.

XANDADA
08-20-2003, 01:38 AM

:eek: lol

RoadkillerRyan
08-20-2003, 04:05 AM

hah:eek2: :eek2:

WOOLIN
08-20-2003, 06:33 AM
My dale is 375 dryweight and I've picked up the 450z I think it is heavier than 350. It feels heavier than my dale.

trx450r
08-20-2003, 07:01 AM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitspecscomp.asp?lid=1&lc=atv&cid=1&mid=323

You can compare the YFZ 450 with other Yammi specs.

Would be more useful if you could enter other brands tho...

:ermm:

WOOLIN
08-20-2003, 08:36 AM
If you read what all the magazines say on the specs they say yamaha claims it is 350. They aren't claiming that it's right. Dirt Wheels even said that you can't trust the dry #'s on the Yamaha.:ermm:

08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
they are just putting something out about honda making a new quad that isnt true just to scare the yamaha riders and performance yamaha. well guess what, WE'RE NOT SCARED

08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
they are just putting something out about honda making a new quad that isnt true just to scare the yamaha riders and performance yamaha. well guess what, WE'RE NOT SCARED

08-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by RAPTOR660
they are just putting something out about honda making a new quad that isnt true just to scare the yamaha riders and performance yamaha. well guess what, WE'RE NOT SCARED if you seriously think that tyhe honda isnt coming out..then your even more retarded than i thought....if it wasnt coming out would they give al the dealers press releases?..would the dealers be taking deposits on it?and you saying that yamaha riders arent scared:ermm: no one ever said they were..but i bet you are with ur little blaster

Giz400ex
08-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by RAPTOR660
they are just putting something out about honda making a new quad that isnt true just to scare the yamaha riders and performance yamaha. well guess what, WE'RE NOT SCARED Don't mean to disappoint you but Honda WILL be releasing the 450r! My local shop does have a spec sheet and it is the 450r:D

Pahrump
08-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Don't mean to disappoint you but Honda WILL be releasing the 450r! My local shop does have a spec sheet and it is the 450r:D

I do not think that your dealer has a spec sheet, but......if he does then lets see it cause I know that quit a few folks would be interested in it.

Moto440
08-21-2003, 12:30 PM
I would bet almost anything that the new Honda will wax the Yamaha. If we are keeping score Honda=2(250r and 400EX) Yamaha=0. Like I have said before. Honda is still the dominant force on most race tracks around the country. Yamaha has never made a good race bike until now, and actually it is for the most part hype. I finally raced one, and my Moto ate it alive. Also, Yamaha should be ashamed of thier past efforts. The Craptor is one of the worst sport quads ever made. I know because I owned one, and everything on it was bunk. Axle bent, clutch fried in about 15 hours, gears busted. I could go on and on. The Craptor was also really hyped up by DirtWheels too. So, I don't hold much stock in thier long advertisements that are made to look like articles.

ATC Crazy
08-21-2003, 02:08 PM
I love Honda's but I still think that the YFZ will smoke the TRX. Too bad Honda didn't have the balls to come out with a 650 :ermm:

ATC Crazy
08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
I love Honda's but I still think that the YFZ will smoke the TRX. Too bad Honda didn't have the balls to come out with a 650 :ermm:

08-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ATC Crazy
I love Honda's but I still think that the YFZ will smoke the TRX. Too bad Honda didn't have the balls to come out with a 650 :ermm: why would you think that in the first place...there not even specs out about this quad and everyone is saying it either sucks or is the best....:ermm:

TGW_400ex
08-21-2003, 02:19 PM
This is a HONDA SITE!!! all you YAMAHA riders that want to talk CRAP about HONDAS go find a YAMAHA SITE and if the 450R eats the YFZ I will think off all this and laugh:macho

Giz400ex
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Pahrump
I do not think that your dealer has a spec sheet, but......if he does then lets see it cause I know that quit a few folks would be interested in it. OK, I'm a liar!!! If they would give me a spec sheet, I would gladly show it to everyone but a dealer is NOT gonna give me a copy of a spec sheet.

08-21-2003, 02:50 PM
with all the B.S in this thread im starting to think everyone here has their own private test version of the trx:o

cjpoole1
08-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Moto440
I would bet almost anything that the new Honda will wax the Yamaha. If we are keeping score Honda=2(250r and 400EX) Yamaha=0. Like I have said before. Honda is still the dominant force on most race tracks around the country. Yamaha has never made a good race bike until now, and actually it is for the most part hype. I finally raced one, and my Moto ate it alive. Also, Yamaha should be ashamed of thier past efforts. The Craptor is one of the worst sport quads ever made. I know because I owned one, and everything on it was bunk. Axle bent, clutch fried in about 15 hours, gears busted. I could go on and on. The Craptor was also really hyped up by DirtWheels too. So, I don't hold much stock in thier long advertisements that are made to look like articles.
Don't take this in a negative way but that guy must not of been a very good rider cause Yamaha did pretty good in my book at Loretta's. Heres the top ten Pro Production results.

Pro Production
Finish Number Brand License # Name City,State Moto 1 Moto 2 Moto 3 Points
1 53 Yam 465677 Kory Ellis Longview, WA 2 1
2 55 Suz A003474 Doug Gust Salem, WI 1 2
3 13 Yam A004273 John Natalie Jr Houtzdale, PA 3 3
4 6 Yam A002805 Tavis Cain Mckinleyville, CA 4 4
5 16 Yam A004153 Johnny Hale Owasso, OK 5 6
6 19 Yam A006484 Jason Dukelberger Trevorton, PA 7 5
7 81 Yam 493462 Justin Norman Shelby, NC 8 8
8 64 Can A004369 Josh Starrett Scottsville, KY 9 9
9 152 Oth AT57812 Jeff Robbins Montgomery City, MO 12 7
10 962 Suz 548962 Chris Petty Cunningham, TN 13 10

dirtriderex
08-21-2003, 04:02 PM
This is rediculas, No one knows anything, not even what it looks like, just the engine displacement. But I would put money down on the trx. You can't compare race results only specs. B/C alot of it has to do with the rider. All you yami riders, it's great your a member, but lets just wait and put our money where our mouth is :devil:

300EX_HMF
08-21-2003, 04:19 PM
close ratio 5-speed

goin2shock
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Don't take this in a negative way but that guy must not of been a very good rider cause Yamaha did pretty good in my book at Loretta's. Heres the top ten Pro Production results.

Pro Production
ewww that really sucks no red?!?!?!?!!?

Moto440
08-21-2003, 05:06 PM
There may have been a lot of Yamahas at nationals. I am suprised there are any Cannondales there at all. Cannondale is dead for now, and it is a lost cause. I know a national racer, and he told me that I have to ride what I sell, so there are going to be plenty of Yamahas at nationals. And when I speak of Honda's success. I am speaking historically, and I guarentee they will be back.

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ATC Crazy

if honda decided to make a 650 rather than a 450 i would laugh my *** off, then go buy a yamaha 450. tell me how many raptors you see pros riding....hell i never even heard of one:confused2

03GNCC270
08-22-2003, 04:39 AM
http://www.4wheelatv.com/club.asp

LOOK AT THIS

08-22-2003, 04:45 AM
that tells me nothing....there guessing just like the rest of us and hoping for the best...they have no real info..or real pics..njust like the rest of us.

wilkin250r
08-22-2003, 07:02 AM

Pro Production

I'd be interested to know how many of them are aftermarket frames based on the Honda 250r or 400EX geometry.

dhines
08-22-2003, 07:21 AM
As I understand it, almost all of the "Yam's" were new YFZ's with stock frames.

08-22-2003, 07:40 AM
As I understand it, almost all of the "Yam's" were new YFZ's with stock frames. and the yfz's frame is based on hondas geometry:)

Fred55
08-22-2003, 07:58 AM
I'd be interested to know how many of them are aftermarket frames based on the Honda 250r or 400EX geometry.
Its the Pro Production class, so the frames have to be stock!

Scottie Mac
08-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
and the yfz's frame is based on hondas geometry:)

OK, I have to call bull$hit. I have had 3 Hondas, 2 of which were 250Rs, one stock framed and one aftermarket. The new YFZ handles way better than the original stock framed 250Rs. And saying the new Yamaha is "based" on 250R geometry is like saying the 250R is "based" on LT250 geometry. All sport style quads are similar in their geometry. I loved my Hondas, they were both great, top to bottom. But, I am willing to give credit were it is due, and Yamaha built the quad ALL of you have been crying for. Now you want to whine and cry because it is not a Honda? Grow up. I work in school districts and this thread reminds me of the arguments I hear in elementary schools...

"... my daddy makes more money than your daddy...."

replace daddy with quad and replace money with power, familiar?

One more thing, some of you seem to be upset that anyone other than Honda makes quads at all, like they stole the idea of quads from Honda. Honda didn't start the quad revolution, suzuki did. Like i said, get over it.

Scott

250R (stock framed - loved it, sold it)
265R (all aftermarket - loved it, sold it)
Polaris Predator (pretty much stock, love it)
YZ426 Lonestar quad (love it)

About the only thing I haven't owned is a Suzuki, and it they were to bring out the end all to end all quads, I would probably buy one. Not because I am a Suzuki guy, but because I am a nonbrand loyal quad guy

08-22-2003, 08:12 AM
i dont recall saying it was based on the 250r..simply stating that it was based on hondas design..but obviously is superior to it....

dhines
08-22-2003, 08:32 AM
OK, I have to call bull$hit. I have had 3 Hondas, 2 of which were 250Rs, one stock framed and one aftermarket. The new YFZ handles way better than the original stock framed 250Rs. And saying the new Yamaha is "based" on 250R geometry is like saying the 250R is "based" on LT250 geometry. All sport style quads are similar in their geometry. I loved my Hondas, they were both great, top to bottom. But, I am willing to give credit were it is due, and Yamaha built the quad ALL of you have been crying for. Now you want to whine and cry because it is not a Honda? Grow up. I work in school districts and this thread reminds me of the arguments I hear in elementary schools...

One more thing, some of you seem to be upset that anyone other than Honda makes quads at all, like they stole the idea of quads from Honda. Honda didn't start the quad revolution, suzuki did. Like i said, get over it.

Scott

About the only thing I haven't owned is a Suzuki, and it they were to bring out the end all to end all quads, I would probably buy one. Not because I am a Suzuki guy, but because I am a nonbrand loyal quad guy

Word.

Pappy
08-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Word.

oh god:devil: :blah:

08-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Word. to your mother:o

86atc250r
08-22-2003, 09:44 AM
And saying the new Yamaha is "based" on 250R geometry is like saying the 250R is "based" on LT250 geometry

What?!

An LT250R frame is nothing like a TRX250R frame.

Actually, in critical areas the YFZ and your typical Honda design are very similar areas - coincidence? I think not.

You can be guaranteed they looked very closely at some 400EX and 250R chassis's when designing this quad. That's why it's handling is being compared to a 250R and not a Banshee or Raptor (which deviate significantly from Honda's basic layout - just like an LT250R does)

Everyone needs to chill.... Honda people saying the TRX450R will be vastly superior, and you new owner YFZ nazi's as well. It's great that Yamaha finally got off their butts and built something worth buying. Honda's is just around the corner, I'm sure it will be a significant step ahead as well.

Only time will tell which is the "better" quad - heck, neither may be a better quad - if we're lucky in the near future we might be like dirtbikes where it doesn't matter what color you ride, they're all good & they only improve every year.

It's never been like that in the past with quads, either you rode Honda or you put yourself at a very serious disadvantage....

ranger400ex
08-22-2003, 10:02 AM
PSST...hey Gabe....or a ATKDale.:macho :macho

Ben

Moto440
08-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Ya, they are stock frames, but they are ripped apart and put back together. Gusseted, reinforced, powdercoated. You ever see the giant pieces Lonestar welds into those frames for extra support? They are 10 times better than the frames that come on stock bikes, but I do see your point.

Dave400ex
08-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I just think everybody needs to quit posting what they so call heard from a good source, and just wait for Sept 10th. Personally if it doesn't have electric start I won't be happy, but I think they will do it like Yamaha and let you make it a kicker.

400ex45
08-22-2003, 10:56 AM

Scott

for one thing look at what site you are at it is called exriders which in other words is honda riders so most people on this site love hondas. and if you dont like to read about all of this stuff then dont. and another thing is you say the NEW yamaha handles better then the OLD r well it better because they had over 10 years to improve it and they just know did it.

cjpoole1
08-22-2003, 01:02 PM
That was the Pro Production class so they were all factory frames

TGW_400ex
08-23-2003, 07:17 AM

Pro Production

What is Oth?:huh

Moto440
08-23-2003, 07:42 AM
your probably right........

trx450r
08-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex

What is Oth?:huh [/B]

I think it is the politically correct way to write "polaris";)

cjpoole1
08-23-2003, 11:51 AM
that other was a cannondale

hondafox440
08-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by trx450r
I think it is the politically correct way to write "polaris";)

Heh, but POS is a better representation..