PDA

View Full Version : 2006 ATVA MX Nationals Round #1 – Glen Helen - Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3]

400grl
02-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey!! Maybe that means we get to keep Dana in the ITP Quadcross Series!!! :) HI MRS. CREECH!!!! :)

Jersey450R
02-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm just wondering when Harlen is going to put the coverage up...:confused:

Perpetrate
02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by yogi
jones was running a fox shock,fox linkage,& stock swingarm. the tabs that connect the link to the swingarm broke, causing the shock to break, the linkage is probally the last thing to break, but look for a walsh swingarm on jones bike for texas.

Houser linkage, Fox does not make a linkage.

The swing arm was bent 1" from the 1st moto crash which caused the frame tabs to brake under the added stress which caused the shock shaft to break at the clevis.

CdaleXtreme
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Perpetrate
Houser linkage, Fox does not make a linkage.

okay so lets get this straight.....Walsh chassis products, Fox Suspension....Houser Linkage? :huh

ShiftRacr400
02-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Its a Walsh Linkage. I just got off the phone with Brenda at Walsh. I have the linkage and a arms on order for the LT-R.

Jersey450R
02-07-2006, 11:02 AM
1st race on the LTR450 = bent swingarm, broken frame, and destroyed shock.

Right outta da box baby! :o

Perpetrate
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Sorry I ment Walsh not Houser, my bad.

Not sure if they will run the stock swing arm next race or a Walsh arm. I do not think the stock arm and axle are going to be stong enough for these guys

TWISTED
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R

Right after it was plowed into by 650lbs going 40 mph.

Perpetrate
02-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Plus a 3rd overall!

TWISTED
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Perpetrate
Plus a 3rd overall!

Hell yeah!!!!

CdaleXtreme
02-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Whats wrong with Suzuki, dont they know that these are dangerous times we live in. I think the LTR should be designed to take mortar, and RPG blasts, and continue on their misson.

If an LTR cant survive an impact with a Flyin Byrd, and his trusty 450R unscathed, then it is junk....Right?

For the first time in a true race tested situation, I think the LTR was did very well.

QuadJunkies
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I cant WAIT to se the Helmet Cam clips !!!:cool:

Blue, you already have a vidoe host or do you need one for your video Coverage??Bring me the mini DV to work tongiht and Ill have them up for you tomorrow :D

coryatver
02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
What happen to tim farr? I heard he had problems with the kick start?

FHKracingZ
02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
it sure wont do as bad as the yfz's twenty some DNF's the first , 2nd , and 3rd year in the pro class.

hsr
02-07-2006, 02:13 PM

hsr
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R

You are an idiot. Ok now that I got that out of the way...suzuki is busting their arse here, do you not think buy running these stock parts on the highest level of atv competition on the face of the earth is saying something in itself? How many stock trx and yfz swingarms and axles there are on the gate? I can count them all on one hand. It's not really so much a matter of whether gust and jones are winning right now, it's what Suzuki is doing for the sport. A factory rig, factory mechanics, TRUE factory quads with those racing them getting paid a true factory salary. Nonetheless, Suzuki trying their *** off to produce something that is going to make this sport a hell of a lot less forgiving on yours and my wallets. Do you think Suzuki is just going to sit back and let broken parts and DNF's happen? Hell no ... they are going to go back to the drawing board and assess the situation and do everything in their power from letting it happen again. Stuff like this is what is going to make this sport progress and fill out to how really popular it is, and is going to be for years to come. They have a lot of time and money invested to win a championship, and they truly give a rat's *** about the consumer. Everything is going to have the bugs worked out of it in it's first go around. Look at the 04 Yamis, all you had to do was look at one and something would break on it, and some our trusty 05 hondas were eating cranks like there was no tomorrow. Hey if you would like to buy a brand new yfz or trx and put anywhere from $3,000-$10,000 into one to make it 'race ready' then more power to ya. For me , i think i'll buy the new zook and practically have all of that for a third of the cost.

;)

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by hsr
You are an idiot. Ok now that I got that out of the way...suzuki is busting their arse here, do you not think buy running these stock parts on the highest level of atv competition on the face of the earth is saying something in itself? How many stock trx and yfz swingarms and axles there are on the gate? I can count them all on one hand. It's not really so much a matter of whether gust and jones are winning right now, it's what Suzuki is doing for the sport. A factory rig, factory mechanics, TRUE factory quads with those racing them getting paid a true factory salary. Nonetheless, Suzuki trying their *** off to produce something that is going to make this sport a hell of a lot less forgiving on yours and my wallets. Do you think Suzuki is just going to sit back and let broken parts and DNF's happen? Hell no ... they are going to go back to the drawing board and assess the situation and do everything in their power from letting it happen again. Stuff like this is what is going to make this sport progress and fill out to how really popular it is, and is going to be for years to come. They have a lot of time and money invested to win a championship, and they truly give a rat's *** about the consumer. Everything is going to have the bugs worked out of it in it's first go around. Look at the 04 Yamis, all you had to do was look at one and something would break on it, and some our trusty 05 hondas were eating cranks like there was no tomorrow. Hey if you would like to buy a brand new yfz or trx and put anywhere from $3,000-$10,000 into one to make it 'race ready' then more power to ya. For me , i think i'll buy the new zook and practically have all of that for a third of the cost.

;)

I couldn't of said it better myself!

seven
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Ill give it 6 months then decide if its junk or not. I am hoping not becouse then I will buy one. Every brand has good and bad.

dudeonit
02-07-2006, 03:39 PM
All I know is Natalie, Byrd, Little Jones, and Gust were very fast and the race could have gone to any of these guys barring bike problems.

Yes, Jones Suzuki let him down as well as Nat's seat but all those guys were FLYING, no matter what brand they were on.

From what I saw, all of these guys are so close on speed, it could be anybody's championship to take.

DNF's , bike problems, crashes are going to decide this one.

None of the machines looked to have any advantage motor or chassis-wise.

I will say one thing. That stock LTZ exhaust with the restrictor sounds like SH%^$T. In the stock LTX promo race one had the restricter out and it sounded great. The others made you want to plug your ears. VERY unique sound, YUCK!!!

Still working on the video thing.

EngelstadFQX
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
A little bird tells me a video will be posted very soon...keep your eyez open ya racer punks!
Bartman

T Creech
02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually Dana's Dad is his mechanic and he definitely was aware of a potential problem with certain bolts backing out or becoming loose in the 06. He replaced all bolts that were thought to have issues with Motion Pro product and used red-lock tite on them as well. Evidently there was another bolt deep in the transmission that worked itself loose. We still have to tear it down to know for certain, but that is what we suspect.

Dana's mechanic/dad is very thorough with his wrenching. He seldom leaves anything untouched or unprepared on Dana's quad. It's a matter of personal pride for him in workmanship and safety of his child at risk.

T Creech
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
and, HI Cory! I should see you a few times in the ITP series as well. Missed you last weekend. You would have done well.

hoopd450
02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
why isn't all this crap in the discussion section where it belongs. i would just like to see the race coverage and not have to read a bunch of smack talk from guys who are just trying to degrade some of the most talented, hardest working people in the sport. stuff breaks and everyone has a bad day sometime. get over it.

Dan_Guetter
02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Video is up on the homepage for you guys who wanted to see some action

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Video is up on the homepage for you guys who wanted to see some action
Were??? I can't find anything?

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 10:10 PM
nevermind!

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 10:14 PM
That video was awesome!!! BIG PROPS!!!!!!

Dan_Guetter
02-07-2006, 10:16 PM
:)

Dan_Guetter
02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
We'll there is a limit on how much footage from the nationals can be put on the internet these days...so the gang and I figured for the 2 min limit we have, lets make it to the point and fun to watch....

So this is what we came up with, i only had Harlens handy cam to work with...but we made it work...took a lot of rocks to the head...but it was worth it!

Dan Guetter

Admin
02-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
We'll there is a limit on how much footage from the nationals can be put on the internet these days...so the gang and I figured for the 2 min limit we have, lets make it to the point and fun to watch....

So this is what we came up with, i only had Harlens handy cam to work with...but we made it work...took a lot of rocks to the head...but it was worth it!

Dan Guetter

You knocking my high dollar equipment, lol. I take things one step at a time. As I generate more videos, the better the equipment that I will purchase.

Awesome job with the video even with my junk equipment, lol.

MXRACER86
02-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Will there be video coverage for every race?

komik
02-07-2006, 11:42 PM
The 1st Moto Crash was crazy on top of the hill. Farr and Jones got together that started the whole chain reaction. Jones got high sided by the impact and set him right into the crowd of on coming quads as did Farr. Farr was able to stay on the bike but Jones got tank slapped and fell off the bike right in front of Byrd. Who just narrowly missed him. Gust was right behind Byrd who managed to sneek past as Farr came right into his path. Gust and Farr then collided, which actually straighted Farr back out. Dunk then appeared to rear end Dana. Lawson went to the inside to miss the break check of Dunk. Which then pushed Wimmer to the inside of the turn. Jones fell to the ground and Byrd just missed running him over. Jones bike the turned back toward the inside of the turn into the on coming racers. The bike then collected Lawson, Wimmer, Nelson, Cain and Spader. Spader appeared to of turned Nelson into Jones bike as he pushed them down the track sideways. Jones was up quickly and playing frogger to get back to his bike. Natalie and Little were ahead of the wreck and probably didn't even know it happened. Gust somehow navigated through missing both Jones and his ghost riden bike on two seperate occasions. Farr got straighted out and made it thru just behind Gust, followed by Luburgh.

All this in a matter of 1-2 seconds. Only reason I know that is cause my camera shoots 3 frames a second.

Atkins
02-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by hsr
Nonetheless, Suzuki trying their *** off to produce something that is going to make this sport a hell of a lot less forgiving on yours and my wallets.

:huh You sure about that???:p

Davids440ex
02-08-2006, 06:13 AM
does anyone know anyother web sites that has pictures from glen helen, there were people taking pics in everyturn, some one has got to have my crash

Jersey450R
02-08-2006, 06:31 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2058370

WALSH! linkage.

atvmx14
02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but byrd is on an '05 trx

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing01glenhelen/images/KE2F0377.jpg

400grl
02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by komik
The 1st Moto Crash was crazy on top of the hill. Farr and Jones got together that started the whole chain reaction. Jones got high sided by the impact and set him right into the crowd of on coming quads as did Farr. Farr was able to stay on the bike but Jones got tank slapped and fell off the bike right in front of Byrd. Who just narrowly missed him. Gust was right behind Byrd who managed to sneek past as Farr came right into his path. Gust and Farr then collided, which actually straighted Farr back out. Dunk then appeared to rear end Dana. Lawson went to the inside to miss the break check of Dunk. Which then pushed Wimmer to the inside of the turn. Jones fell to the ground and Byrd just missed running him over. Jones bike the turned back toward the inside of the turn into the on coming racers. The bike then collected Lawson, Wimmer, Nelson, Cain and Spader. Spader appeared to of turned Nelson into Jones bike as he pushed them down the track sideways. Jones was up quickly and playing frogger to get back to his bike. Natalie and Little were ahead of the wreck and probably didn't even know it happened. Gust somehow navigated through missing both Jones and his ghost riden bike on two seperate occasions. Farr got straighted out and made it thru just behind Gust, followed by Luburgh.

All this in a matter of 1-2 seconds. Only reason I know that is cause my camera shoots 3 frames a second.

YOU GOT PICS???? When will they be posted?

jcv400ex
02-08-2006, 10:18 AM
The video of the race was so,so......I'd be happier if it was in the content of what it was last year, cut out the music, lets hear the motors....and the dial up version was even slow for me at work on a T1 line. :(

I guess you can't please everyone, but atleast you have something to complain about because it sure beats nothing, and I personally like it since we are only limited to two minutes of race footage from the entire race.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
The video of the race was so,so......I'd be happier if it was in the content of what it was last year, cut out the music, lets hear the motors....and the dial up version was even slow for me at work on a T1 line. :(

At least someone managed to take the time to do ANY at all... !!! :)

I know a gal who done alot of vido and pics and Ill post the link here when she gets it done .

komik
02-08-2006, 01:35 PM
400grl...I got lots of photos as usual, but my websites are still down so its really causing a problem right now. I am working on getting them moved to another location. So hopefully soon.

T Creech
02-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I have a lot of photos from this past weekend. I am not sure what crash you are referring to. I do have the crash from pro-quaifier 1.

komik
02-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I was referring to this one that was in the Pro Moto 1 on Sunday on top of the first hill...sorry don't know the name of the hill. I got an aerial shot from the Top of Mt Saint Helens of the whole thing unfolding.

Here was Harlens view of it.

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing01glenhelen/images/KE2F0193.jpg

400grl
02-08-2006, 06:07 PM
That would be Mt. Shoei - just before Mt. St. Helens......

BlueZ440
02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
that hill is cool with the rythem section in it.. The bad thing is if you go wide u get a chit load of people trying to pass you but u carry more speed...

I have my race on video and u can see 4 or so quads sneak in and then I just pass them all going up..:D

MXRACER86
02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
that hill is cool with the rythem section in it.. The bad thing is if you go wide u get a chit load of people trying to pass you but u carry more speed...

I have my race on video and u can see 4 or so quads sneak in and then I just pass them all going up..:D
let's see the video!!!!!

BlueZ440
02-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I can't host anything...but I will try my hardest to get over to QJ house or work and get the video to her

yogi
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by atvmx14

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006atvamxracing01glenhelen/images/KE2F0377.jpg

well it might be somthing like mcgrath riding a 93 cr250 til 97 ya think?? if u like somthing & it works.why change.

yogi
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by atvmx14

well it might be somthing like mcgrath riding a 93 cr250 til 97 ya think?? if u like somthing & it works.why change.

quad71
02-08-2006, 07:37 PM
check out spaders tail pipe on fire.

QuadJunkies
02-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I can't host anything...but I will try my hardest to get over to QJ house or work and get the video to her

Get your lil Brown *** ova here and Ill get it up for you!:D :p ;)

Admin
02-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Get your lil Brown *** ova here and Ill get it up for you!:D :p ;)

Better watch the way you phrase your statements:huh

QuadJunkies
02-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Admin
Better watch the way you phrase your statements:huh

LOL That did kinda sound bad didnt it! :eek: :p

Hiram, you know what I meant... :D ;)

CdaleXtreme
02-09-2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/atvamx/200601pileup.jpg

Look at spaders exhuast! Are those flames?

MXRACER86
02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/atvamx/200601pileup.jpg

Look at spaders exhuast! Are those flames?
Indeed they are!:macho

BlueZ440
02-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL That did kinda sound bad didnt it! :eek: :p

Hiram, you know what I meant... :D ;)

oh I know what you meant alright:D