Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Duvall's new Quad???

Chad already has the best ride besides Bill B. As far as for the new yamaha I was not impressed. So far if I had to pay for a new Pro-production racer I would buy the GAS GAS 450, it has everything that a GNCC'er need's,great shock's,tire's,big gas tank,good power,super handling,long swing arm,alum. skid's,anti-vibe stem,very EZ clutch and the best brake's I have ever had on any atv.If Chad like's it half as much as I do everyone is in for a big surprize when we come back from the break.

Mickey - could you expand on what you didnt like about the yamaha?

thanks

Originally posted by cinigen9
    Mickey - could you expand on what you didnt like about he yamaha?

thanks
    yes, i would like to hear what you have to say about the yfz, personally i could never own anything called a gas-gas..sounds like some little kids toy

Did you guys see where GasGas quoted exriders:

He also just posted on exriders that pro production rider Brad Marci (Gncc #29and currently 18 overall and 7 in the pro production class) is going to race a GasGas 450 at Wisp (round 9 Gncc Jun 28). The quad is the one Chad Duvall will be racing later in the season. Brad is going to do some testing it for Chad since his YFZ450 if not ready yet. So Brad will know first hand which machine is better after he races both the GasGas and YFZ. Be interesting to see which one he likes better

hahaha thats so cool...atleast we know they care about us.
    HI GAS GAS!!! wahooooo i feel like im on tv holding up a sign

First of all, on the new Yamaha the angle of the front A-arms is such where you will have to run the first part of your suspension extremely soft for the little bumps which will cause rolling in the corners compared to a Honda or a Gas Gas and even the Suzuki that are laid back farther at an angle that allows the suspension to be stiffer but yet soak up the small bumps. The handlebar to seat relationship felt like I was riding a Breeze instead of a full size machine. The footpegs were very high so I felt scrunched up on the machine. Maybe it's built for people 5 foot and under but I was very uncomfortable on it. Motor-wise, it has little or no flywheel and was very easy to stall on a smooth moto-cross let alone a rocky, rutted out cross-country course. The motor lacked torque and has little or no way of making a big, torqy motor out of it except for maybe an 80 over piston which is only going to make it stall even easier and with the small battery that's not going to be a good thing if you have to start it all the time. I am sure with a higher steering stem and maybe some Pro Pegs that are lowered the machine might feel better but the handling and the motor are going to be a bigger obstacle for cross-country riders. Everyone that has ridden the Gas Gas was very comfortable on it and adapted to it quickly.

I have a few questions about the Gas-Gas machines....

Q)I hear they come 52' wide . I also heard it is ajustable to 48' or something :confused2 . Im wondering how well the stock width (or widths) will do for cross country racing? Im sure Duvall's bike will be mostly aftermarket, but how well will it do mostly stock?

Q) I thought I saw somewhere that a Gas-Gas 450 was about 407 pounds (dry weight). If this is true, Do these machines feel very heavy to throw around or a bit harder to control than the lighter bikes??

Thanks......
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

Sounds like we may be seeing Chad Duvall on a Gas Gas this fall, damn Honda is loosing another great rider/racer.

The front is at 48" now on Chad's GAS GAS but we run his Honda at 47" and we would like to have the GAS GAS down to 46" so we should have the World Class arm's this week to try. At the WISP and other GNCC race's 48" would have been fine. Chad's GAS GAS is going to be stock for the most part,that's the reason we wanted to work with them, it's the best right off the show room floor! I have not put it on the scale's yet because riding it , it did'nt seem heavy so I did'nt even think about it. Two more thing's I liked about it was NO molded,rivited warning tags on the fender's where you need to put your sticker's and when you clean the plastic with gas to get the gummy stuff off and acetone to clean the gas off the plastic it still look's new! I know that may not seem like a big deal to some people but I like my team to look it's best every race.

Hey Mickey, why not a dale? Parts are easier to get now than when they were in production. Have you or Chad had some quality seat time on one?

Ben
    GNCC #424
    2006 Sponsors
    Kenda, Hiper, GT Thunder, Stadium Suspension, Maier, BK Performance, GCD "Tinner" Products, Generation X, Santor Racing, FOUR, SixSixOne, HellBound Racing, Black Widow ATV, FASST Co, Tireballs, ASV, XC Gear, Scott, Proclean, PrographX, Streamline, PRM

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast