PDA

View Full Version : Moto-Mouth and EDT series



motomouthkb
09-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Everyone!
It's Kevin Bailey, the 2009 EDT series announcer. I will not be at the last round of the Extreme Dirt Track series. Some cutbacks were made for the last round due to the lack of riders. I want to thank you all for accepting me into your family and I want to say that I will REALLY miss the last round! What a series finale! I came into this series not really knowing enough about the series, (or Quad TT racing in general,) but with the help of many I hit the ground running and I hope I did a good job for you, (the riders, the promoters and the fans!) Now this Extreme Dirt Track is in me, it's in my blood and I can't get over it! The racing this year has been great, from the 50s to the Pros. This brings me to my second point.

We need to expand this series or watch it die, and I for one DO NOT want to see that happen. New corporate sponsors are needed and the promoters have to get some financial help also. A couple of ideas come to mind:
1.) We need to put together an impressive video to present to possible sponsors and track owners. This means we need lots of great video footage and professional video editing. If anyone has good video footage available and if anyone can help with video editing let me know.
2.) We need more tracks, especially on the coasts and other high population areas, to help sell this unique form of racing to the masses. The videos will help, but we need everyone to become a salesman and diplomat for this racing. Share your ideas!!!
3.) TV. Television would help the promoters recoup some money for promotion of the races. TV also will help swell the rider numbers and help the riders themselves with sponsors.

Alright, that's enough for right now. A group of us will try to get to ATVA Congress and top corporate sponsors this fall, but we need you to help with ideas and services. I may be new to this but I want it to work and hopefully so do you! Thanks and I hope to make it to the banquet. Good luck next weekend. Ride fast and take chances! Moto-MouthKB
:D

palot
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
this sounds really good .. I copy and pasted it over on atvnc.com you may also want to check out that web site we have alot of the EDT riders who post there...


Thank you for everything you did for us this year, it was really nice meeting you and hanging out some , we will miss you at the last round ..

from the # 25 team Chuckie Creech

motomouthkb
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank you team Creech, you guys are some of my favorites! All the abuse you guys took from me!!!! Chuckie I expect a podium at this last race, from what I hear it's a go-cart track so horseepower has nothing to do with the finish. DO IT and make me proud! See Y'all. Wish I could be there! MMKB

palot
09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
you know you could just come anyway and hang out like the rest of us .. you know we would be glad to see you .

schl48
09-27-2009, 06:26 AM
i miss robby whitehead, period.

atvracer33
09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the compliment SCHL48,I difenitly missed all of you guys this year it was harder than you probably would ever beleive for me not to be a part of the seriers after 7 years to cold turkey I taught I would Die.Good luck to all my EDT gang and hope for the best in 2010.
Robby

#404's Dad
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by schl48
i miss robby whitehead, period.

Who is Robby Whitehead, I have not heard of him? Racer, Staff or?

palot
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
Who is Robby Whitehead, I have not heard of him? Racer, Staff or?


you are kidding right ?

Robbie Whitehead is a promotor who wear's EDT racing in his heart, He is the best person any rider could have fighting for them, he is a promotor who honestly cares about the riders and not the bottom line, he is straight up, honest and I have not meet a rider who does not trust him. he is a promotor that most riders have his cell phone number in their wallet because he really cares about hearing from them and helping them in anyway he can..

If you have ever been to Elizabeth City ( Dixieland) you have seen and heard Robby Whitehead. He is the announcer there and the one running around all over the place to make sure things are running smooth at the same time always taking the time to joke and talk with the riders..

Just not sure what else to say but I'm sure I missed something..

#404's Dad
09-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by palot
you are kidding right ?

Robbie Whitehead is a promotor who wear's EDT racing in his heart, He is the best person any rider could have fighting for them, he is a promotor who honestly cares about the riders and not the bottom line, he is straight up, honest and I have not meet a rider who does not trust him. he is a promotor that most riders have his cell phone number in their wallet because he really cares about hearing from them and helping them in anyway he can..

If you have ever been to Elizabeth City ( Dixieland) you have seen and heard Robby Whitehead. He is the announcer there and the one running around all over the place to make sure things are running smooth at the same time always taking the time to joke and talk with the riders..

Just not sure what else to say but I'm sure I missed something..

No not kidding at all, only been doing this for two seasons, been to the NC track once but never met him and cannot say I have heard of him which is why I asked who he was lol.

Sounds like a heck of a guy from your post, He was a Promoter in general for the series or just for the NC track , not sure how all that works.

Where was he this year, sounds like someone we need involved with the series.


Thanks

palot
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
yes we do need him in the series, I think he was one of the postive things that we had going for our sport thats why we were fighting so hard last year not to loose Elizabeth City..but some of the other promotors thought it was more important to try and cut down the travel rather than keep a track, crew, that gave 150% to our sport.. I know times are hard and peoples money is tight but when I think that we lost Elizabeth City just to go to Tenn. it really makes me sick.. yea it cut some people drive time down 4 or 5 hours but was it really worth it ?? alot of folks would just take a couple of extra days and spend at the beach while they were there.. It was a great track , a great crew , They took the time to set up a huge tent so the riders waiting in staging would not have to sit in the sun plus had barrells filled with ice and water so if the riders needed something to drink while they were waiting and they did all kinds of small things like this for the riders on there own out of there own pockets.. I dont know about you but to me going to an event were I feel like they are giving 100% and really care that we are there is worth the extra drive..

I hope oneday you get to meet Robbie and the Elizabeth City crew and then you will be saying the sametings i have just told you ..

#404's Dad
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by palot
yes we do need him in the series, I think he was one of the postive things that we had going for our sport thats why we were fighting so hard last year not to loose Elizabeth City..but some of the other promotors thought it was more important to try and cut down the travel rather than keep a track, crew, that gave 150% to our sport.. I know times are hard and peoples money is tight but when I think that we lost Elizabeth City just to go to Tenn. it really makes me sick.. yea it cut some people drive time down 4 or 5 hours but was it really worth it ?? alot of folks would just take a couple of extra days and spend at the beach while they were there.. It was a great track , a great crew , They took the time to set up a huge tent so the riders waiting in staging would not have to sit in the sun plus had barrells filled with ice and water so if the riders needed something to drink while they were waiting and they did all kinds of small things like this for the riders on there own out of there own pockets.. I dont know about you but to me going to an event were I feel like they are giving 100% and really care that we are there is worth the extra drive..

I hope oneday you get to meet Robbie and the Elizabeth City crew and then you will be saying the sametings i have just told you ..

Yeah we were at Dixieland last season and we went to the Beach for a few days afterwords too, it was a nice place, loved the tent for sure!! The track was a bit funky and it was super dusty with them not watering it but for the most part I thought it was a good round.

palot
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
last year was a little different than any other year but the ones who knew what was going on understood, see we also run our local series there and 2 weeks prior to the national at one of our local events we had a rider who when he was going in to the sweeper hit the wall and was killed , everyone thinks that something on the front end of his bike broke but no ones knows for sure.. anyway out of respect for him and his family Robbie did not run the sweeper in the national so he had to work it the way he could leaving the sweeper out .. he caught alot of slack for that but he did what he felt was right and did tell everyone that the sweeper would be put back in .. I was one of the ones who did not like the track that way but I did understand..

so please dont judge Elizabeth City from last year because it was a little different as far as the track .. but you can ask anyone and you will not find many people at all who has not been happy with the Elizabeth City track in the past..

atvracer33
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the kind words from every one,I truely do miss each and every rider not only did i do Dixieland Speedway but Ive also been lucky enough to be part of the announcing staff at Danvile rounds as well as Penn. and have popped in at OH. a couple of times threw out the years. I do honestly love watching the youth riders progress threw the classes and grow up year after year and that really is the future of our sport.Not to menchin the new crop of new pros to take over after Timmy and Shane left.It just about killed me when I learned that we were getting cut out of the Nationals after 7 years of good racing and I will say the crew at Elezabeth City was honored to have a Nat. in thier town and to be one of only a few in the country was a hard pill to swallow, but we do wish everyone the best in 2010 and be safe.
Robby