Thread: Just brought home a 2006 Jialing Redcat MPX-70 70cc for my Son

Just brought home a 2006 Jialing Redcat MPX-70 70cc for my Son

I moved up my son from a Kazuma Meerkat 50cc to this Jialing Redcat MPX-70 70cc Quad. The previous owner did a hack paint job on the front push bar, front plastic piece and handlebar stem. So, the first thing was to limit the throttle while my son gets used to it. After a fun day with it, I removed all the said parts for a re-paint.

I also removed the chrome exhaust and chrome handlebars. I hate chrome on ATV's, so I sanded them down so the paint would adhere to it and painted the Exhaust high temp flat black, Handle bars with black trim paint, all other pieces got a fresh coat of Semi-Gloss black paint after a thorough sanding job.

Had some time after work to reinstall all the parts I painted up. I just need to address the Seat Bracket issue and remove some of those stupid stickers and put some normal ones on there.

Are there larger 3 hole pattern rims that will fit this model? I will need tires soon but would rather put larger ones on. Anyone done this?

Last night, I took apart the rear brake drum to try and fix a squeeling issue. I thought the shoes were low or bad. Ended up, they look fine. I scuffed the shoes and drum up and put it all back together. Did a test run and it was better but still squeeled. I suspect it's the thin metal cover that fits over the drum that is making that noise when the brakes vibrate. I have some anti-squeel that I use for when I change out my cars brake pads. I'm going to give this a try on the inside of the drum cover and see if that was it. I will report back with my findings.

Guys, I need a fuel cap for the tank. Where's a safe place to buy one. It's a special size as none of my other ATV caps fit.

Thanks,
    Leo

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MPDano View Post
    Guys, I need a fuel cap for the tank. Where's a safe place to buy one. It's a special size as none of my other ATV caps fit.

Thanks,
    Leo
    Anyone???

Looked in my manual and the part number is 100650. Anyone have a hookup on Jialing Red Cat Parts?