Thread: Adjusting the Valves on the Predator

Hybrid View

ok, so chances are things are out of wack. this is where i usually seek the help of slave labor just kidding. bought seriousely, grab a buddy, this will make things easier.

you will need to loosen the cam tensioner. located on the right side of the quad near where the header raps around. pop the 10mm bolt off (it is really shallow) and set it with your parts. you will need to take a screw driver (i believe a 1/8) and stick it in the slot until it "catches". now, have your buddy turn the screwdrive to the RIGHT until it can be turned no more. either use a vice grip to hold the tension or just have your friend sit there and hold it. this takes the tension off of the cam chain so you can remove it. picture taken by preddy08 from www.predatorowners.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    ok, so chances are things are out of wack. this is where i usually seek the help of slave labor just kidding. bought seriousely, grab a buddy, this will make things easier.

you will need to loosen the cam tensioner. located on the right side of the quad near where the header raps around. pop the 10mm bolt off (it is really shallow) and set it with your parts. you will need to take a screw driver (i believe a 1/8) and stick it in the slot until it "catches". now, have your buddy turn the screwdrive to the RIGHT until it can be turned no more. either use a vice grip to hold the tension or just have your friend sit there and hold it. this takes the tension off of the cam chain so you can remove it. picture taken by preddy08 from www.predatorowners.com

Instead of having to hold the cam tensioner the entire time with a screw driver, you can remove the whole tensioner assembly by just loosening the tensioner bolt, then taking out the two bolts that hold it to the cylinder. Then just bolt it back on when you have the cams back in and the chain back on. It simplifies the process.
    1986 trx250r