Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaris Ranger Rzr Press Launch

Polaris Ranger Rzr Press Launch

Phoenix, AZ - Polaris invited the media out to Arizona the beginning of the week to test ride the all-new Ranger Rzr 800, which was originally suppose to be kept a secret till April 1st, but due to numerous Internet leaks, the cat is now out of the bag, and ATVriders.com diligently finishing up the complete review along with the videos and photos.

In the meantime, the Polaris Ranger Press Release is now on the Homepage along with some photos and specifications, and ATVriders.com, UTV Test Rider, Levi Merriman, is happy to answer any questions you may have about the Rzr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Did the machine seam tippy? I know that you are sitting low but it still seems narrow.

Also will it be available any time soon. I think it will be a good seller.

Is this thing posi in the rear or does the diff unlock?

Will it pull the front wheels off the ground when you hit the throttle?

Is the top speed of 55mph governed by gearing or electronics?

Can the fuel injection be remapped to accept air and exhaust mods?

What is the water fording limit?
    **Mark**

2006 Polaris Outlaw 500
    2004 Honda Rancher 350
    2005 Polaris Predator 90

“Observance of the Constitution is essential to the survival of the Republic and the well being of Americans, their lives,liberties and property. Those in power must fear the consequences of ignoring, evading or violating it.”

Member of PolarisSportRiders.com

Tippy? No.....it's got a nice low center of gravity, so even though it's 50" wide, it doesn't feel tippy....

NO, the wheels will not pull off the ground when you hit the throttle, at least not in the dirt.

I am not sure what the top speed is governed by - there wasn't a long enough straight area to top ours at in....

I can only assume the fuel injection is mapable, but that's not something they covered in our intro......

Water fording limit? The air intake is located behind and between the seats - I think your lap would be underwater before you would suck water........

They say it's supposed to be released around April.....

Not sure about Posi or diff lock - I know you can put it in AWD or in two wheel drive...........I'm sure when some specs are made available, it will be easy to find.

The speedo goes up to 70, if that helps at all.......perhaps that's it's potential once some mods are made.....
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

400grl.Could you compare it to your rhino when your rhino was stock?

The front and rear diffs are spooled. I would say that its as "tippy" as the rest of the UTV's. If your not careful, you will roll it. Speed is governed by the gearing. It will be available late spring for purchase......most likely look for them in the Summer since everything takes a little longer to come out.
    Support the sport!

I can compare it to a stock rhino. That will be in the full ride report coming soon!
    Support the sport!

how will it be priced as compared to the other UVT's?

whats 3 things you would change on it?
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Pricing is MSRP $9,999.00 Most likely to be sold for a lot more on the west coast.

three things I would change immediately:

1. The CVT intake. There is no filter on the intake and it needs one. I've seen a few trashed CVTs due to dust and dirt getting in there.

2. Shocks. Although it rides nice at WOT, if your just cruising, it can be rather stiff and on longer rides become uncomfortable.

3. Its actually hard for me to think of three things with out going into large detail, but I feel that if this UTV gets pushed to it capabilities, the frame will need gussetted.
    Support the sport!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast