Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 GNCC "Big Buck" Round #4 Afternoon Race Coverage

2006 GNCC "Big Buck" Round #4 Live ATV Race Coverage

Union, SC – Two weeks after some intense racing between the Killer B’s (Borich, Ballance, Bithell) and yet another podium sweep by the women with Traci Cecco putting her Yamaha YFZ450 out front, GNCC ATV racing resumes this weekend for Round #4 of the 13 race series.

Unlike last weekend, there isn’t any chance of snow, but severe thunderstorms. When arrived earlier today, it was a picture perfect day for racing with temps in the 70’s and partly cloudy skies and a slight breeze, but the forecast isn’t looking as pretty for tonight and Saturday with a line of thunderstorm moving in overnight and into tomorrow’s racing, which has the area under a tornado and hail watch along with damaging wind gust.

Either way, GNCC racing will go on as it did last year at Loretta Lynn’s after the area was flooded along with a tornados touching down in the area, but racers better be prepared for possibly the first true mud race of the season. It may be muddy tomorrow, but if we didn’t get the rain it would be a major dust fest as the ground is super dry and even walking stirs up the dust, and I would rather race in mud than dust any day.

Here is a glimpse at tonight’s radar, so it looks like the weathermen might know what they are talking about for a change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

The weather may not be perfect tomorrow, but these kids didn’t seem to care as they were happy just to get a chance to race as the Youth ATV Racing is really taking off as more and more riders begin signing up.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

I also am not afraid of a little rain and mud because I will be making my 2006 racing debut on a Yamaha Raptor 700 in almost showroom condition besides the addition of a killswitch, Hiper wheels, Tireballs, and ITP GNCC Tires.

From my intial ride on the all new Raptor 700, I am really impressed, and I can't wait to throw a leg over it tomorrow for my first GNCC race this year, so wish me luck because I haven't even had a chance to ride an ATV since my trip to California to test ride the new Suzuki LT-R450.

It appears that this might be another record weekend for GNCC racing as a large crowd gathered early Friday to register and because of the huge turnouts, the track this weekend has been extended from the normal 10-11 miles to nearly 14 miles long, so the morning race will probably only be 3 laps with the Pros pushing for 4 laps.

Elka's new track side support program is really gaining attention because they are available to help any rider running Elka Suspension, and they really take interest in their customers which is great to see.

Ethan was working with one of the youth ATV racers suspension in preparation for tomorrow race.

Santo Derisi will be back in action this weekend after bad wreck in the Mid East Series, which sidelined him for his hometown race at Steele Creek, but he is feeling good and can’t wait to get back out on the track this weekend.

Also, Bryan Cook is out of his sling after breaking his collarbone at the Gatorback after working his way up to 3rd overall, and he plans to make his return to racing at Loretta Lynn’s in two weeks.

Big John was on the prowl and putting the breaks on anyone he caught pit riding, and he can be the funniest and nicest guy, but you don’t want to make him mad or you will see a whole different person.

The skies were completely clear when the sunset, but things will be much different tomorrow, so check back for updates through the day from the Big Buck GNCC with Special thanks to all the ATVriders.com sponsors, Supporting Members, and ofcource Monica for making the live coverage possible.

The rain never did come overnight, but just as the sun was rising, the lightning was streaking through the clouds and it appeared that it was surely going to be a rainy day.

With the Youth Racer heading to the line, it began raining, but the rain would end just as quickly as it began and only a few sprinkles were around during the Youth ATV Race. The first group of the line was the 90 Mod with Walker Fowler leading the way closely followed by Michael Keleman

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast