Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 GNCC Round #7 "The Spartan" PM Race

2004 GNCC Round #7 Sparta's PM Race

After having almost perfect weather for the first six rounds, A raining day was bound to happen anytime, and boy did it rain. Friday Morning the sky opened up and turned the rich Kentucky soil and green grass fields into a monster mud pit.

I arrived Friday Evening at the track entrance to meet a long line of vehicles waiting to get in to park. At first, I thought they were just running out of spots, but after almost getting my motorhome stuck trying to creep up the access road, I quickly realized that it was much worse.

I had my father drive as I went to investigate was we were in for at the front of the line. I was horrified to find them having to hook up to almost every vehicle and tow them to a parking spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Luckly, HMF Engineering had a spot perfect for my motorhome right off of the main road, so went for it. With the Help of Mike Chirdon, I was able to plow my way into the spot.

Some others that were in 4x4 trucks and didn't have huge trailers on the rear had a blast flying through the mud to find a park spot on the hill.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Shortly after dark, Racer Productions shut down traffic coming into the track. The local campgrounds, Walmart Parking, and gas stations became home for many that night.

The next morning, after more heavy rain overnight, conditions at the track became even worse. Jason Buchanan attempted to get his truck parking spot, but he became another victim of the mud.

Jason was pulled back through the Pits over to the other parking area.

This guy got word that there was a mud bog going on out in front of Pit Row and brought his truck out to participate.

Not everyone seemed to be bothered by the mud. This group looked as if they were really enjoying themselves.

Bart Miller knew it was going to be a long day of racing when he got stuck just trying to get to back from tech inspection.

***Also because of the poor conditions, Racer Productions didn't conduct sound or kill switch testing. I am sure that this won't be the case at Rausch Creek***

Mike Chirdon carries his son across the mud

Chris Jenks went and got himself a new set of front tires to deal with the sloppy conditions.

The ITP Tent was a popular spot for many of the racers who were looking for an aggressive tire for the Muddy conditions. Jim Pinkston assisted customers all day with tire selections for their quads. The New ITP HD tires was the perfect tire for these conditions with its larger lugs and aggressive side bite.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast