Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking her apart

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman400 View Post
    I don't think anyone else is commenting because CJM has it covered, he hit the nail on the head. Nearly everyone on this forum has the exact setup CJM mentioned, including me, except I went with a 407 to have 2 more bores left.
    Yeah, he's been a great help!
    Red 400ex 08:
    ODI Rogue Grips on Flexx Handlebars, Powermadd Star Series Guards, Trailtech Vapor with Clamp, HMF Competition Series Slip-on, Twin Air Air Filter, DynoJet Jet Kit, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper, Full Pro Armor Skidplates, Kenda Kutter XC Rear, Maxxis Razr 2 Front.

Can-Am Renegade 500 08:
    Stock with extras from factory.

CJM, I've seen you prefer JE over Wiseco, do you think I'm better off with a JE piston?
    Red 400ex 08:
    ODI Rogue Grips on Flexx Handlebars, Powermadd Star Series Guards, Trailtech Vapor with Clamp, HMF Competition Series Slip-on, Twin Air Air Filter, DynoJet Jet Kit, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper, Full Pro Armor Skidplates, Kenda Kutter XC Rear, Maxxis Razr 2 Front.

Can-Am Renegade 500 08:

Quote Originally Posted by Dritto View Post
    CJM, I've seen you prefer JE over Wiseco, do you think I'm better off with a JE piston?
    I used 2 wiseco pistons on my 400, and 2 more on 2 other 400's. They arent bad pistons, but I feel JE or CP is overall better quality and have better features like they oil the wrist pin better and such. Its just personal preference really, just dont use junk like vertex or namura. Seen namura pistons fail all the time, they suck and vertex is not that great either.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Well well, I can't bore my cylinder in my country, because nobody does it. They replace the cylinders.
    Red 400ex 08:

Can-Am Renegade 500 08:

You can find cylinder kits around here or on some other websites if you can't get the boring done.

Ebay is a huge plus when searching for parts for 400exs. Just don't go namura because they're all over ebay and there's bad reviews of them. Also, if you want to go straight to a 416, don't be afraid to. You can find stock cylinders a dime a dozen on ebay. I went from my stock bore to a 426.

Stage 2 Hotcam is a yes. You'll like it. I know I did but I'm switching to a Web Cam since I drag race. CJM pretty much covered it all, but good luck on the build man.
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Quote Originally Posted by cheater13 View Post
    but good luck on the build man.
    Thank you.
    Red 400ex 08:

Can-Am Renegade 500 08:

If the motor doesn't need it I would suggest spending the money on suspension
    2006 450r 24v Kickstart
    Ars-fx Exit Lonestar Precision Hmf Baldwin Web cams Rekluse
    Hiper Fasst flexx Cycra Prm Quad Tech Houser Gt thunder
    Bling star IMS Fluidine Rad Bare performance Streamline Gbc

05 450r
    Hotcams Pro Armor Gt Thunder ArsFx Custom Axis Houser White Bros
    PRM Hiper Gbc Fasst Flexx IMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12