Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: DDM Tuning 400ex HID how-to

Zak I got no idea what ones my friend bought, he just picked some generic h6m bulb ebay kit. No harness, just wired in directly into the high beam part of the stock switch.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Wow I totally forgot about those pics,sorry.As for the relay you could just go to any parts store and get a 12v relay to use if you already have the wire and all the connectors.I just found it easier to order the harness.With the relay the lights draw power directly from the battery and the light switch activates the relay.That way you will have no flicker in the lights after they are on because they are getting full power.

Yea, I bought a DDM H6M kit and wired both the bulbs right into high beam side of the light switch since I replaced my stock switch assembly with a KX kill switch and a trail tech single headlight switch. I'm also pretty sure that harness I ordered from them is just a power wire with the relay and a fuse already wired into it that I just plug into everything I already have wired up.
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

Got my wiring harness today. It's just what I thought. It's just a thicker 14 or 16 gauge wire that has a ring terminal on one end and then a fuse and relay wired into it that splits the power up to the 2 ballasts with some sheathing over it. Looks good, you could do the same thing yourself, but this is a much easier and cleaner way of doing it if you don't want to bother. All you have to do is wire the terminal up to your battery and then run it down the frame and plug in all the connectors.
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)

Well here is some pics with the HIDs. I don't have any before pics since it has been 30 or lower since I started tearing it apart so I didn't have a chance. They deff. have more throw and are ALOT brighter than stockers. I don't do much night riding but it's always nice to have some nice bright lights when I do go on that occasional one. I was going to install that harness I got but I would have to chop alot of the wiring down to get it to fit or else I'd have WAY more wire than I needed stuffed under the hood. So I just turned my idle up alittle bit more than I had it and I didn't have a problem keeping them from flickering and going out, so I'll just leave it be until they act up. Cameras don't pick up light very well so these aren't good representations of what they look like. There's a small 1 1/2' incline about 50' in front of it in the first pic so like I said, not a very good pic. I can everything clearly out to about 400' or so before it starts getting darker. Very happy with them.

Anyone have the pics? They are no longer showing up.
    2005 Honda 416ex 11:1 Fan Cooled
    -HMF Full Exhaust
    -HotCams Stage 2
    -HD Cam Chain
    -Nerf Bars
    -ITP Holeshot's all around
    -K&N Air Filter
    -AC Racing Front Bumber
    -Renthal Sprockets and Chain

Stickman's pictures are coming up on mine. Right above your post Choppers.
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

They sure are but I want the wiring diagram off Post 1. Not someones pic of them working.
    2005 Honda 416ex 11:1 Fan Cooled
    -HMF Full Exhaust
    -HotCams Stage 2
    -HD Cam Chain
    -Nerf Bars
    -ITP Holeshot's all around
    -K&N Air Filter
    -AC Racing Front Bumber
    -Renthal Sprockets and Chain

I've had several requests for the original pics and diagram, but I haven't been able to come up with them. Too many computers and too many moves ago I'm afraid. I've got one more idea about where I might have a back-up of them. I'll try to look tonight.
    2008 700xx - Two Brothers slip-on, K&N, Pro Armor bumper & nerfs, L8ton Racing sway bar, HIDs

2000 400ex - 440 12.5:1 Wiseco, K&N, LRD full exhaust, HIDs

2008 RZR - +5 long travel, Afco shocks w/ Progressive springs, Two Brothers slip-on, Two Brothers Juice Box, Donaldson intake, Dynatek ignition

2007 BMW 335i - Burger Motorsports juice box 3 at 14psi, K&N dual intake

1994 Mitsubishi GSX - Too much to list. 420awhp, 7.7 @ 96mph 1/8th mile

Quote Originally Posted by Choppers View Post
    They sure are but I want the wiring diagram off Post 1. Not someones pic of them working.
    400 ex hid.jpg

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast