Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil leak...please help

No that gasket is reusable. Its rubber, just be careful when you take it off and when putting it back on that its placed correctly.

I think whomever messed with it last just left that bolt out and didn't bother to tell ya. Loctite is not needed.

Chris
    **Chris**

The REAPER is coming ............

OMW

they probably stripped the screw out. The dealer I took mine too ONCE did the same thing. I had to use helicoils and thread it back in. The cam cover that those bolt into is part of the head and cant be bought seperatley so you need to find a way to make it work. You can get a new bolt from Polaris.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

Originally posted by katch26
    they probably stripped the screw out. The dealer I took mine too ONCE did the same thing. I had to use helicoils and thread it back in. The cam cover that those bolt into is part of the head and cant be bought seperatley so you need to find a way to make it work. You can get a new bolt from Polaris.
    Good info- I ordered the bolt and gromet today- when I get time Im gonna check to see if it is stripped and if so repair the thread- still wondering what exactly happened, did the bolt somehow come out, did it break off, or did someone "forget" to replace it....not sure that someone forgot to replace it since I didnt have any oil leak problems the rides before last....

its next to impossible for it to fall out....they either forgot it or damaged it and forgot to tell him
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

Originally posted by katch26
    Just checked and that is exactly what has happened- they stripped the cam support- guess im gonna have to helicoil it- did you run into any problems when you used helicoils- any problems after?

Heli-coil will work just fine. There isn't much stress on the valve cover bolts. Put the coil in with your new bolt and grommet and you should be good to go.
    Predator owner since 2003

2009 Polaris Outlaw 525S...in-work building.

2005 Pedator
    Twin Air clamp-on, Edelbrock, Rath A-arms, Dyna FS, Rath Rear Hubs, PEP Shocks (built by Rath), Flexx bars, Hiper Wheels, Razr 2 Tires, P&P cylinder head (Nicholas Cycle), Rath Head Pipe, Pro Armor Kill Switch, Yoshimura slip-on, Pro Armor nerfs, JE 12.5:1 Piston, Trail Tech Dash and Endurance Computer, Home made radiator scoops and chassis skid, PRM Bumper and Grab Bar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12