Thread: 26" or 27" Zillas on a 08 Brute 750 (ordering soon)

26" or 27" Zillas on a 08 Brute 750 (ordering soon)

I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but I couldn’t get a definite answer for my question in the search.

Will 27” Zillas be Ok on a totally stock 08 Brute 750, I don’t want to burn belts and nice stuff like that all the time. I’m also going to use the stock wheels.( this is my first belt drive machine)
    Will they fit without rubbing?
    Will I need a clutch spring or springs?

Can I get away with the stock clutch set up?

Should I just go with 26’s?

Thanks
    2008 Brute Force 750

heres what i got for ya , wheels and tires mostly come to opinions , i run 26's on mine , 27's i felt were to big , but they wont rub , what they will do is cut yer top end and power a ton , even with my 26's i went from 67mph to 59 mph , but u can always make up the difference with a cdi and clutch spring .... it all comes to preference ,
    i ride mostly tight trails and never hit top speed so i kept my 26's and took a hit in top end ,

heres a pic , i also have a 3 inch lift kit

josh cushing

I have 27" Zillas on my Stock 650i. No problems! Just like stated before top end takes a hit, 64mph is the fastest I've gotten it before the tire sway got to be too much.

08 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4i
    SS 212 Wheels
    27" Maxxis Zilla Tires
    Louder Vision Fender Flares

Originally posted by josh450r
    heres what i got for ya , wheels and tires mostly come to opinions , i run 26's on mine , 27's i felt were to big , but they wont rub , what they will do is cut yer top end and power a ton , even with my 26's i went from 67mph to 59 mph , but u can always make up the difference with a cdi and clutch spring .... it all comes to preference ,
    i ride mostly tight trails and never hit top speed so i kept my 26's and took a hit in top end ,

heres a pic , i also have a 3 inch lift kit

How do you like the Swamp lites on a full size machine. I had them when they first came out on my polaris trail boss.
    #####SOLD#####
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 efi
    Itp Mudlite xl's
    Vision wheels

#####NOW#####
    2009 Brute Force 750 4x4I