Thread: 08 450 4X4 wolverine?

GOTFEAR is offline Lifes a gamble just do it

08 450 4X4 wolverine?

Im thinking on getting me a mud and trail 4X4 that acts like a sport quad so what do you think about a 450 4X4 wolverine with 26in mud tires
    2001 LSR no link t-pin custom axis shocks f/r trx250r frame moded for crf450r and custom swinger awesome.. If you cant stand tha pain Midas well get out tha Game

I have an 07 and it works wicked. With a set of mudlites or someting it would help allot with the clearance. That is the only issue that i have ran into so far otherwise it sidehills great and is nice and light so it goes pretty much through anything
    07 Wolverine
    07 F150

idk if you got it allready, but dont get the 06-up 350 or 450!

I've ridden both. Get the 95-05 wolverine 350.

The newer ones, even the 450's are slower than the older semi-auto 350's. With the belt drive, it is slower and less sporty, you might as well buy a grizzly. i myself have a 2001.

Find an older one, by the gearless locker from high-lifter, and get some 25in mud-lites or swamplites w/ a pipe, you'll have a blast.
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

I kinda agree about the older Wolverines. If your looking for more sport in your trailriding, the older model does handle much better and is a little quicker machine but it doesn't ride as good as the new Wolverines. The new ones also have 2wd/4wd that the old ones don't have.

Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

The newer ones, even the 450's are slower than the older semi-auto 350's. With the belt drive, it is slower and less sporty, you might as well buy a grizzly. i myself have a 2001.

Find an older one, by the gearless locker from high-lifter, and get some 25in mud-lites or swamplites w/ a pipe, you'll have a blast.

I have to disagree with this I have a 07 450 that handle great. It is not slower. My husband races it in the GNCC's it is completely stock. He runs it in the 4X4 lites and in the last 3 races has come home with top 5 each race. We also had a older one that he raced 2 years ago. In 2 years he had several top 5 finishes on it.

Originally posted by renae
    I have to disagree with this I have a 07 450 that handle great. It is not slower. My husband races it in the GNCC's it is completely stock. He runs it in the 4X4 lites and in the last 3 races has come home with top 5 each race. We also had a older one that he raced 2 years ago. In 2 years he had several top 5 finishes on it.
    I myself ridden both stock, and i know numerous ppl who sold the 350 to get the new 450, and were actually upset they did cuz it was slower. I also think the newer ones are slower. And also, the belt makes it less sporty. They made it to be a fun quad too, so the foot shift is funner
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

I wish they would have made the new 450 a shifter. It looks sporty & never would have guessed it was slower than the 350. I have a 350 & its pretty fun. Since it mimics the warrior motor lots of motor mods available. people have made them into 450+ etc.. lots of power but not so reliable as the good ol stock 350 wolverine. Also there are some other Yamaha 400 motors that fit the old wolverine frame if you want a 400 wolverine that shift!!
    "A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." G. K. Chesterton

08 ds450
    08 DS450x
    05 rmz250
    04 GASGAS 450WILD / KX500 hybrid
    00 Wolverine 350

Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

So you've raced a 350 wolverine vs the 450? The only way the 350 is even faster is topend and you have to have the Warn kit installed that takes it out of full time 4x4 to do that. Even then the 450 will be a long ways ahead and you'll have to catch up. Mod the Wolverine with less money than the Warn costs and you won't ever touch it.