Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2007 GNCC Series Round #10 "Unadilla" Morning coverage

Great coverage of a great race!! I went to Unadilla to watch the races for the last 2 years and couldn't take not being part of the action any longer. This year I raced the 20+C class on my 1986 Honda 250r (Silver plastic and blue Nac's graphics). I got a BAD start as the quad that starts anytime I want it to decided to get a dose of stagefright and needed 2 kicks to come alive that rainy morning. After starting 2nd to last I was able to catch up to 21st in my class after the first lap and wanted so bad to get a top ten finish. I could feel my pace getting better each lap. Bottlenecks were found on every hillclimb and were hard to get around. The course was an amazing mix of tight woods, muddy sections, hills, and smooth-fast mx track. One of my favorite technical parts of the course was the "step-up". The "step-up" was located below amateur camping near the road. The first time I went up it I was kinda forced into it. The line to the right was clogged with riders so I sucked it up and hit it. When I landed on top I got a lot of thumbs up and clapping from the crowd that had gathered at the top. That gave me a burst of energy that carried me for a while. I continued to hit that step-up everytime around cuz it was just plain fun....and a faster line too . Now onto the bad news. I was almost done with my 4th lap when I heard a horrible noise.....silence. I looked down to find that my chain had fallen off the rear sprocket and bound itself up between the sprocket and the swingarm. A few of mechanics from a bike team tried their best to give me a hand and fix it but to no avail (thanks again guys). I was sadly towed back to my campsite by the track crew. Ended up with a 22nd place finish in my class. Will definitely return next year to give 'Diller another go!! Aaron #892
    '86 Honda TRX 250r WNYOA #410

STOLEN 1/31/07.....
    1989 Honda TRX250R
    Red Maier Dull Plastics, Ceet Gripper seat cover, Elka Remote Rezi Shocks, DuraBlue X33 Axle, Aluminum Airbox with 2 LED Taillights, AC front and rear bumpers, cr250 PV cylinder w/block off plates, CT pipe and silencer, stock Ohtsu in front and Dunlops in rear, many one-off parts

*$1000+ REWARD for any info or its return....even if u are the one who stole it...seriously!!*

Pappy, any chance you have a couple pics of me and my R in your collection from Unadilla?? Thanks!!

STOLEN 1/31/07.....
    1989 Honda TRX250R
    Red Maier Dull Plastics, Ceet Gripper seat cover, Elka Remote Rezi Shocks, DuraBlue X33 Axle, Aluminum Airbox with 2 LED Taillights, AC front and rear bumpers, cr250 PV cylinder w/block off plates, CT pipe and silencer, stock Ohtsu in front and Dunlops in rear, many one-off parts

*$1000+ REWARD for any info or its return....even if u are the one who stole it...seriously!!*

Originally posted by ny250r
    Pappy, any chance you have a couple pics of me and my R in your collection from Unadilla?? Thanks!!
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

pappy do you have a pic of the 250r with the yellow laegers frame.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

??

???

Pappy, I must be the only 250r you don't have a picture of...oh well. Thanks anyways. Thought you might have one of my lousy start lol.

my88r, I was in the 20+C class #892 on my 1986 Honda 250r. Has silver plastic with blue Nac's graphics (as described in my post on page 5 lol). Here's a few more details...black maier scoop hood, Razr2's front and back, oversize tank, and I had on black and white Fox gear. I think there were 4 250r's in the morning race and a 400ex with a 250r motor in it.

STOLEN 1/31/07.....
    1989 Honda TRX250R

Originally posted by Pappy
    Micheal Young, 30+ C Class racer was smiling so wide that I thought he would burst! Quite the accomplishment for him and he was exstatic about his great finish!!!

Yeah Mikey !!!way to go !!!
    TRX450 R
    ELKA Suspension
    Roll Design
    Duncan

Sponsors :
    bannedatatvnews.com
    ASV Inventions
    YMA
    Dirt First Racing
    CYCRA
    Sunstar Sprockets