Thread: I need a New Clutch

I need a New Clutch

I am in need of a new clutch. I don't wanna spend 400 bucks on a Hison(However it would be nice). What is a really good clutch to get for my 400Ex. I need somthing that will last and take abuse. I ride very hard and I race even harder.

What are some good Clutchs?

How Much for it?

How hard to install?

well I just went threw this..lol..but I blew my basket also,but one of the best set ups it all stock parks,Honda...but you can inprove yours with a 8 fiber and 7 steel set up from Sparks,This is what i have so far its help up very well,when i called Sparks they said this is the same one the there 505ex alke..he said its held up very well,but ones i got it I think it was just a 250r fibers, 8 of them and then 300ex steals 7 of them,they use theres cuzz there thiner,so that way you can fit 8 fibers a 7 steals in a stock basket,but Sparks also sells heavy dudty springs,but i think you can buy them seperat??But yeah i think the cheep's way to go is all stock and still hold up good,and for a little more just get 250r fibers 8 of them and 7 300ex steal,with Sparks H/D springs..Hope this helps sorry for it being so long..Thanks

Dido, I had a Barnett in my 416 and it only lasted about a month. I just put a Sparks 8 Plate set-up in last week. So far I am very happy with it. C&D Racing is now a Sparks dealer check with them to see if you can get a better price than Sparks directly, there number is in my sig.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Hey JhallettEX I know c&d were going to try to be a dealer? but i never know if it happend or not,but i guess it did.Dusty was telling me that they wanted to get some Sparks x6 pipes,did they every get them? and if so how much?I havent talked to Dusty in a wile,but shes a lot of fun to talk to,very cool..Thanks

Ya they are alot of fun. They got two x-6's in I think, one went on my quad and the other on Colby's. They came down here were I live last week put my new clutch in for me and then we went riding for the day. If you are thinkin about it give them a call, the pipes are awesome, just ask Colby what it has done for his bike.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

JhallettEX yeah i know there a kick butt pipe,iv seen it frist hand a # of times,like i said here in Ca. at Pismo they rull,everbody and there dog has one,but I was old back east the Gt runs the show over there,but thats just word or mouth.i was kinds wanting something differnt but if its the best its the best,but i did post a ? just a few mins ago asking ppl what they knew about Gt's pipe.But yeah Thanks

I have a works connection on my 416....i havent found a clutch thats better....and i have a hinson 8 disc basket....that reminds me i didnt put that in my sig
    FOR SALE!! 330ex 98 PRO FAB ATV elka suspension, pivot works a-arms bearings, 254 MX webcam, 400ex carb(152 main jet), port polish, jagg oil cooler, hardened rockers, bored sleeved, titanium springs, JE piston, renthal handlebars, sidewinder drive system (14F 36R), wirts clutch lever and perch (moose), barnet disks, lonestar brake block-off plate, trail tech lights/computer, polished throttle cover, DG nerf bars, AC grab bar, AC skidplate, Orange Maier plastic (clearcoated), polished gas knob, durablue axle, prodesign kill switch, kenda claws 18’R 20’F on .125 polished Douglas rims, RAD locknut/dual row carrier, polished jaws front bumper, DG chrome pipe, EHS racing air box lid, uni filter,Blue RAD L.E.D. light.....YES ITS FAST

2001 416ex
    Built by pro fab atv, port and polish, XR400 cam, FCR 39 oversized valves, Hinson clutch basket, Trail tech computer, custom axis comp. adjustable triple rate shocks front and rear, renthal bars, razrs all around, Hinson side case (red) ,Wrist wrester, Duncan racing bumper, polished frame guard. Full body skids. new plastic, Douglas ultimate wheels, dg pro peg nerfs red netting, armadillo, works connection clutch, big gun race polished exhaust jets and k&n filter, brake block off, sidewinder chain and sprocket, nacs racing headlight covers, polished gas cap, chrome lonestar steering stem, lots of other polished parts

450 kodiak