Thread: Just Got My 400ex

Just Got My 400ex

hello all, i just got a new 2002 400 ex and i want to change some things about it. i am going to get a aftermarket oil cooler for it and some other stuff like a pipe and jet kit i was wondering wht would be the best spark plug to use someone told me to use a dp9ea. ( i think thats right) is this so and will it help lower the head temp thanks. alos any advice on mods will be helpfull.

welcome to this site....good luck with your new quad.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

thanks, i like this site alot but its hard to decide what mods are the best everyones opinion is so much different on everything. like pies and such. im stuck between a pro circut t4 and a wb e-series pipe. also do i need to get a header with these or just the pipe alone 14 tooth sprocket will be on soon though i did decide on that. thanks

look at this for your oil cooler stuff. http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?threadid=20357
    im also looking into this. i live in the f$^#%&g desert and have trouble keeping it cool:grr

ps welcome to the site
    '02 416ex, hotcam stage II, ported head, big gun

i haven't failed, i mearly found 649 ways that didn't work

With the white brothers R-4 silencer you don't need a whole pipe you just slip it onto the stock headpipe. it looks great, sounds awesome, and has a great power gain. i also suggest running your 400EX with the airbox lid off but get a jet kit before you do it or it's performance will go plain crappy. Give Er'!
    Latr' ridez dudes!