Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clutch Covers

QJ, just curious how many hours on the motor since you guys last had it apart I have 3 hrs on my motor & on my 7th oil change. I keep finding small shavings in my filter. I wouldn't think the nut would back off that quick.

Originally posted by SS predator
    QJ, just curious how many hours on the motor since you guys last had it apart I have 3 hrs on my motor & on my 7th oil change. I keep finding small shavings in my filter. I wouldn't think the nut would back off that quick.
    Its been roughly 15 hours of hard riding , Ive got the nut thats stripped out and I took a pic that proves thats exactly what happened, but my Camera is a POS so it is all blurry to post .This is not the first time IVe heard of this happening either. Troy found a few more surpises in the bottom end thats should not have been there , but Im not at liberaty to talk about it at this time. Its all cleaned up and put back together tonight. I hope she runs good for the worcs race next week!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

well, ya wanna see something that REALLY was rather upsetting??Here is what Troy found in the bottom end .This is a tooth off one of the oil pump gears from when the motor grenaded the FIRST time !!! Had we not found this, it would have have taken out another motor!!! This could have been avoided Ill post the proof of what mainly done most of the damage . We took it out yesteday and ran it and everything seems to run fine now .this first picture is a blur, sorry POS scamera... lol That is the tooth in hand
    A little damage can and will go along ways ,glad we found it in time
    Attached Images Attached Images

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

and here is the tooth compared next to the oil pump gear ,the one installed is the good one .

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

another angle shot of it..

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Here is a shot of where we found the tooth. It had lodged in the back side of the clutch gear and was luckily stuck there for now , it looked liek it had come out a time or tow prior and we think thats what done most of the damage to the Case and the Clutch basket.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

another pic of a gouge mark, sorry for the blur.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Heres a picture of the Basket,you can see where the tooth rolled up over the top of the clutch basket and this is where it cracked the case .Check out those grooves!! You can also see some nice gouges from where it embedded itself a fw times in the clutch gear.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

after all that expense, its all fixed( knock on wood!) ad much as we have torn into it , I think we will try and do most of the work ourselves from now on

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234