Thread: Wolverine Tires?

Wolverine Tires?

What would be a good set of tires to run for the GNCC series on a wolverine? Thanks

Maxxis All Tracs or ITP Mud Lites... The All tracks are a great mixed-terrain tire. I'm pretty sure that Mike Penland use to run them. Might want to take a look at what he's running now.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

wolverine tires

I raced a tricked out wolverine in the 2002-2003 gncc season and ran Maxxis all-traks. They are a great tire. I only had one flat in 2 years. Even though the are a 2-ply tire, don't be scared. Maxxis is the best utility brand out there The Big Horn is another choice for you, they are heavy though. Don't put them on a stock quad, you better have a stroker kit to turn them. They are what I ran on my Prairie last year and am running on my Suzuki this year. Good Luck!!!!!!
    2001-2004 Student of the Arts
    2005 GNCC Utility Stock Champion
    2006 Factory Arctic Cat
    2007 PQR Racing/High Energy Kymco Member
    2008 Kymco Factory Race Team
    2009 High Energy Racing-Can Am 800R
    2010 Can AM X Team

Mudlites are what I have on my Wolverine, there SLIGHTLY to tall, so it doesn't pull quiet as hard, but great traction in a lot of conditions
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

wolverine tires

Mudlites are ok for the mud but not the best for racing. They do well in muddy soft conditions, but just remember they are a directional tire. They go good forward, ok backward, but if you put them on a hillside and try to walk acrossed it, they are going to put you to the bottom. All traks will grip and walk straight acrossed with no problem. If a good mud tire is what you are looking for, check out the super swamper. I used to run them before my race days. They do a pretty good job. just don't go to the swamper vampires, they are too heavy for a stock wolverine.
    2001-2004 Student of the Arts
    2005 GNCC Utility Stock Champion
    2006 Factory Arctic Cat
    2007 PQR Racing/High Energy Kymco Member
    2008 Kymco Factory Race Team
    2009 High Energy Racing-Can Am 800R
    2010 Can AM X Team