Here's the stock cam oiling system. Look at the oil filter cover. There's a oil galley that travels up at about the 10 o'clock mark through the case cover. It goes to the base of the cylinder. You'll see an oil line cast into the side of the cylinder, the oil travels up from there to the cam. The sprocket side of the cam has a sealed bearing. The oil travels up the galley in the cylinder, fills the "pocket" created by the sealed bearing, and gets forced through the cam itself. It comes out of holes in the cam itself, and gravity feeds back down the cam chain area.

The FST cooler intercepts the oil before it gets to the cylinder. The side cover is tapped into the oil galley, and the line giong to the cylinder is plugged, forcing the oil to go into the cooler. After being cooled, it goes into the cam cover, where another hole has been tapped. Because the "pocket" fills up with oil just like the OEM system, the only difference is it's cooler oil.

Given the conversations I've had with Megacycle cams, Web cams, and after examining my cam, I really believe that cooling the oil before it hits the cam is a really good idea. I won't be using the FST cooler, as I have a much better one, but I'm in total support of the concept.