Thread: Ice Racing Tips? 4 Lembo Lake NY

Threaded View

Question Ice Racing Tips? 4 Lembo Lake NY

Well, this is the last weekend for the flat track racing Ive been doing, and who wants to stop racing right?

Well, February 9th me and my cousin are looking into getting into a couple Ice races at Lembo Lake( www.atvny.com )
    There was an exriders ride there last year.

Anyways, it looks like a lot of fun, but Ive never really ridden on the ice before, besides the occasional small pond, and Im really looking for some input from guys who have done it.
    I have 500 studs and I definetly plan on studding my tires, the fronts I dont think will be a problem for me, but as for the rear Im kind of stuck. I have a set of Holeshot XCTs, they are pretty bald, maybe 1/8 of an inch of tread. I would rather stud these because they are junk to me, but Im worried they wont hold air. My studs are 7/16" Do you think if I filled the tires with Slime, or fix-a-flat they would be ok?? I also have a set of fairly new maxxis Sur Traks I could stud. The studs wouldnt make it through the tread so I wouldnt have to worry about losing air, but Id rather not ruin these tires by filling them with studs, and Im thinking the Holeshots would be better for the racing anyways, stiffer sideways, lower profile, not rounded.

As far as other set up, I dont have a full TT setup like some guys do, but I will probably use my stock 300EX shocks with my 250R a-arms and upper mount, so that should lower my quad considerably.

Any help you guys can give me on the rear tires would really help, little over a week til the race. Thanx

Heres a pic from last week on the lake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kc