OK here it is, we have 1 more race left, took a 2nd and a 2nd today for a second overall, not bad but should have could have won if my rider wasn't 12 bike lengths behind the leaders going into the first turn. After the bike gets going it is a rocket! He was able to make his way to the leader in each moto and both motos he just ran out of time.
Bike runs real strong it's a Kool Kids built 08 DRR 90 l/c ported and polished,stock 08 gearing, Keihn 24 mm carb 120 main and 42 pilot,we are running the stock clutch (YAMASIDA)with a 1500 ztr torque spring (brand new every race), red malossi clutch springs and 4.0 and 4.5 gram rollers staggered(also new) with the 787 belt ( 3 races on it).
Heres the problem, bike is dead *** slow for the first 20 feet then it's a rocket but unfortunatley that first 20 feet is terminal! It is almost like the clutch slips or doesn't grab when it first engages. We have 1 mini race left in our careers as we are moving up to the 200 class next year, would love to win our last race. Need some help getting this thing dialed in I will say that the clutch shoes looked quite worn and I did not notice this until I tore it down Friday nite to do the final race prep, I usually scruff the variator with a scotch brite and I hit the shoes with some sand paper to scruff em a little. Could this be my issue? I am definatley going to change the clutch but not sure what too get, do not want to spend too much as it is our last race. Any suggestions on what else it could be? I would really appreciate any help Thanks!