Thread: How to jet your bike

Threaded View

Question

Ok now that I understand the jet issue I still have a question. I have an '07 250EX with a HMF full exhaust kit, and K&N filter. I know I need to rejet but the confusion came with the exhaust kit from HMF. They sent me a 125 jet with the kit. Stock on the 250EX is a 95 jet. Oh and all they sent me was a jet, no needle at all. Shouldn't there have been other parts than just a lone jet? Isn't this an extreme jump in jet size for my bike? I also have an "Outer Wearz" pre filter for running with the airbox lid off but the one time I tried it, it bogged too much so I put the lid back on. My elevation is 3,000 to 5,000 feet. Shouldn't I just go up to between a 100 and a 110 jet? Also last sunday I went riding all day with just adjusting the fuel screw and it had plenty of power and super throttle response but the temp gague was reading a consistent 330 degrees on average with the ambient temp about 70. Isn't this too hot? Does that mean it may be running a little lean? I pulled the spark plug to check it after riding and it looked great. mostly black with a gray electrode which would normally mean it was set just right. I really don't wanna keep riding with out rejetting if there is a chance of damage but I'd really like you all to give me your input on this since I suck when it comes to carb work.
    Thanks alot
    Attached Images Attached Images