Howdy,

I just found this forum and hope that some of you could offer your opinion. I have never owned an ATV but ride those of friends and family a little. I have an 8 year old son, 4' 6" - 80lbs and want to get a Utility quad for him to use while deer hunting, duck hunting, dog training, etc., not for racing or jumping or the other things that mom is fearful of. He is a pretty responsible young feller and has done a good job driving my 3/4 Ton Superduty around the woods in Low Range. He pays attention to safety instuction well and so far has not been the daredevil type of kid.

If I limit my search to Honda 4wd, I need to figure out engine size, transmission and drivetrain. I want something that is as user friendly and dependable as possible. Once I get convinced of the Honda model and configuration that best suits our needs, I can then compare to other brands if necessary. We will want to mount a gun rack, cargo rack, extra lights and other goodies on it.

He will be in East Texas sand most of the time and when it is dry, dust is a big problem. Also a lot of wet weather.

Thanks in advance for any opinions you have to offer.

JByrd