Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aluminum air cleaner housing

aluminum air cleaner housing

i saw an article in a magazine that had an aluminum airbox for a 400ex and i cant find it anywhere.

It had a place to relocate the battery inside if anyone has seen or heard of it please let me know the company name or website thanks in advance.

me and my friend are going to make them. We had planned on it for a while untill i started work and fishoing season opened and his quad was all messed up, now school is in session and we are trying to match our schedule to get the peopel to make them and getting the materials etc.
    after market companys charge $200 such as graydonproline.com and pingry.
    Max
    2000 400EX
    FLY Billit Clutch Assembly, Black Pro Design Kill Switch, AC pro Peg Nerfs with Black Nets, AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper, LSR E-Brake Block Off, White Bro's Sintered Brake Pads, Razr Rear 4-Ply's, Talon 14 tooth, No Air-Box Lid, Pre-Filter, Spray Paint Lid Snorkle Block Off, Hetrick Full Racing Exhaust, No Choke, 165 Main, 45 Pilot, Lowered needle 1 clip(100 Ft Elevation)

My Site

talk to me on AOL IM: maxt 45

http://www.ppdracing.com

but like max said they are big $$

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

I just made an air box out of aluminum for my 400ex. All it cost me was like $30, the cost of the aluminum. I will post some pics sometime this week once i take some. Battery, all electrical stuff fits inside. But only a K&N filter fits in, i bought a UNI and found out it was too large.
    Slightly Modded YFZ450

i would like to see the pics! $30 is alot better than the price of after market air box!
    2000 400ex with a mikuni tm38 carb, tc racing pipe, rebuilding motor

wasn't someone talking about making air boxes themself and selling them for like $100?

I'd get one just to be able to move my battery, but there is no way I'm paying $200 for one

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

If its nice out tommorow i will take some pics, but i am not going to build them for any one. I'd just like to give you guys some ideas. So please be patient until i get the pics up.
    Slightly Modded YFZ450

Originally posted by Leo
    wasn't someone talking about making air boxes themself and selling them for like $100?

I'd get one just to be able to move my battery, but there is no way I'm paying $200 for one

Leo
    The reason why i was going to sell them for $100 is because I am having them professionally wleded. Anyone who knows anything about welding know that aluminum is not easy to weld, it is one of the hardest infact. So you figure about $30 for alumium, bolts, grommit, and wires. Then you have to add how muc it is for the guy to weld it. it brings the cost up fast when u have to pay for labor. Besides, most stores mark up 50%
    Max
    2000 400EX
    FLY Billit Clutch Assembly, Black Pro Design Kill Switch, AC pro Peg Nerfs with Black Nets, AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper, LSR E-Brake Block Off, White Bro's Sintered Brake Pads, Razr Rear 4-Ply's, Talon 14 tooth, No Air-Box Lid, Pre-Filter, Spray Paint Lid Snorkle Block Off, Hetrick Full Racing Exhaust, No Choke, 165 Main, 45 Pilot, Lowered needle 1 clip(100 Ft Elevation)

My Site

talk to me on AOL IM: maxt 45

$100 would be fine with me... I wouldn't expect you to pay $60 for parts+labor and sell them for $61

Leo

C:/JUNK/400EX/airbox1
    Slightly Modded YFZ450

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast