Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yoshimura sound anything like supertrapp?

yoshimura sound anything like supertrapp?

Hey,
    I rode with a warrior the other day that had a supertrapp pipe. I personally didnt think it sounded that good. It sounded alright while reving but whenever he would let off the gas i didnt think it sounded good. I am about to order a yoshimura slip on for my 400 and i was just wondering if a yoshimura sounded anything like a supertrapp. This pipe was way to loud and didnt sound good either. Just wondering how a yoshimura compares to a suppertrapp.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i have heard a warrior with a fmf mega max slip on and my friend has a yoshi on his 400ex and they sound nothing alike... the yoshi pipe is the best pipe in my eyes i will be gettin that or i will get a hetricks bc they are awesome for the price and i like there service...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

They don't sound anything alike. I personally don't care for the sound of the supertrapp either and I like the sound of the canister silencer types-- Yoshi, pro circuit, big gun, et al, much more than the megaphone types. Just personal preference.

My Yoshi sounds sweet! I have a full system and I just might sell it. My motor is on the way to Trinity for the 465 Stroker and I was thinkin about having them put the Trinity pipe on it too. Let me knoe if you might want it.
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!

How much for it?
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Thanks for the information everybody, I think im gona get the yoshimura, the only other pipe im sonsidering is the white bros e-series or r seires but heard the r is very loud and the e doesnt sound as good as yoshi. Does anyone knoew the db's of these pipes? Chadexer.... email me at bigjonwilk@aol.com and tell me about the pipe please,
    Thanks for all the replies
    Jon

Originally posted by shammy
    Thanks for the information everybody, I think im gona get the yoshimura, the only other pipe im sonsidering is the white bros e-series or r seires but heard the r is very loud and the e doesnt sound as good as yoshi. Does anyone knoew the db's of these pipes? Chadexer.... email me at bigjonwilk@aol.com and tell me about the pipe please,
    Thanks for all the replies
    Jon
    Well I hate to say this but I havent really decided if I want to sell it or not yet. Im really fond of it but I still might. Its according where I get my engine work done and what they say. I will let you know, In my opinion the WB E series DEFINATELY doesnt sound as good as the Yoshi but honestly the E series would have been my next pick. Of all the engine builders Ive talked to other than there pipes i hear Yoshi and WB the most. They are both very good pipes. The Yoshi sounds better to me and I dont really care to mess with discs so thats what made up my mind!! I will let you know when I have decided if I will sale it or not
    Thanks

Get the FMF Titanium it looks better than the Yoshi and sounds sweet.
    '02 400 EX - Bling, Bling !

Originally posted by RideRed400EX
    Get the FMF Titanium it looks better than the Yoshi and sounds sweet.
    Well first of all its quite a bit more expensive. Second, Im not saying its not good cause im sure it is, but for some reason how come we havent really heard anything about it? Like the engine builders say, A pipe on a 400EX only makes a small difference on a stock or slighty modded bike. Why all the heartache. Just get the pipe you like most!!

I have a supertrapp ids2 on my 400. Personally I love this becuase you can adjust the sound level. When I have to ride in a area that I need to be quite I'll put in 2 discs. Its almost as quite as stock. But when sound is not a factor I go with 13 disc and 3 one inch spacers (increases air flow out dramatically). With the metal spacers in also changes tthe sound to a smoother growl, then the potato, potato sound it makes without the spacers.

One of my riding buddies has a Yoshi, IMO its the best sounding pipe.

Later
    Tc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast