Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA Riders, Need feedback and Ideas!!!

PA Riders, Need feedback and Ideas!!!

After the release of the disappointing AGP schedule, I decided to make a few phone calls. I am good friends with a local (Scranton, PA) landscaper that is in the process of opening a MC/Quad facility. He is an XC/MX racer that has raced many D6/AGP events. He has a couple of years and a lot of money invested into this facility so far. Most importantly, he has some interested investors (millionaires) lined up that are passionate about offroading.
    So far, what they have in mind is the following: Indoor/Outdoor MX, Outdoor XC, Restaraunt, and Work Shop (possible dealership). They are looking to provide a family oriented facility that would include riding/racing for kids also. The facility will most likely be located on Bell Mountain, PA (Dickson City, Scranton). Bell Mtn. is the opposite mountain of Moosic Mtn. (Dunmore, North American Warhorse) in the Lackawanna Valley of PA. Bell Mountain is nearly identical to Moosic Mountain as far as terrain is concerned. I am sure that they are intending to hold AMA sanctioned events there (local, regional, national). The facility would be easily accessible from Interstate 81 to PA Route 6.
    What I need is, a show of support, and any feedback/ideas that you all may have. I plan on meeting with my friend sometime this week and will let him know what you all think.
    Just as a point of interest, I have known about this for at least two years, but I have not been able to dedicate myself financially (especially with marriage in the near future). I have a lot of pride about the area that I live in, and I am very tired about the thousands of acres of unused land going to waste (legally), and would like very much to see many people enjoy it. So please, give any feedback or ideas that you have in mind, and ask any questions that you may have!!!

im on the opposite side of the mountain from you. i used to ride up on moosic mountain all the time, both on the quads and in the trucks. the resevoirs up there are beautiful. went camping up there quite a few times also. would definately be nice to see a place actually designated for riding out that way.

denaples wouldn't happen to have a hand in this would he??
    '03 Predator
    HMF/ K&N
    '01 440EX K&N, WB,
    '02 Polaris Trail-Slug

I am definatly interested. I live right outside of Hazleton. I would actually know a bunch of people interested. I can names about 10-15 who would go.
    '03 400EX
    '98 KX250

'03 250EX Sold!

ATV's don't kill people, stupid people kill themselves on ATV's.

sounds like an awesome plan. i love the area and im glad to c the land being put to good use.
    "I've welded everything but a broken heart and the crack of dawn..."

Same here, I know about 10 - 15 guys that would probably go. Only 1 1/2 hours for us. Make sure they just dont build baby tracks for big quads or no one will come. Our area needs more places to ride & race. I know it is a big investment, hope it goes well & the people around there let them build it. Keep us posted.

Ken
    Wade & Coltons Dad

Me and my family would definantly be interested. We are looking for closer places to ride. How far would it before from the general pittsburgh area?
    2003 Honda 400ex
    Spider Grips
    DG Bumper
    Lonestar Axle Carrier
    JE 416 Kit W/ Hotcam Stage II
    Hmf Slip On
    Sunstar Sprockets
    Uni Airfilter
    Pro Design Kill Switch
    Fasst Flexx Handlebars
    Axis Dual Rate Fully Adjustable
    Derisi Racing Rear Rebuild
    DID Oring Chain
    Clutch And Brake Blockoff
    AC pro pegs with heelguards
    EBC Brakes
    94 Octane
    Powermadd Handguards with Wraps/Extenders
    maxxis razr 2s all around on itp bajas
    maier orange plastics
    led tail light
    houser a arms
    tusk gas cap
    galfer brake lines
    SRP Steering Stabilizer
    PRM Swingarm Skid

Originally posted by Stevie-D
    im on the opposite side of the mountain from you. i used to ride up on moosic mountain all the time, both on the quads and in the trucks. the resevoirs up there are beautiful. went camping up there quite a few times also. would definately be nice to see a place actually designated for riding out that way.

denaples wouldn't happen to have a hand in this would he??
    Yes, that area is beautiful. I specifically asked my friend to include Moosic Mtn. (NA Warhorse, DeNaples) into his plan, and he wants no part of it. His fear is that the DeNaples will lease him the land and then pull it out from under him in the future. Unfortunately, If anyone is planning to ride the DeNaples land LEGALLY, then contact Dale at the AGP or the DeNaples themselves.

Originally posted by quadracer707
    Same here, I know about 10 - 15 guys that would probably go. Only 1 1/2 hours for us. Make sure they just dont build baby tracks for big quads or no one will come. Our area needs more places to ride & race. I know it is a big investment, hope it goes well & the people around there let them build it. Keep us posted.

Ken
    Wade & Coltons Dad
    Pa has a lot of tracks. What district you run? I have about 20 tracks within a 2-3 hour drive from me.

We could always use more riding area's. The indoor stuff would be a big hit in the winter for sure. NEMX isn't that great anymore, atleast I didn't think so. It's a place to ride, that's about it.

I'd probably make a few trips down, but would the track be built more for bikes or quads? Either one would be good for me.
    KX250F

best of luck to you. i think your going to need it.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast