Thread: Swingarm

Swingarm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering up to what lenght swingarm I can go and still use a shock instead of a rod.

Thanks in advance

You dont have to use a rod or strut on any length of swingarm.

I have seen +14" with a shock and spring, how long do you think you want to go?

Well I want to go noticably long. I see there is a raptor on ebay with +6 which is not quite as long as I want it to be so im thinking about +8

Originally posted by MadDog56
    You dont have to use a rod or strut on any length of swingarm.
    Thanks MD, I figured so but wanted to make sure.

BTW I have ordered the BDN Kit yesterday

The longer swinger will come in handy with the BDN kit, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

An 8 over swinger will really draw some power and is a lot for anything but a drag bike. Its not going to turn all that well, especially on pavement. But it will keep the front end down and be more stable at speed. I've seen people running similar lengths and very happy.

Originally posted by MadDog56
    The longer swinger will come in handy with the BDN kit, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

An 8 over swinger will really draw some power and is a lot for anything but a drag bike. Its not going to turn all that well, especially on pavement. But it will keep the front end down and be more stable at speed. I've seen people running similar lengths and very happy.
    I feel happy already

Make sure you post some pics on here when your done... Both sitting and in action.
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

wats up guys i got some swingarm questions would you know what chain i should run if i go +1 1/4 with stock sprockets and I could still use the stock shock wright thanks

Originally posted by FRED67
    wats up guys i got some swingarm questions would you know what chain i should run if i go +1 1/4 with stock sprockets and I could still use the stock shock wright thanks
    You will need a few more links but your sprocket combo will ultimately determine how many. Just buy a few more links that you think you'll need and cut to fit when you get it put together. You can use your stock rear shock but its needs to be revalved if you want to maintain the same level of performance with a longer swingarm.