Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i hook up my kill switch?

how do i hook up my kill switch?

now that racer productions is checking kill switches at the gncc's, does anyone know which wire i use to hook up mine?
    06 yfz450
    07 250ex
    05 kasea 90

take the ground to the frame somwhere. take the other wire to the pure white wire on the bottom set of wires coming from your CDI box!

So? you are saying to ground the wire feeding the Magneto which looks to me like it leads back to the CDI box and is on the primary side of the coil?
    04/YFZ450, 02/YZ250F, 01/250EX
    C&D racing
    MHSC #226
    http://www.warpedracing.tk/

wiring

DO NOT ground it like that u will burn up your wiring harness seen it first hand at gncc race this weekend u have two options

first buy the baldwin motorsports wiring kit give them a call its pretty cheap

or do wat i did remove the starter/light/kill switch on the left of the handle bar then buy a yz dirt bike kill switch to hook up as your starter butter then hook your teather switch up to the wires that use to go to the old kill switch assembly any questions let me know

wow
    someone with some smarts
    I have another option. get a pengel N/C switch witch is made for ignition kill switches, and wire it in series with your factory off button.
    do it with water proof connecters that are avaliable at any parts store.
    works great. and no dead battery problems
    04/YFZ450, 02/YZ250F, 01/250EX
    C&D racing
    MHSC #226
    http://www.warpedracing.tk/

We have come to learn that standard tether-cord kill switches do not work on the Yamaha YFZ450. They require a wiring harness. We know of one source of the kill switch for Yamahas: Earlywine Racing. Call them at 606-883-3098 if you shop doesn't have what you need. When was this learned and my sons was hooked up by the dealer we got it from it's a pro design. Should we not use this?

or do wat i did remove the starter/light/kill switch on the left of the handle bar then buy a yz dirt bike kill switch to hook up as your starter butter then hook your teather switch up to the wires that use to go to the old kill switch assembly any questions let me know
    hey xcyfz450,

this is what we are doing on my buddy's bike. does it matter which wire goes to what from the stock kill switch to the newl switch? thanks for any info you can provide....don't want my quad to burn to the ground
    06 yfz450
    07 250ex
    05 kasea 90

After telling so many guys how to connect your kill switch to the solid white wire, this way is disabled when you install a vortex cdi.

So I've worked out a better way that works for both cdi.
    Follow the wires up from the oil filler plug (four wires) to just before the first connector (under the hood) the wires separate into pairs.
    Pick the white/red pair and splice the longest wire out of the kill switch into the white wire and the short wire from the k/switch into the red wire.
    No need to earth any wire.

Good luck, Geoff.

will that work because and kill switch is a closed loop and makes its connection when its pulled off

Originally posted by CatMostFeared
    will that work because and kill switch is a closed loop and makes its connection when its pulled off
    I tried it that way and it did not work. Im gonna buy the Baldwin adapter.
    04' Blue/White YFZ 450

Trail Tech -4 Flywheel
    Pro Design Kill Switch
    Thunder Alley Exhaust
    Ron Woods Intake
    GYT-R 13:1 Piston
    Cam Mod
    Hipers all around
    Kenda Klaw MXF
    Kenda Klaw MXR
    X Factor Pro Pegs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast