Thread: Radiator Fan -not working OR ???

Radiator Fan -not working OR ???

Still kinda cool here in MN, but it seems to me, that,... this year,.. I have yet to hear, or see my fan working.
    I've removed headlights & tail lite & wondering if that has anything to do w/ it? Since reading the article on battery problems @ the Doug Gust site I'm lead to believe they are tied together somehow???
    What I'd like to do is install a manual switch for the fan to kick on, but,......unsure if stator / regulator could handle the constant current being drawn?
    Any ideas or input much appreciated for all you YFZ owner's out there!

A friend of mine in Cali has a yfz. He racing mx and dunes a lot. He said he rarely had his fan ever turn on, and it never has had the temp light come on. He said his fan only came on 2 times while it was sitting and idling.

Since then, he has taken off the fan and other parts to drop the weight, and its been a few months with zero problems.
    And Then There Was EX

District 22 #84
    Sponsors: East Coast Powder Works

2000 Full Race 416ex: SOLD!

2002 Arenacross CR125- the new baby!

dont worry my fan has come on only once in 90 degree weather just puttng around. the yfz draws in enough air where you really dont even need the fan.
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome