Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rear shock kickin me over the bars...

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)

rear shock kickin me over the bars...

i'm having a problem with my rear shock wanting to kick me over the handle bars when i hit bumps... i finally got a video of it today i'm gonna try to post it so u guys can see whats goin on and mayb tell me whast wrong... i think its my rebound but i'm clueless... ok the video won't post so i'm gonna upload a screen shot and work on the video... i gotta host it from somewhere...

my set up right now is stk front shocks (still waiting on my arens a-arms so i can put on my elkas), elka converted rear shock for 160 - 175 gncc i'm 155lbs without gear... so i'm right around 158lbs with gear on...

could my problem just be the SSD in the back and the stk front shocks... right now its to the point if i hit a bump in 3rd gear it nearly sends me over the bars... i use to be able to hit this bump in 4th gear no problem b4... now 3rd its nose diving really bad... i'm on the gas the whole way not letting off and as u can see i'm wayyyy over the back...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

ill host the vid for u just give me a minute

thanks ralph...

and i know the jump b4 the other one in it that i hit is super small... but stk fronts suck and its all i got within 20 mins of me haha so don't bust one me for it...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

here u go

Tommy Vid

i had a problem with that when i only had my PEP ZPS up front and stock in the rear, but i would think it would be the exact opposite with your setup?? hmmmm interesting
    Brandon Preuss
    www.akraix.com

-'04 YFZ 450
    -'87 Banshee (for sale!)
    -'04 Arctic Cat F7 Snowpro

i had the same problem with mine this weekend, turn down the rebound and maybe go down on the compression too...

ok tommy your vid is really blurry but im shure you know that already . from what i see, the bumb is really too small too be hitting that fast! im shure if you hit it slower your rear shock doesnt spring you? do you have astock rear shock? ok when you hit this small bump, your front shocks are absorbing it but when your rear hit it it spring you, because your shock is too stiff. what we do it take ALL of the rebound out. look in your manual about it. i have too go now but i will get back with you on ways too correct this! hope that helped peace

i've hit it harder then this... and i've hit it on my friends quad (totaly stock 400) same gear with no problem of it kickin me over the bars...

its not just this bump thats doin it either... its everyone i come 2... this is just one that i had on video and shows a good picture of what its doin...

i can be running 4th gear up a logging road and hit a small dip or a lil bump and my rear end comes way up off the ground... its like the high speed hits are WAY to stiff for me...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

ok, i think i know what it is. next time, try scotting your butt way back too the back of the seat then right as your front wheels get close too the jump, hammer the throttle. that should raise your front end. also in the air try giving it gas, the momentum of the tires will bring the rear down. also try down shifting, you might be in too high of a gear, causing your engine too lugg and not having enough momentum too carry your rear over. try those

id hate to say this, but eat some of the deermeat ur have ready for raush(u better have some) and gain a little weight... lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast