Thread: Heavy Duty Head Studs

Heavy Duty Head Studs

I am wondering what the best upgrade head studs are. I have seen ECATV has them along with FDO. FDOs are $20 cheaper, but I want these to work, so who has the best for the cheapest. It doesn't have to be one of these companies either.
    2001 416EX with Sparks X-6, FCR 39mm, ELKA Triple rates with cans, Burgard +3+1 A-Arms, Elka Linkage with Custom Axis Rear shock, Denton Steering Stabilizer, WISECO 87mm 11:1 with Hotcams Stage II, FDO Heavy Duty Head Studs, WB Rev Box, K&N Air Filter, Cascade Parking Brake Blockoff, AC racing Pro Peg nerfs, Renthal Sprockets, Renthal bars, DG bumper, DG Swing arm Skid, RPM 2+2 axle, speed locknut, Magura Jack Hydraulic Clutch

1988 TRX350R ported by NRPD, ESR TRX5, PWK 38mm A/S, Gibson Long Travel A-Arms, Elka Quad Rate longtravels, Laeger Swinger, ESR reed block

2007 CBR1000RR, Akrapovic Full Race, Comp Werks FE, DynoJet PCIII, ShoGun Sliders

i don't know about prices but i have been told by a couple people that the fdo studs are awesome.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

Yes, FDO Racing HD studs are very good. $100

Glamis
    NEW RIDE.....
    Houser Framed '02 CRF450 Hybrid. Powdercoated gold, chrome Houser sub-frame, Houser +4 no-link swingarm, +2 houser a arms, Houser stem, Tag T2 bars, +4 Dominator2 axle, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, Hardkore hubs, Dream waterpump cover, Dream clutch cover, Fullbore plastic, AC Pro-pegs,braided brake lines, and more....

i got mine from east coast atv for like 95 bucks and they work good they maybe the same studs just at different prices ??????
    2000 440 ex
    yoshimura full exhaust, ac nerfs, prm bumper, um air box, braided lines, magura hyd clutch, ars-fx + 1 aarms,
    custom axis shocks, wer stabilizer,
    hipers with blue rings and razr 2's
    protapers, burgard stem,
    oury grips, prm skids, cycra probend hand guards
    chrome burgard sub frame
    prm gwide grab bar

special thanks to
    pairanutz racing ,badlands offroad park,millcreek whitetail farm ,, buffalo creek scent products and wife and kids

HEAVY DUTY HEAD STUDS

Most of the repair stud kits ,that I have seen,are 12mm/1.25 thread. This is 2mm bigger in dia. then the original 10mm/1.25,but,they are still a fine thread stud. Fine threads in alluminum ,in a high stress application ,is not a desirable combination. Coarse threads have a deeper and thicker thread that offer more contact surface from thread to thread and the extra thickness has a higher shear point ( abbility to withstand higher stress loads). Our studs are 7/16-14 thread on the bottom with the standard 10x1.25 on the top. The bottom has extra threads plus a 1/4'' long by 5/16'' diameter nub on the end of the stud. This nub allows the stud to bottom out in the cylinder before the threads do. You do not have to torque them in the cylinder.We run them in hand tight , then give them a little nudge with a wrench.

**EDIT QJ** read rules on Advertising......
    Mr. FDO

GOt the FDO studs through Kenz Cycle Tech in Mesa. Haven't installed them yet, but they look like they should work really well.
    2001 416EX with Sparks X-6, FCR 39mm, ELKA Triple rates with cans, Burgard +3+1 A-Arms, Elka Linkage with Custom Axis Rear shock, Denton Steering Stabilizer, WISECO 87mm 11:1 with Hotcams Stage II, FDO Heavy Duty Head Studs, WB Rev Box, K&N Air Filter, Cascade Parking Brake Blockoff, AC racing Pro Peg nerfs, Renthal Sprockets, Renthal bars, DG bumper, DG Swing arm Skid, RPM 2+2 axle, speed locknut, Magura Jack Hydraulic Clutch

1988 TRX350R ported by NRPD, ESR TRX5, PWK 38mm A/S, Gibson Long Travel A-Arms, Elka Quad Rate longtravels, Laeger Swinger, ESR reed block

2007 CBR1000RR, Akrapovic Full Race, Comp Werks FE, DynoJet PCIII, ShoGun Sliders