Thread: frame gusset

frame gusset

i got a 03 z and i race gncc i bent the stock frame in a bad wreck so i bought a new stock frame. i am a certified welder that is what i do for a living and i have come up with a gusset kit of my own. i was wondering though if any of you guys have gusseted your frames and if so if you had some pics or some advice that i may not know about. please let me know.
    Kyle Salisbury

ac bumper,works rebuilt by deresi front shocks, denton dampener, after market gusseted frame, prm skids, blue maier plastic quad tech hood, msr handle bars, roll design steering stem, lonestar tie rods, 23x7x10 razer 2s on hiper wheels, 22x11x9 kinda klaws on hiper wheels, 440 lrd motor kit lrd full exhuast, uni air filter with billet adapter, 41mm edelbrock carb, msr seat cover, elka rear shock with elka linkage, denton swing arm, durablue x-33 axle, wave rotors, steel braided brake lines, magura hyd. clutch, ac nerf bars, ims desert style gas tank, and more

heres my (home made)gussets

youll wanna re weld some of the stock welds like the a-arm brackets

****rein force the steering stemm mount it is very weak if you have strong bars and roll it will snap off***

here it is after powder coating and being reinstalled

I just welded my Z400 frame. I got the gussets thru Bare Performance. it comes w/ 13 gussets getting all the major weak points. this kit beats the lonestar kit which sells for over $100. the bare kit is only 65$