Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weak yfz 450

Weak yfz 450

Couldnt believe this happend. Went riding this past weekend, and my buddy now has a yfz. Hes was doing a pretty good wheelie and then went over onto his grab bar, he panicked a little and I think he tried putting his foot down or something. Anyway he fell off and the quad rolled onto its left side pretty gently. He wasnt really going to fast and its not like the quad flipped over or any thing it just kind of tipped onto its left side. Well it bent the steering knuckle I think. Its the peice where the top and bottom a-arms bolt on to. and also the part the spindle is in. Bent this peice no the top of the tire is pointed in on the quad, also tore the little ball joint boot on the top of the a-arm which cant be replaced without replaceing the top a-arm. Pretty crappy. I know his quad if faster but I have done a hell of a lot worse to my 400ex and the only thing I have had to replace was the handle bars.
    ALL PAID FOR BY ME AND FOR ME

O3 400EX
    AC RACING SWINGARM SKID
    FLY HANDLEBARS
    K AND N FILTER W/OUTWEARS
    GRAYDON PROLINE NERFS
    FMF POWER BOMB HEADER W/ CHM SILENCER
    WORKS TRIPLE RATE W/CANS
    20-11-9 HOLESHOT XCR'S

Well going from veritical to horitontal sideways, prolly all the weight came down on the left tire when it rolled, causeing it to bend and break some stuff on the quad. Then again, i rolled my 250ex thousands of times, even going near full speed, and i never broke one thing on that quad, it was a tank !
    "Syrus The Virus"

2003 Honda Rubicon (red)
    2002 Honda 450es (yellow)
    2002 Oryx t-line equipe 125
    2004 FreeAgent Team Limo (Custom)
    2002 400ex
    Many many dirtbikes... to many..

2001 250ex - SOLD

Originally posted by citizennobody
    ...dont drink and surf...

Yeah I was trying to do a hill probably 200ft tall got about 170ft up then my 400 rolled back down. Like I said, had to replace the bars.
    ALL PAID FOR BY ME AND FOR ME

O3 400EX
    AC RACING SWINGARM SKID
    FLY HANDLEBARS
    K AND N FILTER W/OUTWEARS
    GRAYDON PROLINE NERFS
    FMF POWER BOMB HEADER W/ CHM SILENCER
    WORKS TRIPLE RATE W/CANS
    20-11-9 HOLESHOT XCR'S

...iv'e seen a few & all have held up good unlike most yammi's (cough* raptor). maybe it was already bent a little or something so it was really weak

Chit happens, sounds like a freak accident.
    05 YFZ
    Custom Axis, Ars-Fx, Hiper, Rekluse, Pro-tec Skids.... Nuff Said!

OXC #317 B-Class

That stuff happens. I did something like that on my 400 and my balljoint snapped right in half on my upper a-arm. Something has to give when there is nothing to absorb it.

uh oh, wander what would happen if he wrecked and actually rolled it a few times? not good. i took my 450R to the track and then back tires clipped the landing of a double. it landed on one front wheel and rolled onto me and then flipped 3 times. the only thing that bent was the rear grab bar and the bars a little. those parts have to be light and crappy so it helps keep the quad at 350 pounds. i'd rather wish it was 370 with a few more reliable parts, but o well. the new Pro Taper T2 Gold bars will look nice
    450Racer's Mom

Always pack a big first aid kit, wheelchair and crutches in the motorhome, just in case!

Originally posted by MotoMom17
    uh oh, wander what would happen if he wrecked and actually rolled it a few times? not good. i took my 450R to the track and then back tires clipped the landing of a double. it landed on one front wheel and rolled onto me and then flipped 3 times. the only thing that bent was the rear grab bar and the bars a little. those parts have to be light and crappy so it helps keep the quad at 350 pounds. i'd rather wish it was 370 with a few more reliable parts, but o well. the new Pro Taper T2 Gold bars will look nice
    id much rather for sumthing cheap and easily replaceable such as my handlebars or grabar to bend or break rather than my frame or steering stem...wouldnt you??
    99' 406ex
    Elka/Renthal/Kenda
    06' LTR450
    Maxxis/Flexx/AC

I think that wrecks are totally random on how they affect your quad like when YOU wreck. Sometimes some can do what looks like just a little wreck but they end up breaking bones and stuff. But sometimes a really hard looking wreck won't even hurt someone.

I've bent my steering stem on my 400ex when I rolled it in just 1st gear. But I've also rolled it in 3rd gear and nothing happened to it.

I've endoed and rolled my YFZ a few times. The only thing that has happened so far was my front brake lever rotated on the bars. With a little tug.... I was back in business.

Judging how tough a quad is by how well it holds up to wrecks is kind of an innaccurate and unreliable thing to do.

I am not genius, but I believe the YFZ was made to ride on four wheels, not sliding across a field horizontally. Accident happen **** breaks. Sometimes just weird **** happens. Maybe a rock was in the field and he hit it when it fell over, or maybe the YFZ is a POS. So many variables on why it broke.

PS. I dont think the YFZ is a POS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast