Thread: Wrecked my ride....seek advice

Wrecked my ride....seek advice

I tossed my quad (LZ400) this weekend. It is new, I am a new rider, etc.... so I have a couple of concerns. First off, the only thing I tweaked was the clutch assembly on the handlebars and the right front fender (that I can see). I think I flipped it, but am not sure as I was being tossed about pretty good. The fluids were leaking (only slightly) from the clutch resevoir and the brake resevoir (front brake side). I uprighted the quad to find the left clutch assembly tweaked. Straightened that back up with 8 mm socket. Popped the plastic back in place on the right hand front fender/fairing. All looks good ok, but is there anything else I should be concerned with? Any kind of structural damage, electrical, hydralic, etc? I'm just not sure as I am a street bike rider and have just gotten into quading. Thanks
    Jeff

Get used to it, wrecking is a normal course of riding. The Z has been know to have a weak frame, so I would check to see if it is straight.

But other than that, I'm sure everything is fine, most quads are pretty durable, and takes a lot to mess them up pretty good.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

Doi, thanks for the info. I thought that the "weak" frame bit was '03 and older. My dealer told me that the '04 had a newer frame with other goodies that improved it over the '03. Maybe he was just trying to push out the new ones and leave '03's for buddies?
    Jeff

I believe you might be correct. I think I remember reading where they did some updates.
    '02 Red 400
    It's faster now then when I bought it!

the new ones are still pretty weak.

sounds like a handlebar landing hehe. make sure to check the upper steering stem bracket, that was(prolly still is) weak point in the frame...especially for what happened to your quad.
    No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food.
    http://www.atvnc.com/
    http://www.z400central.com/

Check your axle too, both my buds with Z's crashed and bent their axles.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

Thanks guys. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know what to look for. It does seem to ride straight, if that is worth anything.
    Jeff