Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi dunes?

Mississippi dunes?

I saw a thread on here the other day about a place somewhere in Mississippi that had mx tracks, dunes, drags, and alot of other stuff that was trying to expand and be open every day. I tried to search for it and can't find it. If someone could link me to that thread that would be great.

...Ditto
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

I went with a few friends the other weekend. It is just west of wiggins Mississippi off of hwy 26. 250+ acres of nothing but sand dunes and water holes. Extreamly great place to ride. Far better than LA dunes by far. $20.00 per quad to ride per day. No glass and no swimming. The owners are ultra cool and appreciate all the business. Most people ride there on Sundays. They have a drag track (SAND) and it is really cool. I will try and find the number so you can call.

There is a place in Sicily Island, LA that sounds like what you're talking about. Its Catahoula Recreation Area. It pretty cool if you're into sand drags. There are a few trails and a creek that you might be able to run a 4X4 in. The best part is the big hill at the front. Good for a day trip, not much more. Check them out at http://www.atvdirtbikerecreation.com/

any numbers or addressess on the location of these dunes in wiggins? apparently im less than half hour from them...I LIVE off of hwy 26!

thanks
    jason
    yfz & raptor

Does anyone have any kind of site or extra info on the place? Sounds like my next trip.

Originally posted by CHEVYZ
    Does anyone have any kind of site or extra info on the place? Sounds like my next trip.
    Ditto

i was actually there today!

at least i found it with some rough directions...ive got a phone number somewhere...apparently its only open to riding on the weekends...but nevertheless its sand...

its not exactly dunes like im used to out west but it appears to be a good time for a day trip...
    there is a store 9 miles east of I59...its on highway 26...take 26 east from 59 and at about 9 miles youll see a general store on the right side...make a right shortly after that and take that rode for a long ways!...i didnt get to clock it but stay on the main rode for a ways until you come to a stop sign...at this point i believe youve come to OLD MS 26...at least that is what my GPS said it was....you turn left and go a ways until you see a tree farm of sort with a long white fence...at the end of the tree farm i believe the road either bent on its own to the right or i turned right...dont remember i followed somebody... but your real close when you vear to the right...another few hundred feet down that road and you will see a sign on the left on the ground...small white sign that says sand something rather on it...there are phone numbers etc...the firechief i spoke too showed me the way and said that it was $20 a day on sat and sunday and that you put the money in the little white shack lookin thing on the left when you come in....i would guess you dont need paddles from what i saw...however if you wanna get in on the drags then youll want paddles....the sand is nice....and theres a decent bit of it...two groomed drag lanes...i cant wait till i get my paddels mailed down here....but for this weekend i think im gonna hit it up with the razrs just to go enjoy the day!...its been 3 months since ive been riding

jason
    yfz & raptor

that sounds like the place we went to last year...i know it closed after katrina...hopefully it is open again it was a nice place....they had a site www.sandatv.com

It is open. I have been there in the past three months. The owner lives on the road right before you get to the pit. His name is John Diamond. There are normally more people in the pit on Sundays than Sat. It is $20.00 per atv Open at 9am sat and sun till ... No swimming and no glass bottles. Go to the Cement farm next to the pit to sign waver and pay $20.00.. I'll give a contact number in a bit. It is in my truck and I just woke up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast