Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I grease?

What should I grease?

I have greased the swingarm, axle, rear suspension, a-arms, front shocks, and the upper steering bushing. Could someone please list all of the grease points. What about the upper and lower balljoints, tie-rods, lower steering bushing, and front wheel bearings?????

nobody knows?

Thumbs up

I think you did a good job. When in doubt, grease it.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Talking Oil and Grease

Really... You should oil or grease everything but the brake rotors and grips
    80 horsepower engines on 300 pound frames... Thats like having 2000 horsepower in your family car.

STOLEN: 1995 TRX300EX *Cobra JET Exhaust *K&N Air Filter *.040 overbore with high comp piston and Porting *Works Suspension *Sunstar 14/36 Aluminum Sprockets *Web Full-Race Cam, Valves, and Springs *AC Nerf Bars *DG Baja Swingarm plate *Renthal "RM bend" Handlebars *Motion Pro Twist Throttle *Scott Comp2 Grips *Ceet gripper seat cover *Hotwire Ignition Wires *Filtered Airbox Vents *20X10X9 Titan Fast Trekker Rear tires

Don't forget the rear brake pedal shaft. If that thing seizes up, it'll be damn hard to get out!! Been there, done that..

Later, Sherri

hey how do u grease those joints on the front a arms and stuff??

OK am I just stupid or does our 400ex not have any grease zirks?
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

No grease zircs Nausty....you're not stupid. :devil

There are no grease zirks anywhere on our 400ex. They are internal so you don't have to ever grease them, they want you to have to just buy new ball joints after they prematurely wear, so the top level executives at Honda can afford to buy there son a new 400 so he'll stop swearing at the dinner table! Everyone is always ripping on banshees, as much as I love my 400, at least my banshee had grease zirks! That is probably the sole reason everone should buy a banshee before their extinct, or you could get really picky and buy one because of its motor!

What to grease!

Oh yeah, don't forget to grease your knob if you plan on riding any old ladies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast