Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev Limiter

Rev Limiter

Does the WB rev limiter make a big difference. Is it worth the money?
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

If you have a motor that pumps out extra HP yeah,,,it's not a must to have and some will say it's not worth having at all. If your just a trail rider and weekend warrior don't get it,, and on a stock bike it ain't gonna help squat....

I jetted it and it seems to hit the stock rev limiter all the time now.
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

it will always help if you are hitting the rev limiter but i would suggest a bigger front sprocket or a smaller back sprocket because al the 400s ive ridden should have more than enough power to still pull these bigger or smaller sprockets easily

Well that would be the least expensive way to go. should I just go up or down 1 tooth or a couple?
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

i think you should buy 2 front sprockets one that has one extra tooth and one that has 2 extra teeth and try both see which one you like . i tried a 14 tooth on my 300 before i got my pipe and didnt seem to have the power on low end that it used to but with the pipe it has more than it ever did have. but a 400 should have more than enough power for a 2 tooth larger sprocket

So its better to replace the front ?
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

no doesnt matter but i just said that because it is probably cheaper because they are smaller than the rear ones

ok, thanks
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

carl..if your gonna get the rev limiter get one from a new xr250..it's like 60 bucks..give 1200 more rpm..and i belive it advance timing 5 degress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast