Thread: z400 tranny problem

z400 tranny problem

i posted this on z400 central too.......my z will not shift in neautral...or any other gear besides 1st and reverse.....1st and reverse work fine...but it will the shifter will not move up anymore....any idea on what is going on?

steve
    WWW.EXTREMEADRENALINE.COM
    www.cvboyz.com
    www.stuntlife.com
    www.z400central.com

i know i rock a Z but we are all in the same game.

Did you change the oil regularly? Also I've heard, but have no backup proof of it, that if you ride a lot of roads this can happen. The engagement dogs round off, or something to that extent. Someone with more tranny experience can shed some light on that i'm sure. Other than that, check simple things like, the shifter being loose or bent. good luck.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250

maybe u have somethin stuck in the spring so it cant shift up take the shift lever off and check.

Same Deal.......

Mine did this in georgia. here is what i know so far my radiator had a small leak in it that has not been found yet and this caused the motor to over heat and just scorched the end side my 4 wheeler is at the shop right now and they have not tore into the tranny yet ill let ya know what the deal is cause mine did the same at first we thought it was a shifter fork bent or broken off......but ill keep ya up to date if ya want me to.

Re: Same Deal.......

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shuee_400
    [B] my radiator had a small leak in it that has not been found yet and this caused the motor to over heat and just scorched the end side

Did you not notice coolant leaking out of it?
    2003 Z400 Pro Circuit T4, K&N, Burgard +2's, LSR Axle, and Works Tripple Rates with Rezzies, and many more
    2002 250EX Graydon Nerfs, K&N, AC Grab Bar, Pro Design Kill Switch
    2001 Raptor 660R-For Sale, Yoshi full pipe, LSR axle, K&N, Jetted, warranty until 3-05
    1985 ATC200X