Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? about the WB E- series Pipe

? about the WB E- series Pipe

i should be recieving my e series pipe in about 2 days and i am going to run stock jetting, stock filter, and everything else stock. i am located around sea level and i was wondering if the stock jetting is fine for my area? would i mess up my motor from running it to lean because i didnt buy a jet kit?

Thumbs up

I have been going through this myself and the guys here have given me some great advise. I purchased the slip-on and kept my factory jetting (148main) and kept nine disks and my machine ran great and the plug looked good. I had an impressive HP gain without doing the jetting but I put the full 12 disks back in and am in the process of doing the re-jet bust to see if I can gain more:devil

so with 9 disks i will notice a power increase? i weigh about 120 lbs. and to pop a wheelie in 2nd gear i have to have clutch in and give her some gas and let it out. i want to be able to get it up in 3rd gear. if i get it up on 2nd gear i can shift to 3rd and keep it up but i want to get it up in third. Do you think with the e-series and stock jetting and 9 disks i will be able to do this?

I also bought the WB slip on E Series. After I installed mine it ran like crap. I ended up getting the power kit. ReJetted to 146 main. I am also at sea level. Mine runs perfect now.

cool jack!
    '01 426EX

Got Sand?

Yes with nine disks and the stock jetting you will notice a NICE increase in power. By the way I was running a UNI air filter with no airbox mods as well.

Angry dont wheelie using the clutch!!!!!!

For all those people that wheelie using the clutch will probably be spending some nice $$ in the future, here is an way on doing wheelies just find the balance point sit back pull up on the handlebars and give it gas works every time for me but with a pipe on you just lean back and tap the gas and she ll go !!!
    so dont use the clutch to wheelie!!! :devil :devil
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

so your saying that with the e-series with stock jetting i will just get it up by giving it gas?

if u can't get a stock 400ex to stand up in 2nd gear just by punching the throttle somethings wrong. when my ex was stock it came right up in 2nd just by hanging on and extending your right thumb. and could wheelie in 3rd if i pulled up on the bars. now that i've piped and jetted it, its just alittle easier than b4. maybe your throttle cable needs adjusted.

I dont know about stock jetting but the pipe will help u do wheelies easier!!!
    Like Strat said if you cant do wheelies in stock(2nd or 3rd) by pulling on the bars i would check the throtle cable and stuf!!
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast