Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh I Need Help!!!

Unhappy Oh I Need Help!!!

Ok here's the deal, this is on my 300ex. I thought that my battery was bad so I took it to the battery store & they tested it & it's fine. Soooo when I hit the start button it just makes a zinging noise?? Sorry wish I could explain better LOL but anyway so I took the switch assembly off of our 400 (same part #'s) & put that on there & still NOTHING sounds the same! Does anyone have ANY ideas what this might be?? We are going to get the test light on it tonight or this weekend but just looking for ideas, I did put another wiring harness on it (cuz it was having issues before but then it didn't make ANY noises) it was just plain dead. I havne't had any troubles w/ it since until last weekend it just all of a sudden started this It will bump start just fine & run but as soon as I turn it off it's done. Well I hope someone can help me, I WISH I had a kick start!!! Thanks for your help I really need to get this figured out, I can't race w/ it like this
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

Maybe the some of the gears between the starter and the flywheel arent engaging.

Check all the grounds.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

maybe try tapping on your starter solenoid. is the noise coming from that? its the one under the seat.
    Ride it like u stole it.
    450r, Elka, WER, GT Thunder, Fasst

Special Thanks To:
    *Risslers EXtreme ATV*

i had the same problem,and i checked my battery and it said it was charged,but it really wasn't my battery was dead,that is it
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

Originally posted by 300exrida
    i had the same problem,and i checked my battery and it said it was charged,but it really wasn't my battery was dead,that is it
    Hmmmm well i guess tomarrow i will be taking the battery off the 400 & tyring that LOL poor 400 hehe I keep thinking it's the battery too cuz the way it sounds. When we leave the battery charger hooked up Ron said it will start Thanks for the suggestions & wish me LUCK!!! If it was pouring rain I'd go try it now, it's driving me crazy
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

sounds like your starter is spinning but not engaging. hope its just your battery but usually thats a clicking noise

Originally posted by RideRedEX
    sounds like your starter is spinning but not engaging. hope its just your battery but usually thats a clicking noise
    OH I hope that it's not the starter I just priced one on Service Honda's website $245 OUCH & I have a race on the 13th looks like I may be running the blaster naw I gotta think positive, HELL w/ the property taxes I need a starter LOL J/K

Maybe I should rephrase the "sound" my son says it sounds like this tatatata ROFLMAO almost sound like one of the commercials where someone is trying to tell the mechanic the sound thier vehicle is making
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Dont want to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like its your starterclutch.

It's your starter. I would either look for a starter on here, check on Ebay, or just tear your starter apart and replace what's broke.
    You don't have to buy the whole starter, you can purchase just the parts you need and rebuild it.
    Tony

Arens Axis XC 310R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast