Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Disapointed with Arens!

Angry Little Disapointed with Arens!

well...about 2 1/2 weeks ago i made a call to arens...in search of a frame for my crf motor...and that would use all my 400ex components. John told me that he already had one made for someone then they decided they did not want the frame...so i told him that i would take it...along with there new radiators..
    i asked him a few questions about the conversion and everything and he told me everything would bolt right up and be ready to go.
    He told me it should be at my house in about a week and be ready to go....well a week went by...and no frame...and no frame..so i decided to call john back to see what the problem was.
    He simply told me that he was making some sort of radiator bracket for the frame. Well...the first time i was on the phone with him he said the frame was p/c'ed and ready to be shipped.
    I was wondering, shouldnt these brackets have already been made?It was tuesday when i called the second time...he said he would have the brackets made and have it shipped out wed.....and said i should have it by friday...b/c he is not that far away from me. well..didnt get the frame friday...or saturday. I called him again on monday.. and all i got was the answering machine. Then...after not hearing from him, tuesday when i got home from school....there was a large box sitting by my house. Sure enough it was my frame and radiator... I was very excited to put my quad together...so excited i pretty much forgot about the extra time i had to wait to get the frame....UNTILL...when i tried putting my nice crf motor into the frame...i noticed...that there were no motor mounts or spacers with the frame. So once again.. i made another call to john...asking him if the mounts and brackets and such came in the packaged deal(which i thought they did b/c we talked about that b4) He replyed yes and that he would send me everything i needed by tomorrow. At this point i was wondering...if i hadnt called him...would he have still send the mounts?....Well after being very disapointed that i could not put my motor in i decided to start putting some other components onto the frame....Started with a-arms first...and right away ran into this problem with the arms mounting up....when one side was lined up to go in, the other side was about 1/16th of an inch off....this happened with both sides...top and bottom. i double checked that i was trying to put it on the correct way...everything looked right....i just dont know why they wouldnt line up...these arms worked perfectly fine on my stock 400 frame..

and who know what other problems i might run into while doing this project....ill be making another call to john tomorrow...to try to get this worked out..

this being my first time dealing with arens...doesnt make them seem like a good company in my eyes...i just wonder if they are all like this..and this is a sign of the quality..or lack of quality..that u can expect from arens.

here are some pics...the frame looked great at first glance..but not so great after further inspection...I hope me and john can work something out with this...

well...wish me luck

Nick
    #32 Nick Edmundson-

My rideSOLD) 2003 Crf450, arens frame, hermann +3 LT arms, lonestar stearing stem, lonestar +4 axle, PEP zps LT fronts, Axis dual rate rear, cross-eyed +1 1/4 swingarm, FCR 40 carb, AC propeg nerfs,AC belly skidplate, rear hipers , lonestar anit-fade, aluminum airbox, o'neal bars, baldwin motorsports front hubs, quad-tech carbon fiber hood, baldwin bar clamp, rear-klaws front- holeshots, and a bunch of other small things...IM me for pics of it.

AOL sn- nedmundson32

You have nice hands...you should be in a watch catalog.
    #72...Tricks up my Sleeve

"I just don't want to die without a few scars"

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan" Tom Landry

03 Tib GT2.7

We had major problems with stuff fitting on the houser yzf quad that was put togther also. Be prepared for lots of little things not fitting.
    2006 LTR450 Almost stock and love it.

what did u to to make stuff work?
    #32 Nick Edmundson-

My rideSOLD) 2003 Crf450, arens frame, hermann +3 LT arms, lonestar stearing stem, lonestar +4 axle, PEP zps LT fronts, Axis dual rate rear, cross-eyed +1 1/4 swingarm, FCR 40 carb, AC propeg nerfs,AC belly skidplate, rear hipers , lonestar anit-fade, aluminum airbox, o'neal bars, baldwin motorsports front hubs, quad-tech carbon fiber hood, baldwin bar clamp, rear-klaws front- holeshots, and a bunch of other small things...IM me for pics of it.

AOL sn- nedmundson32

one BFH!!

Originally posted by crap-banshee32
    what did u to to make stuff work?
    hammer,and if that don't work get a bigger hammer
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

You do realize that John reads and writes in tese forums dont you? Anyway after you get fixed up with everything let everyone know how Johnny got you fixed up. All too often people tell about their bad experiences with companys and never tell how the company's made it right with them. You at least owe them that much.
    1987 Honda/Powroll TRX300X - Set up for MX (District 14 #570)

1983 Honda CR125R
    [
    URL=http://www.geocities.com/stoaste/quadpics.html]Pictures of my 300X[/URL]

if john works with me adn works something out with me i will not be angry...i was just kinda angered that nothing was working right for me....
    #32 Nick Edmundson-

AOL sn- nedmundson32

i also noticed you are using aftermarket a-arms.....try a stock 400 arm and see if it fits...i bet it will
    87 250r

why would a stock a-arm work....its all set up for a 400ex...i used those same arms with my stock frame, and they worked fine
    #32 Nick Edmundson-

AOL sn- nedmundson32

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast