Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDI on a 450R

PDI on a 450R

Does anyone have the specifics on what it takes to get one running out of the crate?

ppppppppppppp

na take the rear skid on off the left rear tire, bolt it on check the fluids and fill with gas and air up the tires and wash the cosmaline- i know its spelled wrong the stuff looks like oil they spray all over the units when they ship them
    eddysiegers2007 b+25 champ, 2005 mideast vet champ,gncc #770 for 07

You forgot install the heel guards .

There aint much to do to them. They come pretty much assembled. Just check over adjustments gas, oil, install skid plate and heel guards and run it!
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'02 TRX400EX for sale. Emaculate!!!E-mail me if you are interested.

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Re: ppppppppppppp

Originally posted by holeshot19
    . ..check the fluids.. .
    so it comes with the fluids in it already?

It has some but will need to be topped off.
    '04 TRX450R now here!!! Have Sand Stars front and rear. AC nerfs on the way along with HRC kit and Factory Effex graphics kit!

'86 ATC250R Paul Turner HR pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Boyseen reeds, 39mm Mikuni Flat slide, K&N air filter, ported, CR250 Head Gasket.

Thanks a lot for the info, my bike is finally in the warehouse here [b.c., canada].

If I take it in the crate I should get it faster than if I wait untill the dealer can prepare it.

I don't know about Canada but in the US they can't legally sell you a unit in the crate. It has to be set up and delivered. Some dealers will sell them to customers they know really well but it is generally a no no.

adjust throttle too..................
    Been there...beat that.

Adjust throttle, ggod luck on that being done correctly. I had to turn mine out like 10-12 turns.
    Hit the gas and grin!

2004 TRX 450Fn'R
    Lonestar Axle, LSR AntiFade Hub
    Pro Tapers, Accerbis Handguards
    Beadlocks, Razr MX'ers
    Sparks X6 Race Exhaust
    Sparks Aggresive Drop Camshaft
    Sparks Jet Kit & Filter Kit
    A/C Nerfs
    Blingstar Iron Cross Bumper
    RTC Clutch Perch, and Lever
    PRM Radiator Shrouds
    Denton Adj. Steering Dampner
    Houser +1 Steering Stem, w/Anti-Vibe
    ASR A-Arms +2w,+1F
    Elka Triple Rates (ssd) with Remote Rezzy's

Ya every Honda I have ever PDIed the throttle cable is adjusted all the way in. Some actually follow the PDI sheet and adjust it and others dont'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast