Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX or YFZ?

TRX or YFZ?

soon i am going to be buying a new quad.i am either going to be getting a yfz or trx. i do not know which one to get. i ride track and trails every once in awhile im about 5' 5" 135 pounds. i am wondering what the advantages of both of them are and what the problems are with both of them. thank you for everyone who helps me out with this by reply it is very appreciated.

You'd be happy with either or. I've heard that the YFZ is more aggressive on the track. The Honda is more user friendly, but both are very good quads. Whatever one you pick, you'll be happy.
    The little EX is gone, but not forgotten

'04 400EX. Shockwears Shock Covers, DG Nerfs, Parking brake block off, aftermarket clutch perch.

Or a cannondale, they are pretty sweet and about 3grand less!
    My bike: yellow Z400 with Alba full pipe and flame graphics, K and N filter, Plasma ignition, Lazer lights, PRM skid, AC nerfs, AC bumper Renthals chain and Fatbars, Laeger +2 Arms, Works triple rate w/rezzies Pro Series, revalved rear, Lonestar Axcalibur +3

Brother's quad: LT250r with fmf fatty pipe, renthals, metaltech swing arm

Re: TRX or YFZ?

Originally posted by atvrider12764
    soon i am going to be buying a new quad.i am either going to be getting a yfz or trx. i do not know which one to get. i ride track and trails every once in awhile im about 5' 5" 135 pounds. i am wondering what the advantages of both of them are and what the problems are with both of them. thank you for everyone who helps me out with this by reply it is very appreciated.
    both great quads. YFZ comes more race ready IMO and is a better starter point for racing. But if you ride trails more than race i'd say the 450R would be the better machine. It's suppose to have a more friendly power band and I'd say the honda will be more reliable. But I've bashed my YFZ hard and have had no serious problems. Just ride both and see which one u feel better on.
    2006 YFZ450

Pro Elite
    Elka
    Gibson
    AC
    HMF
    Cam Mod
    KN
    Lonestar
    Tag
    175 main 45 pilot
    stock motor that kicks mayjor ***!!!!

2004 YFZ450

Big Gun Race Pipe
    LS Axle
    KN filter
    185 main 48 pilot
    Tag
    Kenda
    GYTR

Originally posted by 250EXking
    You'd be happy with either or. I've heard that the YFZ is more aggressive on the track. The Honda is more user friendly, but both are very good quads. Whatever one you pick, you'll be happy.
    How could anything you have to kick to start be more user friendly? Get the YFZ.
    jarsong
    08 Yamaha 250 Raptor
    08 SuzukiLTR450
    03 Suzuki LTZ400
    07 DRR DRX90 Limited

Yeah.. especially only weighing 135 lbs. Haha just kidding, I weigh the same. I have a TRX and have no problems kicking it over at all. Like they said, both are great quads.. mine is pretty stock, and nothing has gone wrong with it yet. *knocks on wood*

I had the choice and race MX so I went w/ the YFZ. They are pretty much the same speed w/ the YFZ having more midrange and top end w/ the TRX having more low-end. You have to ride the YFZ more like a 2-stroke to get all the power out of it. The TRX gets on 2 wheels too easy while cornering and is a bit too top-heavy for my likings. The TRX's suspension is more plush at slow speeds, but every step u pick up the pace, the YFZ's suspension starts to shine. Just my .02

Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
    I had the choice and race MX so I went w/ the YFZ. They are pretty much the same speed w/ the YFZ having more midrange and top end w/ the TRX having more low-end. You have to ride the YFZ more like a 2-stroke to get all the power out of it. The TRX gets on 2 wheels too easy while cornering and is a bit too top-heavy for my likings. The TRX's suspension is more plush at slow speeds, but every step u pick up the pace, the YFZ's suspension starts to shine. Just my .02
    Thats probbably the most honest comment about the 2 ATV's ever.

If you are planning on riding track i would definitely go with the YFZ. The TRX is more user friendly for all around use.
    #55 YFZ450 white and red,Shaved Fenders, Pro Taper SE bars, X-factor Nerfs, Pro Design Tether. LSR DC-4 A-arms, PEP ZPS Shocks. uni airbox vents, custom painted rims, kenda klaws, dominator 2 axle.

Get the YFZ if you think it doesnt have enough lowend power rejet and pull the baffle, If you ride the trails the TRX is horrible IMO geared to tall and the rear suspension sucks, i rode with TRX`s at the track and trail yesterday, very good quad but yamaha has a damn good machine, Track , trail or dunes!
    South Amboy, New Jersey

04 YFZ450 #91
    JRD

Dirttdoggs.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast