View Poll Results: what do you use to pollish aluminum?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sandpaper and elbow greese

2 15.38%
  • Power tools! (dremel, drill with wire brush... hehe)

3 23.08%
  • Mothers or other paste polish

7 53.85%
  • Buy pre-polished parts

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bordom=creativity with existing parts pt. 2

Bordom=creativity with existing parts pt. 2

Hey all, just wanted to get this one going again, it was interesting to see all people have done. I polished the "Honda" off of my throttle cover... looks sweet. I also polished my motor mounts, honda should have done that from the factory. What have you kids done to yours?
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

I used an aluminum polishing kit from Caswell Plating.
    It worked better than I thought. After trying other methods, this is the only way to go for a real good look.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I don't have any real good pictures of it yet, but here is one. Check out more here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

Man, that looks really nice! You did your motor mounts, right? Mine where really fun, I used some sand paper, and there where some pretty good pits and gouges from honda. Like you said, set some time ahead, and put some music on.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Yes, I did the mounts too. I might do the insane and polish the entire motor this winter if I get real bored. That would take forever, but damn would it look good!
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I use a medium coarse grade of steel wool and then use a good grade of aluminum polish. I've done the throttle and master cylinder cap, motor mounts, oil filter cover, starter gear cover, and timing plug. When I go to change my pilot jet, I'm going to try to polish the float bowl on the carb.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

for some reason i can't get the thumb throttle cover and master cylinder cover to shine as good as the other stuff i did and those motor mounts took forever.i will be doing my side cases this weekend .also there is a guy on ebay charging $40 to polish the master cylinder and brake lever and i think you have to pay the shipping too.lol,i wouldnt even buy one for that price,i'd save the money and do it myself.then again people will pay for anything,there was a used front set of fenders with a 4" crack from a roll over, scratches, and a few gouges.black headlight plastic and tank cover and it was going for around $130 .

Haha! you could buy a whole new set of plastic from servicehonda for that! Did he sell them? I love e-bay, but some people are really greedy!
    -Jeff

#77 is offline My DS will live again...
    Good to see this topic going again! I need to do my cases, but my engine needs to be fixed before I can even think of doing such things.
    2001 DS 650- Diamond G racing steering stem, Longhorn bars, Armadillo a-arms, HMF exhaust, jet kit, Trail Tech computer, and some other stuff.

Coming soon- YFZ 450 Pro-Pegs, CRF 450 rear master cylinder, braided lines, IMS 5.0 gallon tank, black plastic and seat cover, powdercoated frame and swingarm, HPR engine kit, Scott's Stainless oil filter, radiator shrouds, and much more.

i did the master cylinder and the honda logo on the throttle. I used a file and some sandpaper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast