Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flipped my front rims around for extra width.

Flipped my front rims around for extra width.

My local quad shop talked me into flipping my rims around so it would give me an extra 2-3 inches up front. Is this going to damage anything. Thanks
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    I heard it can bend ur spindels but i am not sure if thats true i heard that them and wheel spacers do that to ur spindals i dunno though i hope it works bc i wanna try it now.
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

i did but i think i have offset (not sure) but the valve hit the caliper on the stock rims.
    05 450R All the good stuff...

Don't do it unless you plan on driving a quad home with a flat tire. The valve stem will hit the brake caliper, and eventually either rip it off or at least put a hole in it. Spend the cash and get at least some offset front rims, but this will put a bit of extra wear and tear on the front end.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

I wont have to worry about the valve stem hitting b/c I paid the extra $10 and got the flat mount valve stems. Looks good and works great. Does anyone else know about any of the longer term effects (like bent spindels) ? Thanks alot.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

You should have mentioned that!

The stock A-arms were built to work in conjunction with the stock rims, in the stock position, so of course there will be extra stress put on the spindles, but I think you should be ok as long as you don't go off massive jumps. Flipping the rims around will be like having offset aftermarket rims. I haven't heard of much trouble with people who have those.
    2001 416EX
    Yeah, it's tuned.

Flipping the rims causes MASSIVE amounts of bump steer. You better hang on tight!
    SMC

Bumpsteer and if you jump and jump big you will bend or break your spindles.....I know because I used spacers for a few months and I have a bent spindle from it,,,but I also race MX so I put my bike to the test everytime I ride it...

Jhalletex,What is a flat mout valve stem /Where can i get some?thanks ,WW
    01 EX with many mods

Arrow ...

Auto parts store... They are bent in instead of sticking out. They just screw into the holes the old ones came out of.
    80 horsepower engines on 300 pound frames... Thats like having 2000 horsepower in your family car.

STOLEN: 1995 TRX300EX *Cobra JET Exhaust *K&N Air Filter *.040 overbore with high comp piston and Porting *Works Suspension *Sunstar 14/36 Aluminum Sprockets *Web Full-Race Cam, Valves, and Springs *AC Nerf Bars *DG Baja Swingarm plate *Renthal "RM bend" Handlebars *Motion Pro Twist Throttle *Scott Comp2 Grips *Ceet gripper seat cover *Hotwire Ignition Wires *Filtered Airbox Vents *20X10X9 Titan Fast Trekker Rear tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast