Thread: Yoshimura COMP, White Bros. R4, Big Gun??

Question Yoshimura COMP, White Bros. R4, Big Gun??

Please rate the quality/power range and increase/noise level of these pipes. I like the supertrapp IDS II which my friend has, but i want to run a complete system, and i dont like the disc thing. Stock db is 88 right? Of course i want a louder pipe with a growl, but i dont want it to rattle my head inside my helmet and annoy the people around where i ride! I heard they were all great, and i like their looks also. Thank you very much for your help!

They are all a good quality pipe. The Big Gun and R4 will be very close on the power output and weight. Big Gun is rated at 98db and the R4 at 97db, all around very close between those two. Yoshi on the other hand is lighter than the previous two if you go with titanium, but more expensive too. The Yoshi will put out a touch more power at 95db. There are cheaper alternatives to the Yoshi with Aluminum and Stainless constructed pipes as well. Good Luck on your choice.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

I would seriously consider a slip on. I have called alot of shops and heard that the stock header flows well, unless you have a highly modified engine....maybe you do. If not WB and Yoshi each make good slip on pipes. The WB e series I believe makes 95 dbs of sound but I am not sure on the Yoshi. I would go with a slip on though if I were you....that is if money is a factor. Hope this helps. Good luck

The only 2 pipes my mechanic recommends are the White Bros E or the Pro Circuit T4. He is Curt at WMR Competition Performance here in West Palm Beach. They specialize in building racing MX bike motors and suspension. I went with the full system and I have no regrets.
    1. Honda 2001 400EX - Yellow
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,
    Renthal bars (atv race bend - silver/carbon), Renthal soft 1/2 waffle grips.

2. Honda 02 Odyssey EX-L, somekinda grayish green - wife
    3. Honda 2k Civic EX, red - me

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 300EX (remains in the family)
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

why dont you consider the growl and performance of the full lrd system? get the head pipe make sure you have the highest flowing header not just a good flowing one

DO NOT GET THE BIG GUN COMPLETE!

The big gun is the worst pipe on the market after all the money you pay, it will fall apart, trust me. The best choice would be the WB complete, but that is a disc system. I chose DMC and have no regrets, I have owned 4 different systems. The R4 is not a disc system and should work fine also. I don't know much about the pro circuit, but I have heard the head pipe is too small.

Prices are different:

R4-$449
    DMC-$459
    E-series-$429
    Yoshi, over priced, well over $500
    Pro circuit-$399
    These are prices for complete systems.

ya like LDJ said WB is a good company to go with i bout the e-seris and i love it sounds great awsome power (with the k&n power kit) so its all on how much you want to spend!!
    lata
    400exBro
    07 Honda
    04 Honda

Timo Nielsen: CMRC ATV Intermediate class #99

Go to this site and check out the prices and scroll down in exhaust section and check out the exhaust shootout they did. I got the Pro Circuit T-4 and it rips !
    Here's Marcum's ATV's site = http://www.motorcycle-atv-pwc.com/
    John